Palestine Vs Thailand, 28Th July

spongeman

World cup qualifier 2nd leg.

Thailand won the first leg 1-0 in Bangkok, the match in Palestine will be played on an artificial surface. Winners will go into the group stages.

Best bet for Thailand would be to go for a goal rather than sit back, then Palestine would need 3...........

They have not being playing well, but sure I will keep an eye out for them.

THEY ARE SMALL, THEY ARE ROUND, THEY SCORE IN MODERATION AT EVERY GROUND, THAILAND,THAILAND.

I will be watching game in Pattaya with my little friend. I found it incredibly funny watching her watching Thailand on telly soon after I met her. Any play close to goal had her in an orgy of excitement followed by an apologetic wai to me. I managed to keep a straight face and appear shocked that any one could get so worked up. A week later she observed me watching an Old Firm game and she realised that "her hansum man" was far worse than her.

Re Rangers fair to say I am not heartbroken. I would not rule them out. A goal in Malmo for them would have the Swedes under pressure if its a tight match and sweating in case they concede again. :huh:

Palestine 2 Thailand 2 ( Agg 2-3 )

I had to go and lie down after that. Mrs out celebrating.

I have to say fair play to the lads, an artifical pitch, hostile environment, concession of an early goal, and they kept plugging away. I thought when palestine scored at the end the ref was going to keep playing until they scored, but thonglao popped up with a second.

The group stages will be very tough, but well done all the same to the elephants.

STAND UP, FOR THE BOYS IN BLUE, STAND UP FOR THE BOYS IN BLUE, STAND UP FOR THE BOYS IN BLUE, STAND UP, FOR THE BOYS IN BLUE.

spongeman,

It must have been an eventful game. I intended watching it but one of the newspapers here yesterday were advising it was a 10pm Thailand time KO on NBT. Whether the time or the channel was incorrect I do not know but I never got to see it.

Now that "the lads" have come through, I trust you will be bracing yourself for our remaining outings in the European Championship. Can we do what Napolean and Hitler failed to do, and come back from Moscow with a victory?. :blink:

Salty I think we can win over there with a fully fit squad, the likely outcome is a draw however. Its been a very strange group with everybody dropping points. Slovakia have already played Andorra twice so their position at the top is a bit false. We should take them in Dublin and eliminate them. Great to see Given playing first team football again - WHY DID'NT WENGER SIGN HIM?????????

Did you have to get your lady friend counselling after exposing her to an old firm game ????!!!!!

Ps the goals from the Palestine match are up on youtube - watch Thonglao's free kick at the end - PEACH.

Edited by spongeman

spongeman,

Thanks for tip. I saw the goals on you tube. I noticed that the Thai Guy rolled 4 times after the foul on him for the free kick. Not quite as dramatic as the whinger playing centre forward for Palestine last Sunday. He rolled over 6 times after a tackle which seemed quite fair.

As regards our hopes cannot escape the feeling that the Robbie Keane penalty miss will come back to haunt us.

My little lady is well aware after bowling daily that I am in her words "cray ciey"