Low Cost "Retro" Look Bikes?

pianoman

My wife's niece is going crazy over the New, Chinese I think, "Retro" look bikes... They seem to sell for about 30,000 baht, which seems cheap but are cute looking for a young girl...

Anyone familiar with them or have any informed opinions regarding their quality, service and use???

Pianoman

You are presumably talking about the Ryuka, which looks identical to the Tiger Retro.

I'd suggest you join the Tiger-Sachs Club website/forum, where you'll find plenty of information about the Ryuka, as well as the Tiger Retro and "monkey-bike" style bikes (many of which are assembled by Tiger for other companies).

As long as she has no problems with a Honda Wave style "clutchless" gear change (as distinct from the fully auto Scoopy/Vino/Click/Mio style bikes) and if she's after something "cute looking" I'd suggest that she goes for the Tiger Future instead of the Tiger Retro (edit: or the Ryuka) as its "retro-style" but with a modern twist, and she'll probably be the first of her friends to have one as they have only become available this week.

Pictures here on the T-S Club website, but you'll probably have to join before you have access to them.

Edited by LeCharivari