Company Stamp

galowgala

I have lost my company stamp, my Lawyer tells me i need a police report and it will cost 7000 baht, seems like the normal rip off to me , but a friend of mine told me i can get 1 made for 39 baht in Bangkok Secon Square, where are they made in Pattaya so i can go direct and have 1 made there, i dont fancy going to Bangkok.

AFAIK A company stamp is nearly the same as a signature. Each stamp leaves a slightly different impression.

Because of this, I don't think just having a new stamp made would suffice. I'm fairly sure a police report would need to be made (no charge). The stamp would have to be registered in Chonburi (not sure of the price), in which documents would need to be submitted in Thai. The documents probably would have to be notarized (not sure of the price), to certify them as you don't have the registered company stamp to certify them.

7000 baht seems kind of steep. My guess would be 2000 baht to 3000 baht. I suspect it's more than the 1000 baht to1500 baht fee to update company papers because of the notarizations. I think would check around at some business offices (the ones that do company registrations, balance sheets, etc..) to see what the going rate is. After all, a lawyer usually doesn't actually do this. But a registered notary would have to notarize the documents submitted to Chonburi.

A stamp is a stamp, just go to any stamp shop with an imprint of the old stamp and they'll make you a new one.

i agree with Phil

my experience confirms it

the house/company i bought it for has changed hands twice since

clearly the land office did not notice it was a copy

but then in the fatherland of copies, who would expect them to...............?

Perhaps your lawyer is quoting 7,000 baht to change your company stamp (i.e.- make a new and different looking stamp, register the new stamp, and notify any relevant agencies).

Depending on what type of company you own, this might be good advice. Your 'lost' (or stolen) stamp could possibly be misused by whoever finds it.

A stamp is a stamp, just go to any stamp shop with an imprint of the old stamp and they'll make you a new one.

i agree with Phil

my experience confirms it

the house/company i bought it for has changed hands twice since

clearly the land office did not notice it was a copy

but then in the fatherland of copies, who would expect them to...............?

I concur....go to the next stamp shop (there are several around in Pattaya) with an imprint of your stamp and they will make you as many copies as you are able and willing to pay for.

7,000 Baht is a clear rip-off and you should think about changing your lawyer.

Actually, not quite correct.

Your company stamps are registered when they are created for your company - usually 2 sets.

If you lose a stamp you need to get a police report and get a new one issued correctly.

In theory, you could get a quick copy made for 50 baht and use it an no one will ever know.

But if you do a business transaction with that new stamp and it is slightly different from the original, then the documents you are stamping can become fraudulent documents - which in the case of selling an asset or submitting legal documents "could" become an issue. I have seen this happen, mostly in business partnership disputes where one party had "real" stamps and the other party made "copy" stamps that had one small error. All the court documents submitted by the "copy" stamp were deemed fraudulent.

In short, look after those stamps...they are a lot more than a blob of rubber on a stick. They are legally registered with the Government and taken seriously.

Your company stamps are registered when they are created for your company - usually 2 sets.

If you lose a stamp you need to get a police report and get a new one issued correctly.

In theory, you could get a quick copy made for 50 baht and use it an no one will ever know.

But if you do a business transaction with that new stamp and it is slightly different from the original, then the documents you are stamping can become fraudulent documents - which in the case of selling an asset or submitting legal documents "could" become an issue. I have seen this happen, mostly in business partnership disputes where one party had "real" stamps and the other party made "copy" stamps that had one small error. All the court documents submitted by the "copy" stamp were deemed fraudulent.

In short, look after those stamps...they are a lot more than a blob of rubber on a stick. They are legally registered with the Government and taken seriously.

TIT mate. Yes it's a good idea to make a police report in case someone uses your original stamp but then after you make the report simply do as Phil suggested and get a new one made. Where you are getting these ideas of the registered stamps all have hidden ways of giving them a "signature" I have no idea. Maybe you have been watching the Universal channel (Law & Order" to much or something but when you originally register your business through your lawyer where do you think THEY get the stamps from?

No there are no stamp police in Thailand and I would LOVE to see proof of the story you tell where you have seen different disputes like this? You mention the word "mostly," how many have you seen? haha several? I don't think so.

I don't think the OP is an official or a Government representative where his stamps can be used for Visas, work permits etc, just a normal faring company stamp so I suggest you do as said, go get a new one at any stamp store.

PS: are you saying that if your dog takes a bite out of your original stamp or someones high heels take a chunk out that you would make a police report, pay a lawyer 7000 baht and get a new one "legally" made? Trust me mate, stamps wear out, get lost, get nicked etc so your idea of a small error in a stamp in a law case not being the same is just outrageous here in LOS

Edited by DocW

TIT mate. Yes it's a good idea to make a police report in case someone uses your original stamp but then after you make the report simply do as Phil suggested and get a new one made. Where you are getting these ideas of the registered stamps all have hidden ways of giving them a "signature" I have no idea. Maybe you have been watching the Universal channel (Law & Order" to much or something but when you originally register your business through your lawyer where do you think THEY get the stamps from?

No there are no stamp police in Thailand and I would LOVE to see proof of the story you tell where you have seen different disputes like this? You mention the word "mostly," how many have you seen? haha several? I don't think so.

I don't think the OP is an official or a Government representative where his stamps can be used for Visas, work permits etc, just a normal faring company stamp so I suggest you do as said, go get a new one at any stamp store.

PS: are you saying that if your dog takes a bite out of your original stamp or someones high heels take a chunk out that you would make a police report, pay a lawyer 7000 baht and get a new one "legally" made? Trust me mate, stamps wear out, get lost, get nicked etc so your idea of a small error in a stamp in a law case not being the same is just outrageous here in LOS

Actually I won't "trust you mate".

You are confusing the stamp you had made for your tinpot Thai company to substantiate your work permit with that of a large Thai company with real Directors, shareholders, creditors and assets, where company stamps are registered for a reason.

Somehow, from your post, I doubt you will ever have to worry about this. "Somchais Rubber Stamps and Visa Runs" will sort you out.

Carry on.

Actually I won't "trust you mate".

You are confusing the stamp you had made for your tinpot Thai company to substantiate your work permit with that of a large Thai company with real Directors, shareholders, creditors and assets, where company stamps are registered for a reason.

Somehow, from your post, I doubt you will ever have to worry about this. "Somchais Rubber Stamps and Visa Runs" will sort you out.

Carry on.

By the way ' im not your mate thank god and i dont trust you', what a tard you are, wrong about my company status and wrong about visa runs, thank you to everyone else who has been so helpful, but you always get 1 presumptuous tard to comment in Pattaya whos full of BS

Edited by galowgala