Air Asia To Ubon And Udon

ovenman

Just noticed that AirAsia has added both CNX-Ubon Ratchathani and CNX-Udon Thani as valid flight pairs in their booking engine but with no actual flights available yet. Past experience tells me that unless this is a "false alarm", actual flights will be loaded fairly soon. We'll see...

Update: AirAsia's online Flight Schedules indicates service on these two routes from 30 October.

CNX-UBP (Ubon Ratchathani) will operate Monday/Wednesday/Friday.

CNX-UTH (Udon Thani) will operate Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday/Sunday.

Flight will depart CNX at approximately 07:00. Return flight will depart Ubon/Udon at approximately 08:45, arriving back in Chiang Mai shortly before ten o'clock in the morning.

Let's say you land at UTH at 830 then it's going to be pretty tight to visit the consulate the same day.

If things go smooth then seems okay but not much room for a hitch. It seems like it's at least 90 mins travel for both sides of Friendship plus whatever processing time at the checkpoints and waiting or hiring taxi's. That's provided you can breeze into the Thai consulate by 11 am. They don't close until 12 for submission but if there is a long line etc then might less than 100%. I suppose if you use a agent then no problem since they will submit it.

Coming back again tight but okay.

The border beginning 6am? is it crowded then?

Can definitely minimize the time visiting laos.

Will be interesting to see the price they end up charging. If AA is more reliable than Nok then I am all for it.

Thanks for the heads up