Thaksin Tells Pheu Thai Ministers To Resign Party-List Mps

webfact

adder #30

So what you are saying is that nowhere in the world is the PM , President,or political parties infulanced by outside sorces . That is not a very well informed statement is it . Lets remember baby Bush was a puppet of daddy bush .

Bush was, is from the colonies, he hardly comes into the current equation considering the mucking fuddle that seems to be prevailing in the colonies it proves puppetry is not an effective measure.

Having lived here for some twenty years I have seen some great strokes pulled but the current Brother no.1 and his manipulation of his sister and the serfs he has in the P.T.P. is indeed amazing.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please be a bit more honest, 'won every election' sounds ice but the reality is that they bought/ massively manipulated every election.

It is quite strange that this largely ill-informed excuse has not been rolled out for the Democrats failure in this election. (except perhaps by you?)

The previous election was conducted under the extremely harsh hand of the Junta. Can you recall just how many provinces were kept under martial law for that election??

In that 2007 election even The Nation noted "Vote buying and money are always Democrat excuses. This time those excuses are no good."

(http://www.nationmul...cs_30059297.php)

But of course you know better. Possibly it may be better for you to leave reference to honesty out of your posts!

Edited by tig28

If only the Iron Fist would come down on the foreign guests of Thailand that persist in their petty attacks on the duly elected government that has not even had an opportunity to govern.:angry:

Sorry to disappoint the criminal fugitive despotic leader from afar's cheerleaders and their sadomasochistic fantasies.

:lol:

Edited by Buchholz

If only the Iron Fist would come down on the foreign guests of Thailand that persist in their petty attacks on the duly elected government that has not even had an opportunity to govern.:angry:

One of the more sillier posts amongst a multitude that you have conjured up. Google for Edmund Burke and take onboard what you read. Burke was the driving force behind the impeachment of Warren Hastings. Thailand needs it's own Burke at this time - and all it has got is mindless berks.

The article seems badly writen. What happens if a party list MP dies, resigns or is removed is that the next MP on the original list of the party takes that persons place. It is one in and one out. PTP will not increase its number of MPs. That will remain the same. Where it will benefit is at votes where ministers cannot cast a vote meaning that PTP will retain its overall majority without relying on coalition allies which is where they worry an acident can come from.

Another aspect is if a party is disolved then a party can no longer add from the party list as whatever new party they move into is an entity that has no party list vote in the election. From this anglke the decision is sensible polticis too.

PTP are not increasing their numbers, but they are preparing in advance for any incident simlar to previous ones that seem to suddenly fall on them when in power. If they are disolved they will move to a new party and still have an overall majority

If a constituency MP resigns a by-election is needed

Chalerm not exactly being Mr popular and having powerful enemies within PTP clearly does not want to relinquish his MP status as he fears losing the ministership and then not even being an MP. I can think of at least one PTP powerbroker who would revel in this happening

The article seems badly writen. What happens if a party list MP dies, resigns or is removed is that the next MP on the original list of the party takes that persons place. It is one in and one out. PTP will not increase its number of MPs. That will remain the same. Where it will benefit is at votes where ministers cannot cast a vote meaning that PTP will retain its overall majority without relying on coalition allies which is where they worry an acident can come from.

Another aspect is if a party is disolved then a party can no longer add from the party list as whatever new party they move into is an entity that has no party list vote in the election. From this anglke the decision is sensible polticis too.

PTP are not increasing their numbers, but they are preparing in advance for any incident simlar to previous ones that seem to suddenly fall on them when in power. If they are disolved they will move to a new party and still have an overall majority

If a constituency MP resigns a by-election is needed

Chalerm not exactly being Mr popular and having powerful enemies within PTP clearly does not want to relinquish his MP status as he fears losing the ministership and then not even being an MP. I can think of at least one PTP powerbroker who would revel in this happening

".............any incident simlar to previous ones that seem to suddenly fall on them when in power."

The incidents don't "fall on them", they get caught breaking long-established rules - like paying bribes, and involving persons under ban. The fact that they are so flagrantly breaking them this election would have to be by design, don't you think?

I really don't know about "walk on water" -- But I look at 'these guys" as the political party that has won every election this century.

The result of the most recent election has at least removed the unelected usurpers from office.

The fact that you somehow think your "wisdom" outweighs the wishes of the Thai electorate, says all we need to know about you.

So you still don't understand how coalition governments work?

As strange comments go this is is an absolute winner!! Why on earth would anyone bother with such a weird response. As it turns out I do have a pretty fair understanding of coalition governments....... but .......

So do the Thai people -- I believe that apart from the current political party (on 2 occasions) that only one other Thai Government was ever formed in Thailand without need of a coalition.

'These guys" are the political party that has won every election this century.

What part of winning elections do you have difficulty comprehending?

You seem to have problem understanding that what you write just isn't true.

You are the kind of guy that would argue that in an election with 3 guys, one purple and two yellows that are twin brothers, with the purple getting 40% of the votes and the brothers getting 30% each, that the purple won - ignoring that the brothers would be the more likely coalition-government, since the 'winner' is not who gets the most votes - it is [all] parties that manage to get over 50% of the votes, alone or as they join together to form a coalition. And if the coalition fall apart then we have new 'winners'..aka government.

Maybe it is just the whole 'winner'-talk, people with simplistic minds have to have winner and losers to understand a result of an election...us that is from nations where coalition-governments or even minority governments is the usual way don't really have this problem.

And make no mistake, this move is to make sure they have more MPs on the floor to survive a no-confidence-motion incase even their allies start to vote with the opposition.

It is called 'trying to minimize the power of the built in checks and balances' - so the paymaster can control the events without having to consider other peoples opinions too much.

K. Thaksin tells PT ministers to resign? No, not at all, just pure speculation. It's a simple PT resolution! It seems some people don't know what they are saying. Pheu Thai seems to continue it's history of 'knowledgable' people contradicting each other ;)

"Pheu Thai spokesman Prompong Nopparit dismissed speculation that former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra had instructed against the concurrent holding of ministerial portfolios and party-list seats.

He said there was no truth to allegations of Thaksin's involvement.

He did not explain how and why his statement seemed to contradict remarks by PM's Office Minister Surawit Khonsomboon.

On Thursday, Surawit said Thaksin had ordered ministers who are concurrently party-list MPs to resign their legislative positions."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2011/08/13/national/Pheu-Thai-likely-to-tell-its-ministers-to-quit-as--30162678.html

Doesn't appear to be breaking any laws........nothing anybody can do about it....legally.........government consolidating it's position

Make all the noise you wish.....you can't change it.....your noise, your time, your wasted effort.....

Doesn't appear to be breaking any laws........nothing anybody can do about it....legally.........government consolidating it's position

Make all the noise you wish.....you can't change it.....your noise, your time, your wasted effort.....

This post is a bit ... cryptic. Assuming 'doesn't appear to break laws' is referring to the OP "Thaksin tells ...." it's still amazing to have 'Thaksin', 'legal' and 'government' in a single sentence. K. Thaksin, a fugitive criminal and the legal Thai government put in a single sentence. If I were Thai I would be offended.

Being a foreigner I can make all the noise I want ... I can't change a bloody thing ... and I'm still having fun ... wasting my time .... like other members here :D

UPDATE

Pheu Thai likely to tell its ministers to quit as MPs

By The Nation

The Pheu Thai Party has an outstanding resolution for Cabinet members to resign their legislative positions as party-list MPs to pave the way for runner-up candidates to fill their seats, Deputy Transport Minister Chatt Kuldiloke said yesterday.

"Ministers should devote their attention to their jobs in the government, hence they won't be in a position to handle legislative duties properly at the same time," he said.

Chatt said he believed in the principle that Cabinet members should quit their party-list seats. He expects his party's executive board to convene soon and issue a diktat on how and when ministers should vacate their House seats.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said her party was in the process of checking how many Cabinet members would have to resign from party-list seats.

Pheu Thai spokesman Prompong Nopparit dismissed speculation that former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra had instructed against the concurrent holding of ministerial portfolios and party-list seats.

He said there was no truth to allegations of Thaksin's involvement.

He did not explain how and why his statement seemed to contradict remarks by PM's Office Minister Surawit Khonsomboon.

On Thursday, Surawit said Thaksin had ordered ministers who are concurrently party-list MPs to resign their legislative positions.

Surawit said an exception would be granted to certain Cabinet members for strategic reasons, referring to Yingluck and Deputy Prime Minister Yongyuth Wichaidit.

Under the Constitution, the prime minister must be an MP. Yongyuth is expected to retain his House seat as a precaution in case of any "political accident" to Yingluck.

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung refused to comment on the issue, saying his ruling party's executive board should meet and set guidelines. Chalerm is one of the party-list MPs.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-08-13

The fact that you keep looking at these guys as though they walk on water, says all we need to know about you.

Hey STT ,you forgot to add his rose coloured glasses !.

Thaksin Tells Pheu Thai Ministers To Resign Party-List Mps

Pheu Thai likely to tell its ministers to quit as MPs

Thaksin = Pheu Thai

At least they are getting the sequential order correct with whatever Thaksin Thinks followed by Pheu Thai Acts

You are the kind of guy that would argue that in an election with 3 guys, one purple and two yellows that are twin brothers, with the purple getting 40% of the votes and the brothers getting 30% each, that the purple won - ignoring that the brothers would be the more likely coalition-government, since the 'winner' is not who gets the most votes - it is [all] parties that manage to get over 50% of the votes, alone or as they join together to form a coalition. And if the coalition fall apart then we have new 'winners'..aka government.

Maybe it is just the whole 'winner'-talk, people with simplistic minds have to have winner and losers to understand a result of an election...us that is from nations where coalition-governments or even minority governments is the usual way don't really have this problem.

Hi TAWP

"Maybe it is just the whole 'winner'-talk, people with simplistic minds have to have winner and losers to understand a result of an election" :cheesy::cheesy:

Well ... you certainly have got me there --- Guilty as charged!! I am so simplistically minded that I have always understood that the winner of any election was the party able to form Government as a result of that election. Weirdly the Election Commission of Thailand seems to feel the same way.

"'the 'winner' is not who gets the most votes"

Gee -- thanks for that--- who would have guessed?? No TAWP -- the winner of an election is the party able to form Government as a result of that election.

"You seem to have problem understanding that what you write just isn't true."

Whilst the rest of your post was simply childish and dim-whitted (C'mon ... tell us about the 3 multi-colored guys with the strange familial relations again) -- this part is just insulting. No part of my associated posts are untrue ---- attempts from you to re-write Thai Electoral history notwithstanding ---

TAWP ---- please tell us of an election this century that "these guys" did not win.

TAWP ---- please tell us of an election this century that "these guys" did not win.

Most centuries have a hundred years, this one only has about a dozen so far, n'est pas ? B)

Has anybody heard/seen any response from PM-Yingluck, to this extraordinary statement by the PM's Office Minister Surawit, confirming the reports that Thaksin "instructed" her ministers to vacate their party-list seats ?

One might expect a clear denial from her, and some retraction from him, unless she is happy to let his statement stand ? Since it clearly undermines her authority as PM and Party-Leader, surely she has to be seen to take some action, to correct his allegation ?

Not to do so would be to accept that her brother has the right & the power, to "instruct" her ministers behind-her-back and without going through her, wouldn't it ? :o

Edited by Ricardo

"Ministers should devote their attention to their jobs in the government, hence they won't be in a position to handle legislative duties properly at the same time," he said.

Hilarious :lol:

Chatt said he believed in the principle that Cabinet members should quit their party-list seats. He expects his party's executive board to convene soon and issue a diktat on how and when ministers should vacate their House seats.

"Diktat" is an interesting choice of words :whistling:

Pheu Thai spokesman Prompong Nopparit dismissed speculation that former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra had instructed against the concurrent holding of ministerial portfolios and party-list seats. He said there was no truth to allegations of Thaksin's involvement...He did not explain how and why his statement seemed to contradict remarks by PM's Office Minister Surawit Khonsomboon.

Why these guys insist on denying things that their government has already confirmed I'll never know. But it doesn't do much for their reputations as far as 'credibility', 'integrity' or 'honesty' go.

Hi TAWP

"Maybe it is just the whole 'winner'-talk, people with simplistic minds have to have winner and losers to understand a result of an election" :cheesy::cheesy:

Well ... you certainly have got me there --- Guilty as charged!! I am so simplistically minded that I have always understood that the winner of any election was the party able to form Government as a result of that election. Weirdly the Election Commission of Thailand seems to feel the same way.

Gee -- thanks for that--- who would have guessed?? No TAWP -- the winner of an election is the party able to form Government as a result of that election.

Whilst the rest of your post was simply childish and dim-whitted (C'mon ... tell us about the 3 multi-colored guys with the strange familial relations again) -- this part is just insulting. No part of my associated posts are untrue ---- attempts from you to re-write Thai Electoral history notwithstanding ---

I can think of a couple where they were dismissed for electoral fraud :lol:

...snip

"Diktat" is an interesting choice of words :whistling:

....snip

Indeed it is - it clearly derives from dictate as implies a dictatorship.

The big question is was the interview in Thai or English, ie. did he actually say this or did the journalist/translator use a particulary dramatic term???

This post is a bit ... cryptic. Assuming 'doesn't appear to break laws' is referring to the OP "Thaksin tells ...." it's still amazing to have 'Thaksin', 'legal' and 'government' in a single sentence. K. Thaksin, a fugitive criminal and the legal Thai government put in a single sentence. If I were Thai I would be offended.

Being a foreigner I can make all the noise I want ... I can't change a bloody thing ... and I'm still having fun ... wasting my time .... like other members here :D

If you were Thai, there is a good chance you would not be offended.......therein lies the difference......highlighting your misconception of Thai people and politics

If you were Thai, there is a good chance you would not be offended.......therein lies the difference......highlighting your misconception of Thai people and politics

I seem to be missing the reason why your opinion of what Thai people think is more valid than rubl's.

Hi TAWP

As the Democrats, BJT and other parties was able to form a coalition it is clear that 'PT' hasn't 'won' every 'election' this 'century' (isn't that like proclaiming the best movie of the year...in January?) - and PT didn't form the coalitions themselves, hence the word 'coalition'. It gives a different slant to your post if you were to include all of those small facts.

But whatever, you wanted to write slogans and paint a slightly incorrect picture, not debate history or facts.

I seem to be missing the reason why your opinion of what Thai people think is more valid than rubl's.

I seem to be missing your evidence as proof it is not.....

Perhaps the thread on the Thai voters accepting corruption will assist in your education.

Edited by 473geo

I seem to be missing your evidence as proof it is not.....

I asked for a reason, i didn't make a claim. You did, or at least you inferred it, and don't now dispute it, so it's up to you to give reasoning. Don't be afraid to say there is none.