Travel Warning For Uk

Samui Coconut

My wifes nephew is travelingto Britain today and his mother rang up worried about the rioting ,i just told her that not a lot of tourists stay in Brixton or Dalston :D and there wont be a lot of rioting in Banbury where he is going to stay with his aunty. B)

and there wont be a lot of rioting in Banbury where he is going to stay with his aunty. B)

I wouldn't be so sure, my nephew lives not far from Banbury and he has just posted, on his Facebook page, that thugs have just looted a vending machine and made off with a couple of bars of chocolate.

My wifes nephew is travelingto Britain today and his mother rang up worried about the rioting ,i just told her that not a lot of tourists stay in Brixton or Dalston :D and there wont be a lot of rioting in Banbury where he is going to stay with his aunty. B)

No rioting it Banbury. Sure? The last was in 1988: http://www.sirc.org/publik/ddbook5a.html and it could easily happen again.

Good thread and good question.

The present riots in Britain make the Bangkok riots seem like a children’s pillow fight in comparison.

All this proves that Britain’s youths are out of control, which has been worsening over the last 25 years.

I am hoping that events will escalate so that the British government will have to admit it has a problem and that they’re soft policies on immigration, crime, law and order, are not working.

This maybe the turning point where the true Brits say; we have had enough and decide to actually take real action against these yobs, making Britain a decent country to live again.

No rioting it Banbury. Sure? The last was in 1988: http://www.sirc.org/publik/ddbook5a.html and it could easily happen again.

I moved to Banbury in 1988, and can still remember the Saturday night presence of a couple of police horses that lasted for a while after the alleged drinking problems. A couple of the female police riders were really nice. In those days the pubs were surprisingly lively for a small town at weekends.

Good thread and good question.

The present riots in Britain make the Bangkok riots seem like a children’s pillow fight in comparison.

All this proves that Britain’s youths are out of control, which has been worsening over the last 25 years.

I am hoping that events will escalate so that the British government will have to admit it has a problem and that they’re soft policies on immigration, crime, law and order, are not working.

This maybe the turning point where the true Brits say; we have had enough and decide to actually take real action against these yobs, making Britain a decent country to live again.

Most of these problems came around cause the UK got soft, a parent can not hit it's child for doing something without having social services on their backs within hours. When I was a kid, my old man slapped me across the head and I learned not to do it again. Kids know they can do anything and not have to face the consequences of their actions, and the old boot camp ideas never worked either, bring back Conscription.

Issue a warning,for what… This is the UK most Fri and Sat nights. All that's happened now is this has been rolled out to 24/7. This have happened because the hooligans have complained about their human rights, and the fact that they can't always complete their muggings and violence in such a short time frame, (Fri and Sat night)

UK Gov has no problem with this; obviously 9/11 didn't quite give them all the power they hoped for under the guise of security. The hooligans who are committing the violence have no excuse, but the UK Gov should be standing in the dock when there cases go too trial for allowing all this to happen thought there years of negligent and liberal policies.

Edited by Tonto21

and there wont be a lot of rioting in Banbury where he is going to stay with his aunty. B)

I wouldn't be so sure, my nephew lives not far from Banbury and he has just posted, on his Facebook page, that thugs have just looted a vending machine and made off with a couple of bars of chocolate.

:lol:

Did anyone see some travel warnings for UK?

They are usually the first to issue one for Thailand when there is some turmoil in the streets.

Just wondering.....

No, they're not the first, Australia normally is. And with you I'm waiting for their travel warning.

My goodness, a couple of bars of chocolate, I think we need a curfew and martial law!. Barricade your homes, they will be after your chocolate!

• 4 weeks later...

I saw a warning at the airport the last time I came through...........

" Beware of Smart Ass Ex Pats "

The small print was " Easily spotted, smug till things go wrong, then fly home at the first sign of trouble and claim their rights have been infringed as they paid their tax in 1988 "

It could be you :whistling: