Retirement Visa Extension

PETERTHEEATER

I was in the Hua Hin Police Station last week visiting the branch Immigration Office to make my 90 day report. While the officer was dealing with the papers, another lady officer started to tell me that they could also do retirement visa extensions. Before she could finish she was called away to join a visiting TV crew who were crowding the corridor outside (documentary?).

Anyway, the other officer would not be drawn in conversation. She seemed pisssed off about something so I did not press her.

Can anyone confirm that this branch office can issue retirement visa extensions direct, subject to correct documentation, or do they have to send the application to head office in BKK?

• 1 month later...
I was in the Hua Hin Police Station last week visiting the branch Immigration Office to make my 90 day report. While the officer was dealing with the papers, another lady officer started to tell me that they could also do retirement visa extensions. Before she could finish she was called away to join a visiting TV crew who were crowding the corridor outside (documentary?).

Anyway, the other officer would not be drawn in conversation. She seemed pisssed off about something so I did not press her.

Can anyone confirm that this branch office can issue retirement visa extensions direct, subject to correct documentation, or do they have to send the application to head office in BKK?

Ah! The sound of silence. So I assume that they cannot.

So, all the expat residents of HH journey to BKK for visa extensions?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes, Hua Hin handles Non Immigrant O-A visas, but make sure you take the "right" medical certificate, one which meets the Thai Immigration requirement for proof that you are not an alcoholic or drug addict and that you haven't got leprosy, TB, elaphantiasis, filariesis or syphillis. The certificate needs to be signed by a qualified doctor at a local hospital or private clinic and as up to date as you can make it.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, Hua Hin handles Non Immigrant O-A visas, but make sure you take the "right" medical certificate, one which meets the Thai Immigration requirement for proof that you are not an alcoholic or drug addict and that you haven't got leprosy, TB, elaphantiasis, filariesis or syphillis. The certificate needs to be signed by a qualified doctor at a local hospital or private clinic and as up to date as you can make it.

Good luck.

This is good news I thought they only did 90 day reports.

Just several months ago, it was a branch of the office further south (Panburi or Prachuapkhirikan), but now it's full time.

If they could convert my O visa to an O retirement visa, I suspect they can extend it in November. I think the officer said so. He was very helpful, reminding me about 90 day registration and getting a re-entry permit before I leave, all of which they can handle in Hua Hin.