Sky Tv In The Uk

mrbojangles

I've tried the search function, as i'm sure this has been asked on here before but came up with Zilch.

I was talking to a someone at the weekend and they told me i can pick up certain Thai Channels in the UK through my BSkyB/SKY Sattelite dish and receiver. I thought the only way for this, was that you had to purchase the extra dish? I have found how to add extra channels (for foreign channels) but you need to know the polarisation and frequency etc of the chanel you wish the receiver to find. If this can be done, has anybody got the frequencies, polarisation info.

Cheersfor any info

MrBoJ (but MRS BoJ will be most thankful) :o:D

Mr BoJ,

If you go to thailand-uk and click on the Thai tv link on the home page, it tells you how to tune it all in.

Scouse.

Cheers Scouse. I'll have a look now. For some reason i thought that was the one where you have to purchase an additional dish :o Where i live, there can be problems with planning permission for sat dishes and i don't want my house looking like i work for NASA :D

Seems to be 2 solutions to this problem, at the moment, if you already have a Sky Box and Minidish.

1/ Purchase a second dish (80 cm) plus a small A+B box which allows you to switch between the 2 dishes. (This can be an issue with planning permission).

2/ Replace your minidish with a 85cm and dual LNB kit plus a small A+B box which allows you to switch between the 2 LNB's.

Quite a bit of hassle, me thinks. So i've been in touch with Sky, asking about their future plans with regards to foreign TV (in particular Thai) availabilty through their system. They currently have access to many, many different foreign TV chanels (except Thai). Just waiting a response from them now. If not a satisfactory one, i think a petition or the likes, with the help of ThaiVisa members, is called for. I don't think Sky are aware of how many Thai's live in the UK.