Kudos To Kad Suan Kaew

MamaSan

Yes, the EU film festival has been very popular this year, hasn't it? I expect there are other sponsors besides Kad Suan Kaew and they all are due a thanks. They definitely found the right "price point" -- free. It's been a great mix of films, too. One more day of films, all very good.

I hope that next year they can use one of the larger theaters. But, I've discovered it really isn't all that uncomfortable to sit on the steps. They're carpeted and you can lean against the wall. You can actually move around a bit more on the steps than in a seat. But, I really feel my age in getting up after sitting on the floor for a couple of hours.

The programming has been superb, and a great experience.

I can't imagine a more congenial setting for this event, as KSK is sort of an art object itself. When I'm not watching films, I'm strolling around taking pictures. During the festival, I've discovered parts of the mall I'd never known about, which is fun for me and good business for them.

I agree about the step-sitting. I'd managed to have a seat until Exit Through the Gift Shop. I gladly sat on the floor for that one, and actually felt better than I did after sitting in one of the chairs.

The programming has been superb, and a great experience.

I can't imagine a more congenial setting for this event, as KSK is sort of an art object itself. When I'm not watching films, I'm strolling around taking pictures. During the festival, I've discovered parts of the mall I'd never known about, which is fun for me and good business for them.

I agree about the step-sitting. I'd managed to have a seat until Exit Through the Gift Shop. I gladly sat on the floor for that one, and actually felt better than I did after sitting in one of the chairs.

Hmm, what's the opposite of kudos (other than sod-uk of course)?

Double checking the title of this thread, I see I am not veering off course when I ask how many well-signed fire exits you found as you wondered about those parts?

It's not long ago that the staff locked everyone IN the theatre on the top floor. One of the more influential Consulates here made a formal complaint, but I've no idea if it worked.

The place was designed, and is owned, by an architect, but you could have fooled me.

Hate to be in there if it caught fire............!

The wife and I were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the offerings this year. We saw about six of them and loved them all except the Romanian one, but even it left a strong impression, so I guess it was effective. The day before it started we luckily saw a billboard about it while waiting at a traffic light; otherwise we never would have known about it. So thanks, KSG! I like the candied popcorn, too.