Jump to content

Non Imm O Multiple (Kl)

Recommended Posts

Hope you visa and immigration guru's knowledge can help me out here. I thought I had it all straight in my head until I went to the Phuket Immigration office yesterday for something not connected, asked a question while I was there and got totally confused. The reason I got confused is that there are a couple of farang immigration guys to assist you with your enquires before you get to the main desks and I'm not sure they fully understood me.

Ok so here's the deal.

Got a nice new bog standard Non Imm O visa Multiple Entry (marriage dependent) from KL. I decided to get the multiple entry visa just in case my work calls me for a short out of country contract somewhere but probably in hindsight I should have only got the single entry but too late now.

I don't really want to be flying out of Thailand every 90 days to get another 90-day in country allowance if at all possible. This is where the farang immigration guy first confused me. He said that the Non-Imm O visa is not a marriage visa and that if I want to have a marriage visa then I need to convert the existing non-imm O visa in mypassport (never heard this before). I think it was because the visa in my passport was a sticker rather than a big red stamp. What I would like to do is to apply for an extension to stay when my current 90-day stamp is almost up. Is this possible on a Non-Imm O Multiple (marriage)?

If this is possible then when do I need to go to immigration to do the extension to stay, is it just prior to the 90-days being finished? This would then mean that I will have to dothe 90-day reporting which leads onto another question.

If I get a short work contract out outside of Thailand I would then need to get a re-entry permit. What happens if I will be out of the country for say longer than 90-days and would in effect miss the 90-day report date?

I hope I have included all the detail you will need to help me out here as yesterday threw me out of my rhythm.


Edited by robertsonmartin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. The visa you have is the only kind of visa issued for marriage - but you want an extension of stay and farang was obviously not on the same language tract and was agreeing that an extension of stay for Thai wife is what you want but not what you have. Extension of stay for one year for Thai Wife. You apply during last 30 days of any 90 day entry. He was wrong about converting - you just extend your current stay.

2. Yes you can do during last 30 days of any entry. 90 days after doing (submission of TM.7 you start making TM.47 address reports.

3. No 90 day report is required if outside country (only for stay of more than 90 days) so on return it will be day one of a new 90 day count.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, you can get extension of stay as long as you have income of 40.000 baht or 400.000 in bank.

90 day reporting is done when you have been in Thailand more than 90 days.

When re-entering Thailand a new 90 day period starts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2.18 In the case of a family

member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child

of his/her spouse):

Permission will be

granted for a period of

not more than 1 year at a time.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...