Restaurant Tip Ubon

chris26be

Last night the wife and I went to a Thai restaurant in Ubon: a place where you barbecue everything yourself at your table. The difference with most of these kinds of restaurants is that this one has a large buffet. So you go and get everything yourself.

You only pay 159 Baht per person.

No English signs on the illuminated billboard, but you will recognize it once you're there. It has '159' on the billboard, as well as the number 4, the time the restaurants open in the afternoon.

You will find this restaurant on Chaeng Sanit Road. Coming from the roundabout the restaurant is on the left hand side, next to Home Mart.

Kind regards

Chris

I think these are Korean. My girlfriends daughter likes to go to one in Mahasarakham. I must admit it's all a bit like hard work for me but anything for an easy life. Can't remember the price but if I think of it I'll ask the gf. I think the name is N&N or N&N2. As far as I remember some of the local farang residents on TV have used it to meet up. It's pretty big and been very busy when I've been there.

This is directly over the road from SPAGOS restaurant, where they specialize in Italian cuisine. All the pizzas, pasta, anti-pasta, main dishes and broccoli are of exceptional quality.

The affable Italian owner and staff are always courteous and helpful.

Chris, it is called Ah Ee; we have been there many times over the years, as it is ideal for kids, who can wander backwards and forwards selecting there own choices, and they have a play area too.

Our relatives, Thai and expat, always enjoy it when visiting us in Ubon, as farangs enjoy filling their boots as much as Thais! Incidentally, there are usually an expat or three there whenever we go.

Elwood

I love the way many Thais say they don't like foreign food and that they only eat Thai food yet to a man (and lady) they will lap up BBQ, which is clearly a million miles away from Thai in style.

The one on the intersection one block north of Ubon Rak Hospital is also a good one of its type in terms of price and choice.

I love the way many Thais say they don't like foreign food and that they only eat Thai food yet to a man (and lady) they will lap up BBQ, which is clearly a million miles away from Thai in style.

The one on the intersection one block north of Ubon Rak Hospital is also a good one of its type in terms of price and choice.

Also buffet style?

Also buffet style?

Sorry - yes - also buffet, all you can eat, and probably around the 150 mark 18 months ago when my wife was producing in Ubonrak hospital. It is still open - I went past on Saturday (we Ubon hashers fetched up at Smile - more expensive (dishes 80 - 120 baht), way more trendy and a la carte but highly recommended.

I like the one across the road from Robinsons and along a bit . It does a very tasty BBQ with a selection of beef cuts , pork or sea food .It was a bit pricy at about 1500 bhat for two adults and one child but then again you can pay that at that M place at Tesco . The food was magic and the asashi beer was nearly cold but needed a bit of ice . They serve a choice of kimchi , salads and fried dumplings .

Yummy .

Our favorite one in Ubon (actually Warin) is Saen Sabai. Cross the main bridge from Ubon to Warin and you'll find it on your right after Do Home. You have to go up to the u-turn by the train station and come back to it if you're coming from the Ubon side. It's 89b all you can eat and it's always fresh food. It's a large place and pretty popular. Best "Korean BBQ" I've been to in Thailand.

89 baht? Now that is a bargain. Some places charge extra for the seafood counter - does that apply at Saen Sabai ubonrthai? I like my goong and plahmuk on the hot porkupine (these places are not BBQ as I understand it, whatever the locals call it :rolleyes:).