Urgent Help Needed

KeesHolland

Dear all,

I would appreciate if someone could help me investigating following issue as I live in Holland:

About 5 years ago I bought a house with my ex girlfriend in Sivalay3 104/36, Moo 12 CM50130 all protective paperwork done by lawyer.

Since 1 month the bank is not deducting money for the loan from my account anymore.

The bank is not answering my emails neither the park owner.

I am wondering what happend with the house.

If somebody could send me some pictures of the house and preferably with people on it living in the house it would be a great help and maybe could clearify the issue.

Thanks in advance,

Kees van Keulen

post-52568-0-79694100-1312973311_thumb.j

Edited by sbk
email removed

Sorry no.

You could be a contract killer for all I know?

Banks rarely reply to emails regarding personal loans or bank accounts. Usually this is done by telephone banking or personal letter. I would have thought writing to your bank would have been your first line of inquiry.

I am surprised that Thai visa let you publish a private address, as that could belong to anyone.

This is nothing personal against you, but as we know, the world is a dangerous place these days.

Edited by Beetlejuice

You bought this house 5 years ago as you know that foreigner can not be owner of the land and also 5 years ago I think foreigner still can not apply the loan from the bank (I am not sure), it is mean this house not belong to you but you ex girl friend. May I ask you do you apply the loan in your name or your ex girl friend name?

This is maybe useful information, try to search in Thai (just copy and paste in google search tool) : (number of your house) ศิวาลัย3 เชียงใหม่ then you will find on the first page in google but all information is in Thai.

Good luck.

For such amount in question I would immediatly fly to CNX and clarify the situation. At the moment by KLM the flight are very cheap, I have seen less then 1000 Euro ..... and the Thai Bath at good exchange. Hard to find a good lawyer or trustful person in Lieland if you don't meet them personally B)

From the OP:

...About 5 years ago I bought a house with my ex girlfriend in Sivalay3 104/36, Moo 12 CM50130 all protective paperwork done by lawyer...

What rights did that protective paperwork give you? Perhaps you need a second lawyer to look at it and advise you how to proceed to protect your rights. Do you have a copy of the paperwork on your computer, to send to a lawyer for review?

If you've got a mortgage on it, I can't see what 'protection' the lawyer came up with. Usufructs and leases are only attainable on full (Thai) ownership are they not? If ex's name is on the chanote and she's found a buyer, there's not much you could do. What is the lawyer saying?

Since 1 month the bank is not deducting money for the loan from my account anymore.

The bank is not answering my emails neither the park owner.

It looks like the house has already been sold.

The house can be sold, but a usufruct still would give him protected access. My information via a U.S. lawyer researching this a Thai lawyer and within the Thai legal system says that even if the usufruct was not registered on the chanot it is still valid.

All registering the usufruct does is alert prospective buyers they will have to accept a "tenant" for the term of the the usufruct.

If the house was sold and the money paid to the bank, then Kees may have saved money without losing anything......if he wants to come back and pursue it as challenger99 suggested.

What will happen if the new owners are living there and Kees tries to enforces his rights might be more fun than any one person has the right to enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Useless topic because the OP is very vague. We know absolutely nothing about his situation. All replies are based on guesses what it may perhaps be.

And no response from the OP at all.

Has he read between the lines and done away with himself? :ph34r:

Useless topic because the OP is very vague. We know absolutely nothing about his situation. All replies are based on guesses what it may perhaps be.

It was a clear request IMHO: He's away from Thailand and doesn't know what's going on with his house. (Or rather: the house he's been paying for.)

Then, the community very helpfully found the exact house up for sale. With you yourself adding that it was sold. This answered the direct question posed in the OP.

This is one for the '1 + 1 = ? ' category, with the result being zero as he's out of a house, and a wife.

Case of TIT. Or rather: DAFT. (Dese Are Farangs in Thailand) ;)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

And what does he actually mean by 'protective papers'?

Did the documents say that he would get XX% if the house was sold, etc?

• 2 weeks later...

It strongly depends on what that protective paperwork is..

A fully registered legal lease or usufruct would be fairly strong.. Cross loans and other contractual agreements far weaker.

Would be good if the OP could clarify a bit.

For sure a good strong lawyer will be needed if you intend to defend this.

Well maybe.. However I know farangs who have bought things, and later found that they were going to legally lose them because of bad paperwork. Tho if he can make that work who knows.

Also as it had a mortgage, its probably not the whole value hes out.

Really tho when people start threads, they could at least update them to payback the input they receive.