Park Lane Resort Jomtien

If you do a search in the Pattaya Forum, you'll find some threads on Park Lane, including comments from at least one poster who bought, and lived (past tense since he now lives up north and rents out the Park Lane unit) in a Park Lane condo unit.

Yes ,i own a unit in Park Lane .Have it rented out now but have stayed there myself for a few weeks .I now live up in Chiang Mai ,so i would sell the unit off for cost price ,if i got an offer .

I like Park Lane very much ,and would be living there myself if i was still in Jomtien .

Are you thinking of renting or buying ? In either case its best to go there yourself and have a look around .Its 800 meters up from Jomtien Beach road ,with free shuttle bus ,but it would be better if you had your own transport .

Any other questions you can PM me .

Hi

Thanks for the reply, yes might be considering buying there but obviously would have to stay for a while. The only thing that really bothers me is noise. We rent a nice condo in Bangkok and the reason we stayed so long is that it is a quite place with good neighbours, if the rooms in Park Lane were noisy that would be a downside for us. We have our own transport so that is no problem (provided park lane has parking).

Cheers

Yes ,i own a unit in Park Lane .Have it rented out now but have stayed there myself for a few weeks .I now live up in Chiang Mai ,so i would sell the unit off for cost price ,if i got an offer .

I like Park Lane very much ,and would be living there myself if i was still in Jomtien .

Are you thinking of renting or buying ? In either case its best to go there yourself and have a look around .Its 800 meters up from Jomtien Beach road ,with free shuttle bus ,but it would be better if you had your own transport .

Any other questions you can PM me .

^ I found it very quiet there .Many of the Condos are empty at any one time .Not that many are occupied full time .It has open air parking for cars and motorcycles .

It'll go someday Thaifan2, no need to try estate agent speak. "many of the condos are empty at any one time?" Wonder why?

Do you know why??? Any insider info welcome.

^ I found it very quiet there .Many of the Condos are empty at any one time .Not that many are occupied full time .It has open air parking for cars and motorcycles .

It'll go someday Thaifan2, no need to try estate agent speak. "many of the condos are empty at any one time?" Wonder why?

maybe because many of units were bought by speculators who thought they would sell it for more later. Also I would say many units are owned by people who make their holyday base in there or a second home.

maybe because many of units were bought by speculators who thought they would sell it for more later. Also I would say many units are owned by people who make their holyday base in there or a second home.

Also many owners live in Bangkok and just come down for long holiday weekends .

We spend less and less time in our rented Bangkok condo since our house was finished but still need a place closer to Bangkok airports for a few days either side om my going away for work. Sounds like a lot but the rent is still cheaper than a hotel would be. So we were thinking if we put out rent money into a condo at least we would have something to show for it. Also it would be a nice holiday type place for us for beach weekends.

^ >>although older<<

Yes ,about 18 years older .Some nice Condos there that have been renovated though with big balconies .

A bit nicer than Park lane, although a bit older.

At what stage will your condo become old? Must be getting that way now. Never mind

As the OP is looking for 'peace' Park Lane has development/s next door that will be ongoing for the next few years...Baan Suan Lalana is a well looked after development, clean pools, well tendered gardens, clean lifts and communal areas and maintenance costs are low but the managemnet company do a great job, also no construction in the immediate area..Prices are lower than Park Lane and you get a lot more......If your idea of a view from your miniscule balcony is looking at hundreds of 'for sale' or 'for rent' signs on neighbours units then Park Lane is a must see for the OP.

I've had a look at Park Lane recently for a 1 BR unit.

pluses:

- large swimming pool

- neat & clean-looking units

- all amenities

minuses:

- looks & feels "cramped", i.e. there is practically no space between the pool and the buildings, no place to lay down without feeling the whole buildings watching you

- small units

- a bit far from anything except sukhumvit road, motorcycle or car absolutely necessary

These minuses weighed heavily for me, so I passed on PL

Now this is why a forum is so usefull.

As the OP is looking for 'peace' Park Lane has development/s next door that will be ongoing for the next few years...Baan Suan Lalana is a well looked after development, clean pools, well tendered gardens, clean lifts and communal areas and maintenance costs are low but the managemnet company do a great job, also no construction in the immediate area..Prices are lower than Park Lane and you get a lot more......If your idea of a view from your miniscule balcony is looking at hundreds of 'for sale' or 'for rent' signs on neighbours units then Park Lane is a must see for the OP.

I have a place in Park Lane.

When I was condo shopping 2 years ago I looked at a few used units in Baan Suan Lalana also and although I liked the development on the outside and the big balcony, I did not like the use of space inside those units, however I would defiantly say this place is worth a look to make your own mind up.

I bought at Park Lane because I like the 1 separate bedroom layout, and most condo's I looked at in that price range were single room studios. Yes they are not massive but I am used to that having lived in a flat in London not much bigger most of my adult life.

I agree about some of the units in Park Lane on the inside of the building seem a bit close to the adjacent unit, which is why I bought on the outside in a corner unit.

Stayed in it a few weeks when I first got the keys while sorting out the charnote etc and loved it. It have been rented out ever since and can't wait until I can leave London and live in it full time (eta 2 years).

cheers

^ Yes the big plus of Park Lane is in having a separate bedroom ,which you will not get in BSL.

My unit in PL also looks out to the road and so has great privacy .PK has a fully fitted Western style kitchen also which many units in BSL do not have .PL has also one of the biggest and best pools in the whole Pattaya /Jomtien area .I could go on and on about the great things about PL ,but i would then start to sound like an estate agent ;-) :jap:

PS,

The building work mentioned next door is not next door but about 100 meters away .From my unit you can not hear it ( building 2 ) .

Edited by Thaifan2

^ >>although older<<

Yes ,about 18 years older .Some nice Condos there that have been renovated though with big balconies .

A bit nicer than Park lane, although a bit older.

At what stage will your condo become old? Must be getting that way now. Never mind

They are not as nice as Park Lane by a long shot but i do like the big balconies there .As a side note Iguna the Israeli Company who built Park Lane started off in Pattaya /Jomtien by buying and refurbishing 100 units in BSL .

They refurbished to a very high standard and the prices of any of their units there will reflect that . :jap: