Jetski Scam On Channel 3 News.

PoorSucker

Why dont the major hotel chains warn their customers and demand that Pattaya enforce the law.

Then more HAPPY TOURISTS ...Happy Thais...Less thugs.

Do they understand WIN WIN? Never...SO WE MUST SHOW THEM. Dont bite the hand that feeds you.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why dont the major hotel chains warn their customers and demand that Pattaya enforce the law.

Do they understand WIN WIN? Never...SO WE MUST SHOW THEM. Dont bite the hand that feeds you.

That puzzles me too. Some have the money and power to get something done. The large players in the real estate industry (major condo developers) should perhaps consider joining hands with the major hotel players and use their collective influence to stop this nonsense. I am curious: Has any person (tourist) been killed by these thugs or severely injured, beaten up, hit with a pipe, stabbed? Are there records of these types of attacks on file? Videos?

That puzzles me too. Some have the money and power to get something done. The large players in the real estate industry (major condo developers) should perhaps consider joining hands with the major hotel players and use their collective influence to stop this nonsense. I am curious: Has any person (tourist) been killed by these thugs or severely injured, beaten up, hit with a pipe, stabbed? Are there records of these types of attacks on file? Videos?

How about the Mayor? After all this is a family resort.

:) A "family resort" patrolled by Thai mafia jet ski scum that carry sniper rifles. Did I actually see that in the pictures of Pattaya Beach, or was it a joke....say a picture from backwater Africa?

:) A "family resort" patrolled by Thai mafia jet ski scum that carry sniper rifles. Did I actually see that in the pictures of Pattaya Beach, or was it a joke....say a picture from backwater Africa?

It is not like Thailand can't change. In the late 1940's they went from one of the largest opium producers and consumers to almost 0 in only a couple of years. It just takes motivating the right people.

The jet ski mafia carrying the rifle was on Phuket.

It had a scope but later said it was a BB gun.

His episodes triggered a brief crackdown.

The politicians made a big show and implemented

mandatory insurance but that all fell thru.

That punk pulling a rifle on tourists is still running the scams in the same place I hear.

Google JJ jet ski to see his operation.

It is not like Thailand can't change. In the late 1940's they went from one of the largest opium producers and consumers to almost 0 in only a couple of years. It just takes motivating the right people.

They changed from opiates to amphetamines - Now thats going from the frying pan to the fire.

I dont condone any drug use, but I would much rather be around a population of people on opiates instead of amphetamines.

And so would you.

They changed from opiates to amphetamines - Now thats going from the frying pan to the fire.

I dont condone any drug use, but I would much rather be around a population of people on opiates instead of amphetamines.

And so would you.

I agree but amphetamines are hardly a substitute for opiates from the addicts point of view and they closed 1000 opium dens in Thailand and eliminated social opium use in most families which was rampant. It was a radical change and nothing was substituted. No heroin dens opened nor do you see ya ba dens around. No one shoots up after dinner in high class homes like they did when they smoked opium. Thailand eliminated opium use and it was 30 years before Ya ba became common place. My point is Thailand can make enormous and rapid changes if the people in power want to make the changes. No one on this forum has named the people behind the people in charge of the Jet ski problem nor have they named (not the police) the people who could eliminate it.

Time for a new telivision show about Pattaya called CCTV

Corruption City TV.

Q. How to depart Pattaya with no more money on only the second day of your vacation?

A. Rent a jet ski on the first day!

Edited by IAMSOBAD

Nice link. I have pics of over 35 scams but I never knew of the SD card trick till somebody sent me a message about it. I had noticed them taking several pics of customers before they set off which at the time I thought odd (you only need 1 snap to sell a souvenir to a tourist) the returning renter then faces the doctored pics and the signed rental form, so he is stuffed. The debate then becomes the amount of folded to settle the matter.

Jet ski scams use fake photos

Story and link in Pattaya News Clippings HERE

--PATTAYA TODAY 2011-08-29

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

So much for the "crack down" that city hall was putting into place. But, the person running this is bigger than city hall so no one should be surprised.

Wonder if they had to get insurance for the SD cards they are using. :lol:

• 6 months later...

If these were carjackings in broad daylight in front of hundreds of people what would the BiB do?

There is your question of the day?

The real question of the day is, if you really cared why don't you post a question about somewhere where it may do some good like, "Live Videocast Direct From Pattaya City Hall: Seminar On Rights Of Foreigners In Thailand" instead of just carping about it in a forum where it will never make any difference?

Look here:

http://www.facebook.com/editprofile.php?sk=basic&success=1#!/PattayaFuture

No reaction of the Mayor however.