Can You Get Cilantro In Thailand?

I love cilantro - I can put it on anything and make it better. I have been to Thailand three times now, but I have not found cilantro. When I mention it to my Thai friends they give me a bland look. If I say "coriander" they seem to know what I am talking about, but I believe coriander and cilantro are not the same thing (at least not here in California) - cilantro has a bit more flavor for me.

For my next visit, is there a place I can buy cilantro in Bangkok or Chiang Mai?

Thanks.

Yes! Absolutely. You can find cilantro at most Thai food markets. It is often packed in with other common ingredients. Ask for Pak Chee. Cilantro is the leaf, coriander is the seed.

http://www.thaifoodandtravel.com/ingredients/cilantro.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coriander

To my taste, cilantro in Thailand is EXACTLY the same flavor as California cilantro.

I had the same problem, I didn't see it. It is hidden in plain sight. Jingthing is right it has the same flavor as what I am used to in California. Essential for homemade salsa. Now if I could find Jalapenos consistently.

I had the same problem, I didn't see it. It is hidden in plain sight. Jingthing is right it has the same flavor as what I am used to in California. Essential for homemade salsa. Now if I could find Jalapenos consistently.

I buy Japalenos at the Villa on a steady basis and can be found if you have an outlet for the Kings Project veggies as well! As for the cilantro, can get everywhere and Tesco has it always! I can say that the lapalenos I get here are hotter than the habeneros from bcak home in NC!!! Also the villa usually has the habeneros as well, both being stock on shelves as "mexican peppers".