Alarm System For Bike, Gps And/Or Regular

johnlexo

GPS trackers are the way to go , I have one on my boat .

The tracker has a Sim Card activated for GPRS , Dial the sim card number from any phone , the tracker will answer and then hang up .

Moments later it will send a SMS to your phone with the co-ordinates , speed and direction , and battery life . You can then enter the

co-ordinates into something like google maps and get the exact location of the vehicle , boat , etc

There is a guy in Pattaya sells them , can,t remember the exact price , PM me if you want his contact details .

• Like 1

yes I have a tracker installed in the car for a extra 1000bt they will add to there web site and you can see your vehicle location. Total cost was 5000bt install your self or if in Bkk they will do for free.

yes I have a tracker installed in the car for a extra 1000bt they will add to there web site and you can see your vehicle location. Total cost was 5000bt install your self or if in Bkk they will do for free.

Any contact details for this?

JH

JH

Was in TukCom Pattaya today 17th July and saw 2 shops selling GPS trackers. 4,400 in one and 4,900 in another - There is also a small stall 2nd floor Royal Garden Plaza - 3,990.

You just buy a SIM card and insert it in the unit and hide it in the vehicle/bike...

I am considering one for the motor bike...GF's Cousin just had her new Scoopy stolen... .

JH

Was in TukCom Pattaya today 17th July and saw 2 shops selling GPS trackers. 4,400 in one and 4,900 in another - There is also a small stall 2nd floor Royal Garden Plaza - 3,990.

You just buy a SIM card and insert it in the unit and hide it in the vehicle/bike...

I am considering one for the motor bike...GF's Cousin just had her new Scoopy stolen... .

my first concern with one of these devices is how they are powered, also thai simcards expire if not used so would you need a pay monthly contract on the sim, i'm interested in one these also but need more info, also can you trust the person or company selling them - not only would they be able to track your bike but they would also know you have one fitted.

my first concern with one of these devices is how they are powered, also thai simcards expire if not used so would you need a pay monthly contract on the sim, i'm interested in one these also but need more info, also can you trust the person or company selling them - not only would they be able to track your bike but they would also know you have one fitted.

The devices are powered by the bikes or car battery.You insert a sim card with a gprs contract,think it is something like 200 baht a month currently for 200 or 300 Mb.The tracker will send a signal every few seconds with it's location.Even when the tracker is disconnected or if it is where there is no gprs signal you will be able to trace it's last location..You just recharge your sim card at the ATM same as you pay your monthly phone bill.I think you can PM moderator Monty as he may have some for sale or at least can point you in the right direction.

The devices are powered by the bikes or car battery.You insert a sim card with a gprs contract,think it is something like 200 baht a month currently for 200 or 300 Mb.The tracker will send a signal every few seconds with it's location.Even when the tracker is disconnected or if it is where there is no gprs signal you will be able to trace it's last location..You just recharge your sim card at the ATM same as you pay your monthly phone bill.I think you can PM moderator Monty as he may have some for sale or at least can point you in the right direction.

Rudy / Maithai Complex Soi Bouakao has them and more...Best guy in town...

Rudy / Maithai Complex Soi Bouakao has them and more...Best guy in town...

Thanks all for the info, someone else also mentioned Rudy has them, i will go and ask him about them....

JH

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not promoting my business but we benchmarked most market products on the GPS tracking business. You have 2 kinds on the market:

-Cheap ones: in general made in china, they go around 5000 baths for the hardware, installation fees are around 500 baths, sim card with data transfer will cost around 200 baths that you have to recharge by yourself at 7/11. Those units are not designed for bikes but used for cars also..

Pro: of course cheap, easy web interface with basic features such as location, stop (for cars)... Sometimes you have to understand chinese to access the web interface

Con: The devices are NOT designed for bikes but for cars, meaning it can drain your battery easily. No support if their server goes down because they sub contract from chinese companies. Often they used unlicensed google map, so the mapping can be suspended by google at anytimes. No waterproof box.

-Commercial solutions: the are around 15-20 000 baths all in one: installation, sim card with unlimited data transfer, 24/24 support in Thai/english.

Pro: professional services, devices made in america, devices designed for bikes (they have mouvment detection and go in sleeping mode after 30 minutes). Devices and coverage is world wide, so you can plan a trip in south east Asia and still track it. Google developer maps and Microsoft maps. Waterproof box made of composite materials.

Con: Price

There NO live device for bike, device usually refresh every 60 seconds but can be setup to go every 30 seconds. Only certain car devices car be setup to refresh every 5 seconds (useless in Thailand). From experience it's useless since because of the time needed to transfer the position to the server and then the server map the position to display.

my 2 cents!

A few years ago when i had just installed an alarm on my bike and went to Koh Chang,

i met a thai guy on the ferry with the exact same alarm installed on his scooter,

the only difference is i payed ~2/3 more than him since i got mine from a big bike shop,

and he got his from a small bike shop.

A few years ago when i had just installed an alarm on my bike and went to Koh Chang,

i met a thai guy on the ferry with the exact same alarm installed on his scooter,

the only difference is i payed ~2/3 more than him since i got mine from a big bike shop,

alarms can be disable quickly while the GPS tracking are stealth and allow to get your bike back even if the cable or battery disconnected.

alarms can be disable quickly while the GPS tracking are stealth and allow to get your bike back even if the cable or battery disconnected.

How does the GPS work on a motorbike if the Battery is disconnected ? I thought they need constant power ?

How does the GPS work on a motorbike if the Battery is disconnected ? I thought they need constant power ?

most have an internal battery as well good for a few hours or more.

• 5 months later...

At Tukcom in Pattaya they got on GPS device that cost about 2K and one for 4K, has anyone bought 1 of these? They were not really helpful at the store.Do I have to pay 300 baht for loading the sim card every 60 days as with normal 1-2Call sim cards?