Using Thai Dl In Uk

QED

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I thought the regulars on here would know better than most.

I am planning a trip back to the UK next month, unfortunately I had my wallet stolen a few weeks ago and lost my UK driving license. I got a replacement Thai DL easily, but the UK will not issue one to non-residents.

Does anyone know if I can rent a car using my Thai DL? I will only be there 2-3 weeks.

Thanks.

Is just a Thai DL needed or some translation? My Thai DL has my address on in Thai language.

Is any proof of address needed also? When I was Heathrow last yr renting from Thrifty they were asking everyone for proof of address such as utility bills? Not sure if that only applies to UK DL renters tho?

They also told me to rent off a .co.uk web site for better deals than a .com web site.

Is just a Thai DL needed or some translation? My Thai DL has my address on in Thai language.

Is any proof of address needed also? When I was Heathrow last yr renting from Thrifty they were asking everyone for proof of address such as utility bills? Not sure if that only applies to UK DL renters tho?

They also told me to rent off a .co.uk web site for better deals than a .com web site.

I used Alamo and they asked where I was staying, nothing else.

The site above is really good at comparing prices

I use a Thai Driving Licence with AVIS at Heathrow, no problem, they are more interested in the Credit Card being registered to a UK address......

Used my wife's credit card from Kasikorn. The rental places are not bothered where the card is from as long as it is valid, and the person can prove that the card is theirs by showing some sort of Identity.