New Chevy Captiva

Today in Pattaya I saw 5 Ferrari's (BKK plates) driving together on Naklua road going to wards Dolphin roundabout properly going to beach road, small and low and bloody sexy.B)

Oh back to the Captiva, I read a test of it in BKK post one week ago or so, motor weak wait for diesel engine coming later this year, end quote.

Compared to the CR-V, it's a great buy IMHO - it's bigger, it has two extra seats, 10% better fuel effeciency (2.4L), an extra gear (6AT vs 5AT), and much better starting prices (1.17M for the base 2.4L vs 1.42M for the base model 2.4L CR-V).

The new minor change also runs on E85, so if you have pumps nearby that means a running cost of around ~2.6 Baht/KM vs ~3.8 Baht/KM for the 2.4L CR-V running on Gasohol 95.

PPV's are bigger, a little more expensive to run (if you have access to E85), but better when loaded or travelling at high speed - the Captiva is quieter, nicer interior and a little easier to navigate around town though.

It has it's applications :)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Compared to the CR-V, it's a great buy IMHO - it's bigger, it has two extra seats, 10% better fuel effeciency (2.4L), an extra gear (6AT vs 5AT), and much better starting prices (1.17M for the base 2.4L vs 1.42M for the base model 2.4L CR-V).

The new minor change also runs on E85, so if you have pumps nearby that means a running cost of around ~2.6 Baht/KM vs ~3.8 Baht/KM for the 2.4L CR-V running on Gasohol 95.

PPV's are bigger, a little more expensive to run (if you have access to E85), but better when loaded or travelling at high speed - the Captiva is quieter, nicer interior and a little easier to navigate around town though.

It has it's applications :)

used to have 2 CRV in 2003 and 2004. Highways I couldnt make 300km with its tiny 50liter tank.

10km/liter you need to stay below 90kmh and never push throttle. I cant :D

If you can stand your local Chev dealer/service center, Captiva would be better in several areas

IMO I would get the diesel when it gets here, and for the price it seems about the best there is at this time

The choice between a CRV and a Captiva would be a tough one...overall looks many would prefer the Captiva, transmission favors the Captiva, diesel option [if wanted] would favor the Captiva...but I would guess assembly quality, interior fit and finish, and interior materials would favor the CRV.

This opinion is based on my general knowledge of these makes and not direct experience of either model.

No contest in my mind.

Captiva handling, performance and after care servie is very very good.

We saw the new one in the local showroom a few weeks ago, would definatley buy another once the diesel version is here. I think the new model looks great :)