Taliban hang 8-year-old boy in southern Afghanistan

News_Editor

Taliban hang 8-year-old boy in southern Afghanistan

2011-07-24 02:04:12 GMT+7 (ICT)

KABUL (BNO NEWS) -- Suspected members of the Taliban on Friday hung the 8-year-old son of a local police commander in southern Afghanistan after ordering his father to surrender, according to a news report on Saturday.

The Deutsche Presse-Agentur (DPA) news agency reported that the young boy was kidnapped by militants in the Greshk district of Helmand province on Tuesday. They had ordered his father to surrender to the Taliban or else the boy would be executed.

"The militants had warned his father, who is a local police commander, to surrender with his police vehicle and weapons, otherwise they would kill his son," provincial governor spokesman Daud Ahmadi told DPA. The boy was hung on Friday.

While child executions by the Taliban are not common, children often fall victim to Taliban militants when they carry out attacks. But children have also been used by the Taliban as suicide bombers.

On May 1, four civilians were killed and 12 others were injured when a 12-year-old suicide bomber blew himself up at a crowded market in eastern Afghanistan. The Taliban however have denied that they use children to carry out their attacks.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-07-24

Subhuman filth.

Let's hear from the people who say it depends what side your on as to who's a "freedom fighter".

Come to think of it, we no doubt will. I'm sure the moral relativists will come along with a 'This is terrible but...' -- and I can guess how the rest of it will go...I should stay away from this thread.

Their thinking they are doing it all for religious purity is completely belied by their heinous actions.

I can somewhat understand the father not walking out to give up to these sick zealots, because the child would likely die anyway, and he can use his position still to go after them, rather than surrender, and both of them die. 2 dead Taliban wins another. Though this is a hard decision that will haunt him always. Or others may have stopped him... not known yet.

RIP little one, you deserved better in this life.

Edited by animatic

Subhuman filth.

Let's hear from the people who say it depends what side your on as to who's a "freedom fighter".

Come to think of it, we no doubt will. I'm sure the moral relativists will come along with a 'This is terrible but...' -- and I can guess how the rest of it will go...I should stay away from this thread.

When I posted the above I hadn't noticed the NATO comment. Perfect example of the sort of ugly crap I expected to see.

What an awful situation to put the father in. :(

There is some speculation that the human race is going to become extinct, going the way of the dinosaurs and many other species.

My feeling is that it can't come quick enough. :angry:

Dead kids because they're following the fathers suppressive and vile dictatorship direction.. This child was executed because he has a father who was trying to do the right thing and move Afghanistan into a civilized direction for his family and others who would benefit... Your perspective is sickening..

Edited by metisdead
Removed deleted posts from quote.

It would be interesting to gauge how many Afghans are behind the Taliban by choice, compared to how many are forced to side with them.

Too bad the Afghanis don't have freedom of choice. Their politics, like their religion, is forced upon them - under pain of death. They probably wouldn't accept true freedom, even if it was an option, because true freedom is too scary for people whose beliefs have been shackled for generations.

It really does take a special kind of sick thinking to do that to a child.

You are right BUT it does show that the worlds population/creeds are really worlds apart at this time. In the UK not so long ago we were doing similar stuff. ;)

Doesn't this just illustrate, tragically and graphically the great absurdities and dangers of faith, be it Islam or Christian. 'I am told by god to do this' ' You are wrong and must die' The sooner the world turns away from this bronze age, desert rubbish, the better.

Doesn't this just illustrate, tragically and graphically the great absurdities and dangers of faith, be it Islam or Christian. 'I am told by god to do this' ' You are wrong and must die' The sooner the world turns away from this bronze age, desert rubbish, the better.

For sure, and all the instructions that these people follow are from a bloke, not a someone from beyond, a bloke. :bah:

Not that I entirely disagree with you but...

In a way, it's not really Islam that drives the Taliban -- not even entirely the perverse Deobandi, though no doubt many or most are devoted to it -- the war is, as all wars, ultimately about getting what they want -- primarily power -- and those in charge are trying to gain or keep theirs. The foot soldiers are doing, sadly, what lots of humans have always been willing to do -- follow and all too easily let loose the evil inside them.

No doubt Islam is what unifies them and what they use to justify their actions (even no doubt believing their own lies) but if it wasn't Islam, it'd be something else. (The Afghan communists did truly horrible things as well -- and they were anti-Islam).

In a way, it's not really Islam that drives the Taliban -- not even entirely the perverse Deobandi, though no doubt many or most are devoted to it -- the war is, as all wars, ultimately about getting what they want -- primarily power -- and those in charge are trying to gain or keep theirs. The foot soldiers are doing, sadly, what lots of humans have always been willing to do -- follow and all too easily let loose the evil inside them.

No doubt Islam is what unifies them and what they use to justify their actions (even no doubt believing their own lies) but if it wasn't Islam, it'd be something else. (The Afghan communists did truly horrible things as well -- and they were anti-Islam).

I'm listening , but then there is the horror in Norway of ? another fundementalist?

Edited by msg362

I've just come back...didn't realize you had responded. Would have given you the courtesy of a response...

I'm listening , but then there is the horror in Norway of ? another fundementalist?

Yes.

Now shall we list the horrors committed by people who weren't religious but were in fact no different from the Talibs or that Norwegian slime? Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, are just the most prominent - there are thousands more. Or shall we talk about the millions of devout peope who would never do anything violent in the name of their religion? Or even the thousands who have done wonderful things in its name?

I'm not a fan of organized religion as a rule and I'm certainly not ignorant of history and what's been done in it's name. Moreover I know fair bit about Islamist extremism and I think it's a terrible danger and an indefensible ideology. But it's people who do evil -- and religion doesn't make them do it. It (fundamentalism, specifically) is is often if not always a symptom rather than the disease. (I also feel that religion isn't truly what makes people do good things either -- it's often a vehicle for those who want to do good just as it for those who want to do ill but it's not the religion that makes them good people.)

It'd be nice if we could just explain away the evil that humans do with the existence of religions -- and I note you seem to be singling out the Abrahamic monotheistic religions but fail to express any loathing for faith in the other creeds or theology -- but I'm afraid it's not that simple nor are those of us who have no religious beliefs so inherently superior:

People are capable of horrible, horrible things just as they are capable of astonishingly good things (and obviously a wide range between the two) -- and that remains the case with or without religion.

I think I'm rambling pretty badly and I should probably go back and read this and straighten it out...but I can't be bothered at this hour.

EDIT for a couple typos...

Edited by SteeleJoe

Probably straying too far from the original topic, but it seems that when an authority, be it a supernatural god interpreted ( mostly ) by Abrahamic religions, or a Pol Pot/ Mao character instructs us to do something our natural tendency as a species is to follow. (There were experiments a long time ago on simulated electric shock to the point of death, most people followed the instructions!) For me tho, Mao was transient, so was Pol Pot, religion is much longer lasting

Our only hope lies in our capacity to question everything and reason.

Dead kids because they're following the fathers suppressive and vile dictatorship direction.. This child was executed because he has a father who was trying to do the right thing and move Afghanistan into a civilized direction for his family and others who would benefit... Your perspective is sickening..

Talibans too are convinced that they are doing the right thing.

It now sounds like not only you defending talibs but also supporting them

I sincerely hope I misunderstood

Perhaps, BUT the guy who strings kids up and those in command have no conscience about murdering a child. That is the difference in a 'modern' world and shows the big gap that really cannot be overcome. Rwanda comes to mind.

Not supporting nor defending them.

They are cleary sadistic barbarians.

But they are thinking they are doing the right thing, for reclaiming Afghanistan for Allah and spreading their sick faith to the whole world. Killing children is endorsed by the prophet...

Just as many westerners believe they have the mission to spread democracy and its values to those countries. Children die too in the process, but at least it is by mistake and for the greater good.

Not supporting nor defending them.

They are cleary sadistic barbarians.

But they are thinking they are doing the right thing, for reclaiming Afghanistan for Allah and spreading their sick faith to the whole world. Killing children is endorsed by the prophet...

Just as many westerners believe they have the mission to spread democracy and its values to those countries. Children die too in the process, but at least it is by mistake and for the greater good.

BUT they are not doing the right thing, cold bloodily stringing up kids :huh:, lot of difference when kids are killed in a campaign and putting a noose round a kids neck and probably cheering the outcome.

BUT they are not doing the right thing, cold bloodily stringing up kids :huh:, lot of difference when kids are killed in a campaign and putting a noose round a kids neck and probably cheering the outcome.

You won't say that when you die and your sould ends up for judgement in front of Allah, Muhammad and his henchmen...

Meant tongue in cheek of course - but if you reject their faith/belief, you have to reject Christianism too. I do. I also don't think democracy is the right form of government everywhere - not yet.

You won't say that when you die and your soul ends up for judgement in front of Allah, Muhammad and his henchmen...

Meant tongue in cheek of course - but if you reject their faith/belief, you have to reject Christianity, too. I do. I also don't think democracy is the right form of government everywhere - not yet.

AH, then, l see your point/thoughts and need not discuss further.

Yes that's the most disturbing observation of all which is why it's so important to bring these cultures into a 21st century civilized way of thinking mostly through education they so strongly lack and resist as a threat to their primitive way of thinking. Cudos to the police chief for trying to accomplish that goal for his people and to his son for his unintended martyrdom, may he rest in peace :jap: ..

Edited by WarpSpeed