True / Disconnects

fanciman

Hello

I have True ADSL (the cheapest one). It used to stay connected all day. Recently it keeps disconnecting after 10 minutes or so.

Does anyone else have this trouble?

Do we have to pay to reconnect, like in dial up?

Is it because i sometimes use Azureus to download?

The reconnects do not cost you anything but your time.

Do they occur only when you are using that program? I don't think it would be software related but if always happened at same point perhaps your computer is making the disconnect rather than TRUE. Is it only when circuit is idle?

Usually when I had a problem it happens when they are probably upgrading circuits; and not for more than a day or two.

You could call them and they might be able to check for you - I suspect they will run you through the reinstall of software and such. Are your phone lines good or do you hear noise now? Lines can go bad so if you go through the checks with them they will probably end up checking the line and perhaps visit you if still bad. But you will have to start the ball rolling and expect to spend some time at it.

Complementing your thread , I have been using ji-net dial up for the last year more or less OK, but for the last six weeks it has been dead slow and stop and also disconnecting every 20 mins or so and not connecting at all but getting to the 'registering your computer bit' so costing money every time for nothing, for the last four days I have not been able to connect at all. Have bought a loxinfo card which connects, but is also dead slow and stop ( 19.6 to 30 being the speed displayed on connection). Horror stories abound about the problems encountered by people paying even more money for so called broadband that hardly outperforms dial up so no escape there, did I read someone wanted Thailand to be the internet hub of Asia? LoL!!!

It is ironic that the sophisticated Mr Thatskin with his grandiose plans to censor the ineternet in Thailand cannot regulate his, (probably literally), internet providers to provide an honest proficient service, a good example of the strange logic behind Thai morality.

Anyway up to them!

Edited by spacebass

Hi I don't live in Thailand but have the same problem

I have a 2mb BT YAHOO line and I get the sameproblem I use BITLORD as my Bit Torrent client and most nights I wake up tofind the Internet Explorer box displayed saying WORK OFFLINE or TRY AGAIN.

Atleast you know its not your Bit Torrent client.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP US :o

What kind of DSL modem are you using w/ True? Every 10 minutes sounds like a hardware problem either in the modem (overheating?) or the wiring itself being faulty. Do you really mean the modem disconnects (PPPoE session dies), or just that web connections break?

I don't think True disconnects you for filesharing, though you might find yourself stuck with very slow service.

On the other hand, many people (myself included) have reported True resetting the DSL line once or twice a day. However, this does not seem to happen to everyone the same way.

Solution: Windows XP

Click Start, Click Control Panel, Click Network and Internet Connections,

Click Internet Options, Click Connections, Click LAN Settings, Click

Automatically detect settings and hit the OK button.

Hi

What infact will that do? Very interested! Does that apply to my post in this thread?

If possible could you explain in basic termonology :o

Thanks Ash

Hello

I have True ADSL (the cheapest one). It used to stay connected all day. Recently it keeps disconnecting after 10 minutes or so.

Does anyone else have this trouble?

I had the same problem after 10 minutes or so and I solved it with automatically detect settings.

Click Start, Click Control Panel, Click Network and Internet Connections,

Click Internet Options, Click Connections, Click LAN Settings, Click

Automatically detect settings and hit the OK button.

I don’t have any disconnecting any more. Try it!