Visa On Arrival For Indian

Hello Everybody

I am a person from Indian origin and holding Indian passport but from last 3 years living in USA as a permanent resident having green card with my family. My spouse and my children are American.

We are going to India and planning to stop in Bangkok for 2 days for shopping and sightseeing. I know americans don't reuire visa and persons having Indian passport can get 15 day Visa on Arrival.

How difficult it is to get visa on arrival. Other thing in USA 6 months back I got arrested for DUI (driving Under Influence of Alcohal). There was no imprisonment . It was only fine and I am under 3 years Informal probation(Informal means I dont havbe any probation officer but if i do this activity again they will know it and punishments will be severe). How does it is going to impact on Visa on arrival. I have seen there thai visa form and they haven't asked anything about prior arrest or convictions.

I am still worried as I have made already hotel bookings and moreover with family I don't want to face any hassles. Please advice.

As Indian p/port holder you can apply for visas at Bangkok airport for the purpose of tourism for the period of not exceeding 15 days.

You might have to show means of living expenses 10,000 Baht per person and 20,000 Baht per family accordingly and a full paid ticket which is usable within 15 days since the date of entry.

After arrival follow signs for 'visa on arrival', fill in the form and don't forget to bring your passport picture.

Depending how busy the office is the procedure should not take longer than 20-3 min. Once visa is issued youo can than mover to the incoming immigration counter to get stamped in. Visa on arrival cannot be extented generally.

I do not think a DUI-charge in the USA would be recoreded in Thailand or have any influence on the visa-application.

Hey Guys

Thanks a lot for your response. I am having one more question. As you have already read that I am expecting Visa on Arrival in Bangkok.

I have read somewhere in the post that some airlines do not let you on board unless you have visa for the destination country. I am travelling through china airlines. My route is America - taiwan and then 3 hrs stop. Then from Taiwan to Bangkok.

I am already everything ready what is required for tourist visa like 2 passport size picture, passport more than 6 months valid, not travelling from any yellow fever areas, money more than 20,000 bht / family and obviously confirmed tickets of leaving bangkok in 3 days.

Do you think anything else I require in order to gett hat kind of permission.

Thanks

Actually I heard from lots and lots of people that visa on arrival is a very very easy process just 15-20 mins process but if i apply for visa over here it may take more that 2 days to get it and now I dont have time. I m leaving on sunday.

So I just want to be carefule that I should be having what they require. anybody has any ideas what is % of approval of visa on Visa onArrival counter.

Thanks

You will be OK. Just fill out the immigration form you would receive from the flight attendant en route BKK. That's all you need unless immigration officer ask onward ticket and/or money etc which they seldom do. If you travel with e-ticket, printed itinerary is ok, too. Relax! I think you are worry too much.

You will be OK. Just fill out the immigration form you would receive from the flight attendant en route BKK. That's all you need unless immigration officer ask onward ticket and/or money etc which they seldom do. If you travel with e-ticket, printed itinerary is ok, too.  Relax! I think you are worry too much.

They want to see evidence of outbound ticket within 15 days.

They want to see evidence of outbound ticket within 15 days.

When you check in in the States, the airline may also want to see an outbound ticket, as they're responsible for ensuring their passengers are in compliance with destination country immigration rules. This doesn't always happen -- only when your're least prepared.

So very very true.

If everything went according to his plan, the good man should have arrived in Bangkok on 31 Oct. (left USA on 30 Oct. and I’m not so sure about his arrival date, with the dateline crossing and all that…always confuses me)

Let’s wait and see if he’ll be back to tell us how the 2-day Bangkok stopover went for him. He seemed a little over-anxious and I bet he was pleasantly surprised by the friendly welcome he got in Thailand.