Third Tourist Visa? Can Or Cannot?

My wife's first 3 month visa was from Feb to April this year.

She went back to Thailand end of April. 1 Month later we applied for another tourist visa and a spouse visa.

A 3 month tourist was granted and she is in Australia now and returns to Thailnad on August 28.

She has a case officer and no further documents are required by the CO. Medical is done.

Can we apply for another tourist visa in possibly October about 1 month after she returns to Thailand.

Has anyone done anything similar to this.?

If so what was the outcome?

she is in Australia now

I assume this means that you are asking about Australia, so have amended your topic title to show this.

If you are not asking about Australia, please say which country you are asking about and i will amend the title again.

My wife just got her third tourist visa for Ausralia back in May (although we haven't utilised it yet). When she got her second they told her she wouldn't get another one. In the meantime I moved to Thailand, signed a 14 month lease and we tried again 6 months later. Issued without any questions. It actually came back quicker than the previous two apps. We are lodging our spouse visa tomorrow.

From what I've heard, they will only issue a 3 month single entry visa in the case you describe.

Be warned, your partner must still meet all requirements of being a visitor (ie reason to return) and they must be out of the country in order to obtain the sub-class 309 visa.

Here is a link that discusses this question, exactly: http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/questions-answers.htm#f

My experience was the same in that after getting two tourist visas they would not process a third one and pushed us to getting the ( then) partner visa, now spouse I think.

It is a better visa to have of course & leads to PR & ultimately opens up citizenship if she interested but it costs more, requires more & creates more angst.

It is a better visa to have of course & leads to PR & ultimately opens up citizenship if she interested but it costs more, requires more & creates more angst.

I couldn't agree more!!! It IS a better visa (as stated) it leads to PR but also allows her to work, go to school and even claim Medicare! But I love the final three comments:

it costs more, requires more & creates more angst.

That is soooo true!

Edit: I can see that you said you've already put her spouse visa in.. That's great, in my opinion, it is worth it and saves hassles down the track

Edited by Madivad