Ps2 Issues

cooL_guY_corY

hey guys, bought a ps2 (chipped) in BKK from mbk, now in phuket.. The girl SUPER assured me that it played dvd movies and I thought it would too considering thats a out of the box retail function.. when i got home to Phuket, i found out it plays games fine, and doesnt play dvd movies at all. Now i know its no ones fault but mine for getting fooled by the Thai's, but i guess my hands are tied on this right? any sugggestions ideas?/info on this issue

thanks

c

guy try the following: Insert a DVD movie in NTSC format. Press "reset" till the PS2 shut down.

Lighting is red now.

Press "reset" and keep the button pressed for 4-5 sec, than release.

Does it start now??

If not try the same but instead of long holding doublepress the button (like doubleklick on the computer).

The cheap modchips need that.

h90 from www.psxtune.com Modchip store....

guy try the following: Insert a DVD movie in NTSC format. Press "reset" till the PS2 shut down.

Lighting is red now.

Does it start now??

If not try the same but instead of long holding doublepress the button (like doubleklick on the computer).

Yes this method seems to work for mine also.

When I brought my PS2 from a fellow English guy he informed me of this before I paid and said that was how all chipped PS2's run.

It's the first time I've had a console chipped because I prefer paying that little extra for non copied games because of the performance and such. Seems I have no choice over here though since all the best games are copies :o

I can't see how non-copied games play any better than copied ones....how does that work then????

I prefer non copies because the copied games I have brought over here seem to only last a couple of weeks. Also the quality isn't as good as non copies and certain parts of games are cut out in some copies :o

I like having official games anyday. I've built a collection of all the Resident Evil games and Silent Hill ones I'm very proud of :D

it is not how "all chipped PS2s run" it is how cheap chipped PS2 run.

Expensive chips autodetect the media and have extra menus to tune the PS2, if that is worth some extra money is another question.

For copied games you need to check that they are really DVD media and not DVD games on CD.

And yes they are often poor quality....

Lighting is red now.

Does it start now??

Yes this method seems to work for mine also.

When I brought my PS2 from a fellow English guy he informed me of this before I paid and said that was how all chipped PS2's run.

It's the first time I've had a console chipped because I prefer paying that little extra for non copied games because of the performance and such. Seems I have no choice over here though since all the best games are copies :o