42 Foreigners, Thais Injured In Bangkok-Surat Train Crash

george

Could have been signaling problems but the fact it was "push train" as against a "pull train" probably did not help matters.

By the term "Push Train" do you mean the Loco was at the rear pushing the carriages in front as opposed to a "Pull Train" where the loco would be in the front of the carriages?

No, sorry ,he has got it wrong . It was a Rail Motor -not Loco hauled ,to be totally clear - NO loco involved.

Could have been signaling problems but the fact it was "push train" as against a "pull train" probably did not help matters.

By the term "Push Train" do you mean the Loco was at the rear pushing the carriages in front as opposed to a "Pull Train" where the loco would be in the front of the carriages?

No, sorry ,he has got it wrong . It was a Rail Motor -not Loco hauled ,to be totally clear - NO loco involved.

The correct term for this type of train is 'Diesel Multiple Unit'. It has underslung engines, so there is no 'Push or Pull'.

It would be nice however,if they dropped the high speed rail plans and spent the money upgrading the existng infrastructure. Look at the state of the locomotives,for example,or the crossings with no gates....

The plans to upgrade the existing infrastructure are confirmed, I have seen them. Some high-speed rails are in the plans too, but the priority is on updating the tracks and locomotives for the major routes.

what is shocking is this is the 4th serious accident in the last 4 weeks,,,

After the previous bus and mini van fatalities saw Thailand's roads get a blasting for dangerous drivers and hazardous to tourists... I actually advised tourists to avoid tour buses like the plague and opt for the train as a safer bet...

How wrong was i?

Please Thailand stop fighting amongst yourselves and pull your heads out of each others pockets..

hi

I have a question for all of you.

We have friends visting Thailand at the moment and we haven't heard from them since the accident. They are from Denmark and we can see that there are also Danish victims.

Those anybody know if there is a list somewhere with the names of the victims or where we can ask if they where in the accident aswell...?????

Please let us know asap!

Thank you!

Yvette

hi

I have a question for all of you.

We have friends visting Thailand at the moment and we haven't heard from them since the accident. They are from Denmark and we can see that there are also Danish victims.

Those anybody know if there is a list somewhere with the names of the victims or where we can ask if they where in the accident aswell...?????

Please let us know asap!

Thank you!

Yvette

If you are a relative, I suggest you contact the Danish Embassy in Bangkok. If you are not, they won't give you an answer, but the relatives (parents?) would be your first contact.