Suicide In Thailand

MrsMills

it's understandable why a lot of folks might not want to admit to themselves that they are on similar 'no way out' life paths: increasing expenses, diminishing income and assets, bridges long since burnt... Believing that a particular case must have been murder at least provides a glimmer of hope that there will be a way out... 'the deceased was going to find a way, but his life was simply cut short before he was about to make it.'

:)

Well said. smile.gif

I don`t agree that suicide is an easy way out for cowards, as it must take a lot of guts to kill one`s self.

Yeah, it's a common 'defense mechanism' to label others as cowards. Kamikaze pilots, terrorists, rival school kids having 100 person knife and machete fights, etc. have all been labelled as cowards, but how many of us would even do anything as dangerous as working with certain power tools without work gloves and eye guards?

:)

Edited by Heng

I don`t agree that suicide is an easy way out for cowards, as it must take a lot of guts to kill one`s self.

Nature imposes that every living thing must survive, even an insect will struggle to hang on to it`s life.

Many people may suffer from depression, financial ruin, a broken romance or grieve over a loved one and then they can sometimes be left to deal with a situation entirely on they're own. Feeling isolated with no one to turn to, these people may see no hope ahead and no way out for them. Then when the emotional trauma becomes too great, they suddenly decide to kill themselves.

i know because I`ve had first hand experience of this while working for the Samaritans in New york for a number of years.

The fact is that in this world, no one cares about us enough to put resources into people when they hit rock bottom.

The attitude is; a friend in desperate need is to be avoided. I once had a so called friend who`s philosophy was; pity is a sign of weakness. And unfortunately many share those same beliefs.

It`s easy to classify these people as losers or just more skint farangs, but all I can add to this is; just hope that none of us ever reach a point of rock bottom, because if it does, no one will truly care.

Sad but true.

Very well said. I'd add that baring in mind some of the topics that get swiftly closed the fact that this one is still open is mind boggling.

I am also pro euthanasia so i don't want to live as a vegetable.

Yea Rob, it would be terrible, sitting in front of a PC all day tapping out hundreds of meaningless posts whilst life is passing you by in the real world.... Hey, Wait a minute !!! :)

And, you know that he's an able bodied person, able to do more than sit behind a computer all day. Hmmmm, are you psychic?

I am also pro euthanasia so i don't want to live as a vegetable.

Yea Rob, it would be terrible, sitting in front of a PC all day tapping out hundreds of meaningless posts whilst life is passing you by in the real world.... Hey, Wait a minute !!! :)

And, you know that he's an able bodied person, able to do more than sit behind a computer all day. Hmmmm, are you psychic?

He knows.. just loves to joke. I work behind a computer with an internet connection. So its normal for me to be on Thaivisa a lot.