What No Checked Baggage Charge!

DowntownAl

For those of you who travel from Canada, Toronto, Vancouver etc. heading to Chiang Mai, check out Korean Air. They stopover in Seoul and then fly direct to CNX - no stopover in Bangkok. It costs about the same when you consider flying from BKK to CNX and they still check 2 bags (23 kilos each), allow a carry on and a personal (laptop) bag at no extra charge. See some of you in early September.

Edited by DowntownAl

I flew Korean R/T from San Francisco last year and they were fine. The stopover in Seoul is a LONG one, though. I think mine was 14 hours?

Luckily, the Seoul airport is amazing. FREE computer lounge with computers to use and FREE wifi/internet. FREE showers (and they are NICE - 5-star-hotel quality) to use. FREE loungers that are quite nice to nap in. FREE museums and musical shows and FREE arts and crafts. It's my favorite airport - I won't lie!

we booked CNX to LAX and back in october, with Korean and by going from Seoul to Tokyo, you stay moving and actually avoid the long layover and get into LAX about 2 hrs before the flight that lays over in Seoul for like 9 hours... no change of planes in Tokyo, so i opted for that route... clever travel agent sold me on the idea and tix were 33K and change each.

we booked CNX to LAX and back in october, with Korean and by going from Seoul to Tokyo, you stay moving and actually avoid the long layover and get into LAX about 2 hrs before the flight that lays over in Seoul for like 9 hours... no change of planes in Tokyo, so i opted for that route... clever travel agent sold me on the idea and tix were 33K and change each.

Sounds good, who was the travel agent?

I flew Korean R/T from San Francisco last year and they were fine. The stopover in Seoul is a LONG one, though. I think mine was 14 hours?

Luckily, the Seoul airport is amazing. FREE computer lounge with computers to use and FREE wifi/internet. FREE showers (and they are NICE - 5-star-hotel quality) to use. FREE loungers that are quite nice to nap in. FREE museums and musical shows and FREE arts and crafts. It's my favorite airport - I won't lie!

Wouldn't it be nice is SB had all that.

Instead we have worst of all worlds- a new airport that is badly designed, too big ( need more, smaller terminals ) and way too expensive. So much for the airport "hub" of SEA!