Jetski Scam On Channel 3 News.

PoorSucker

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt the police are in on it. After all, this town depends on tourism.

Surely, the police would look after the tourists well being and never side with the criminals.

Not to worry.

The Pattaya Mayor and Police have been informed and are on the case.

http://www.google.co...=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Does that mean the police will be getting a bigger cut of the scammer's rip offs????

Surely, the police would look after the tourists well being and never side with the criminals.

Not to worry.

Does that mean the police will be getting a bigger cut of the scammer's rip offs????

I can not believe that you think that the Police are not in on it.

How long have you lived in Thailand? :(

Not to worry.

I can not believe that you think that the Police are not in on it.

How long have you lived in Thailand? :(

:D Nice catch Paul

She was 'horrified' to learn of a scam in Thailand?

Have you been keeping her locked in the cellar?

I think people would be surprised at the number of Thai people who either do not know about this scam or will claim that it never happens. Amazing Thailand.

TheWalkingMan

Did you actually listen to the report? The report said the police are in on it.

And no, the mayor isn't going to do anything. He's been blowing smoke for over 1 year now and has taken zero action.

At least now all the Thais will know what is happening. That means even less people will be renting the jet skis.

Here is the link to the Channel 3 video. No English, so maybe you can have the partner take a look at it.

Channel 3 video

TheWalkingMan

Cliff notes:

- This scam is happening in Pattaya and Phuket.

- The scammers and police are making Thailand look bad.

- The government said that foreigners made the video to make Thailand look bad.

- Channel 3 sent their own reporter to Pattaya and found the scam and video was true, not made up.

- They talk about the gang running the scam, headed by an older Thai lady, and she is paying off EVERYONE, that is why no one can stop it.

- There is someone higher than the lady, but they didn't say who.

- The police are involved in the scam and work for the gang.

- The youtube videos have been seen around the world and it is bad for Thailand.

The report just confirmed what is happening, despite the sorry excuse from the government that it is false and it all stems from foreigners trying to make Thailand look bad.

Here is the link to the Channel 3 video. No English, so maybe you can have the partner take a look at it.

Channel 3 video

TheWalkingMan

Cliff notes:

- Channel 3 sent their own reporter to Pattaya and found the scam and video was true, not made up.

- They talk about the gang running the scam, headed by an older Thai lady, and she is paying off EVERYONE, that is why no one can stop it.

- The youtube videos have been seen around the world and it is bad for Thailand.

The report just confirmed what is happening, despite the sorry excuse from the government that it is false and it all stems from foreigners trying to make Thailand look bad.

Thousands of peoples holidays have been ruined by these scum anyone who thinks Pattaya beach is safe and friendly tourist destination should sit there for a couple of days and just observe , look along the beach at dusk and see how many groups are standing around farangs accusing them of damage and showing photos of damage it is criminal and it will never stop until they are all banned.

This should go to the prime ministers office and investigated by the DSI.

I'm sure all eyes are on it now.

Before it was probably unknown to most Thais unless they saw it first hand. Running the story on a large Thai TV network just put the spotlight on those involved. Maybe nothing will come of it, but maybe something finally will. It did not show Thailand in a good light.

Channel 3 video

TheWalkingMan

Cliff notes:

That all sound fairly correct from what I have seen , there is one lady that seem to control it and sits opposite royal garden always has a bunch thugs hanging around her.

" foreigners trying to make Thailand look bad."

the thais don't need any assistance in that department

If it wasn't for those pesky falang, this place would be a paradise where no one is cheated, murdered, drug addicted, and sons and daughters are not sent to brothel cities to support their family.

I vote to deport them all.

Channel 3 video

TheWalkingMan

Cliff notes:

That all sound fairly correct from what I have seen , there is one lady that seem to control it and sits opposite royal garden always has a bunch thugs hanging around her.

Go send a Thai friend of yours to chit chat with her and buy her a drink or two. She often boldly boasts who she works for and who protects her. So does the old shirtless drunk guy who sits near Mike's. Catch him around sundown after he's three sheets to the wins and he's all lips if you speak Thai with him.

Channel 3 video

TheWalkingMan

Cliff notes:

Go send a Thai friend of yours to chit chat with her and buy her a drink or two. She often boldly boasts who she works for and who protects her. So does the old shirtless drunk guy who sits near Mike's. Catch him around sundown after he's three sheets to the wins and he's all lips if you speak Thai with him.

He never stops drinking that guy , they all have plenty of money some of the vehicles they drive are almost new , there is probably more than 100 people on the beach involved in this scam and most of them drink whisky all day .

He never stops drinking that guy , they all have plenty of money some of the vehicles they drive are almost new , there is probably more than 100 people on the beach involved in this scam and most of them drink whisky all day .

Living the life, eh? :lol:

The part that gives me twisted satisfaction is, the owners of the skis and the gang leaders are the ones making all the money but the dirt bags who do all the work will still be living in sub-human conditions and have nothing when this scam is all over. That is the universe's way of dealing with dirt bags.

Tourist reports on jet ski extortion plot:

"This scam is rabid on Pattaya beach i have now noticed it is the length of the whole beach , it looks like the indians are targeted the most but I think that is because they are renting more jet skis than others. The Scammers have an indian man in a Turban helping them he is going the whole length on his motorbike when problems occur. I think the indian people are under the impression he is helping them.

There is also another guy doing the same for Russians.

Last week some Iranians were scammed and one was put in a head lock and his head pushed into the jet ski.

No one is getting let off from this scam the other day I noticed about 15 people in several groups being scammed in the last hour people were still arguing well into the night. this goes on every night some where along the beach , hot spots are in front of Mikes ,Royal Garden and the last rental spot close to walking st.

"There are at least 60 to 100 people being scammed weekly along Pattaya beach and losing thousands or up 1 million baht a week would not be an underestimate.

I witnessed one young Indian guy who was so upset and kept saying I have no money I have no money , don't know what happened in the end/

I also saw a young european couple get scammed looked like they were on a honeymoon.

The scammers will sweet talk people and drop the price just to get them on the jest ski's to be scammed.

They love renting to groups because they will get more scams in one hit .

They do not care how big and strong you are or how many.

Every night some where a long the beach there are arguments going on , No one is safe to rent Jet skis on pattaya beach."

Now, the jet ski scammers know they are being watched, they have begun taking photographs of the tourist on the jet ski before the ride.

While the tourist is playing on the jet ski, the beach mafia, hand the camera to a lady with a notebook computer.

She then photoshops the images and erases existing damage.

The beach mafia then claim the tourist created the damage...then the intimidation, threats, extortion begins. Often with Pattaya police assisting.

Saw it myself, just across from Mikes Mall.

Channel 3 video

TheWalkingMan

I can't get the video to play maybe because i have mac , hopefully someone will put it on youtube :)

No problems to see the video on a Mac, just use Safari and install Perian and flip4mac.smile.gif