I have lived in this small road for 9 years. It consists of 19 town houses. we are not overlooked. there is a large garden opposite, belonging to a Thai man, who grows many veg. recently, he sold a plot, and they have started levelling the ground in preperation to build a house.

The land is right opposite my house. there is a small piece of land before the wall, about 10m x 2m.

there are three trees on this land, 2 mangoes and one jackfruit, which the residents share the pickings. My wife and I have taken in on ourselves to keep this area tidy. We brush the leaves and burn them when necessary. the man building the house, says he will knock the wall down to make a gate into the road.

he says he will cut the trees down and buid a drive over this land to his house. He already has access from the otherside.

We already have parking problems. This will make things worse. there are clear government markings where his land ends. They are about 6" from his side.

We are currently setting up a petition. nearly all the residents agree and will sign.

Has anyone had a similar problem. Without involving lawyers, who can we approach to help us. Some say the boss of the village, others say the arbitor.

any help appreciated.

Simbo

yep, had same problem. if markers are clearly visible where his boundary ends, he is only allowed to build up to 6 inches in from this point. anything between you and him is government land and is a public right of way. the village head sorted it out for us, you should do the same. if you let them away with it once, next thing he will be encroaching on your land. then the real fun starts.