Thai Steelmaker Says To Create 1,000 Jobs In Britain

webfact

Is the Thai company aware that wages in England are about 10 times that of LOS ? Ever heard of rabid British unions in the North ? When they say theyre going to hire 1000 workers; do they mean anglo saxons or Paki's Indians and Tamils .Please clarify.

Poles i believe, they work hard and don't complain.

On another note, a packet of prawns i bought today was produced???? Caught in the North Sea, packed in Thailand and sold at Tescos in U.K?

Somebody is playing chess with the world.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 000, jobs , near where I live they are laying of at least 4000 from a steel works owned By Indians. Britain now has some of the most versatile workers in Europe, and A good relation with the trade unions , very few if any strikes , We give Ship building jobs away worth billions to France , We have trains built in Germany while laying of British workers. so a 1000 Jobs is like pissing in the wind.

PS The prawns are caught and shipped to Thailand from England to be Shelled and then shipped back to the UK , because its cheaper to do so ,Yet we are spending billions on wind farms to reduce our carbon footprint, makes you laugh

Edited by Thongkorn

1 000, jobs , near where I live they are laying of at least 4000 from a steel works owned By Indians. Britain now has some of the most versatile workers in Europe, and A good relation with the trade unions , very few if any strikes , We give Ship building jobs away worth billions to France , We have trains built in Germany while laying of British workers. so a 1000 Jobs is like pissing in the wind.

At the moment world capitalism is pulling money from UK and US, weakening the currency to reduce deficits and government loan interest rates. They are conserving their winnings from the 80s and 90s by putting it into commodities and investing in developping nations like Thailand. After the pound and dollar currencies have boltomed and commodities peaked they will plough it back into UK and US and raise the workers wages . This will create another 20 years of boom, but this is a long way off yet. The workers who live in UK and US will not realise that their paper currency has been wiped out, except if they go abroad. The top/bottom divide in UK and US will be much larger, wages in Europe will begin to match Asian wages.

I often wonder who owns the British Embassy on Wireless road, I heard it was Nok from the Buffalo bar .

Ugh, have you been there recently? Not a british person in sight and all the Thai are blunt rude except for the people behind the actual desks.

They're all Brit, check their passports. Some of them are running your businesses and one was recently the Prime Minister of Thailand. How did you miss that one? Never mind, Briton's got a long way to go before they're taken over by the masses of Thai's begging for entry and citizenship in the Queens country. The third largest population of Thai's by city is Los Angles, California. 1st is Bangkok and second is Chiang Mai. I think London's got a ways to goas the majority of foreign residents appear to be from India, British West Indies, Haiti, Africa and the entire Abdul Mohammed family from Pakistan numbering 12 million members at last count. All previously mentioned British citizens contribute to the overall quality of life to be found in London and further afield in greater parts of the UK. Shall we toast to the new and prosperous enterprise of "steel making/pot metal works," over priced and over paid for by the UK's latest sucker looking for a future in England. Cheers mates!!!

maybe but Uk is going to dogs fast and if you look at people living here they are no longer from west but from Russia China parts of ex soviet union and they have the money while tons of ex pat USA UK and europe people here are broke fast. However Thailand is not the place to be under good brother Taksin. Much better Singapore Malaysia or Indonesia IMHO jap.gif