Phuket Parents Furious Over Teacher Hitting Young Children

webfact

"Spare the rod and spoil the child".

It is all about how you discipline a child. Hard slaps on the side of the head could lead to brain damage. Good to see the follow up story as usually there never is.

Edited by Valentine

It is a problem at Darasamuth school also. My daughter is in the second grade there. This year she was to be assigned to a teacher who has a reputation among the kids as one who is pretty liberal with the physical punishment. Being concerned about this, I went to the school and discussed this with a faculty member. She said not to worry as the school had a big meeting about this and assured me this teacher would stop her evil ways. So a few days ago my daughter made the remark that the teacher whacked her with a ruler for forgetting to wear a certain uniform accessory. I am pissed off about this but had better not go to complain as I am not a nice person when it comes to protecting my family....:angry:

Come on mate show a bit of backbone. Go back to the school and talk to the one who gave you the guarantee before. Remember you are protecting more than just your own kid here. Just control your temper and do it for your daughters sake! If the school fail to take action you are perfectly entitled to file a police complaint as it si 100% illegal. However despite it being illegal the police are powerless to act unless their is a plaintiff whcih is why they so rarely do.

If you go to the school and say that you are going to file a police report they will think twice - even if nothing happens.

Sitting back and doing nothing is NOT the answer.