Best Deal On Your Er6 N/F?

karlos

As much as my heart wants a nice CBR954RR / R1 / GSXR1000 etc etc, my head is telling me my 260,000 baht would be better spent on a two pot ER6F (ninja 650)

I have had my fair share of big bikes back home and have been riding a VFR400 and Mio around the outskirts of Bangkok for over a year now, as much as i loved the VFR, it's old and needs constant attention and repairs.

The ER6F will give me a similar rate of pace as the VFR400 does but with out the worry of overheating, breaking down or falling apart.

I realize that the Versus is around 20,000Baht more and in my opinion it's a well justified 20,000Baht hike in price as it seems to be a much better set up chassis, BUT I'm afraid it would remain on my drive way under a dust cover, as i don't want to spend too much time sweeping up puke from outside my house or making my self ill at the sight of the thing..... Anyway it's a well equipped bike at a great price but not for me, sorry if i have offended any owners :)

So here's the question..... What was the best deal you guys & girls got on your ER6 F/N?

I understand there's a 2 month wait on them so i'm not expecting a free Leo Vinci slip-on :D

But free mirror extensions, free grab rail covers or insurance discounts shouldn't be too hard to come by..... right?

The dealership near me will chuck in a free Real crash helmet and 10% discount on accessories, should i just take that or ask for a little more?

From the same dealership they are offering 20% downpayment with the remaining balance running at 5%

Also the insurance from them is close to 14,000baht 1st class (180,000 Baht payout if the worst should happen), but i have seen some guy on here getting there's for a lot less?

Sorry it's seems that one question has turned into several but I'm grateful to receive any advice / answers.

Karl :)

Edited by karlos

Not actually bought one but the best I was quoted was free registration, no discounts or freebies at all.

Might be worth noting that there are unconfirmed reports that the 2012 ER6N/ER6F, due out in Sep/Oct, will have a stepped seat, more torque and better suspension. Definitely worth waiting for if true, I was going to but couldn't resist a nearly new Versys I saw :)

Why does anybody wait 2 or 3 months to take delivery of a Kawasaki when the Nakhon Sawan Kawasaki shop has every model in stock and ready to go. I took the train down from Phit'lok, money in pocket, when I bought mine and rode it back home. Instant gratification and Khun Surasak took care of all the paperwork. When all finished, he sent to me by post the final paperwork, greenbook and permanent plate. Also the ride home is a nice shakedown ride and convenient way to get some kilometers in to start getting it broken in.

I do not know what incentives Khun Surasak (089-8585759) may offer. At the time I bought mine he had a very small shop with few accessories (he did buy me lunch!). He has since remodeled, expanded to two floors, and has a fabulous shop that rivals anything in Bangkok. He even carries the Rev'it line (gloves, clothing, boots).