Things To Do In Pattaya

Big Tony

Yep what to do on those boring afternoons while preparing yourself for the next marathon drinking and shagging session.

Well a nice place to visit is Wat Yan, this is about 20km from Pattaya, you actually have to drive round it as the place is so big, well you could probably walk round it, but if you have Thais with you they often refuse to walk, anyway here are some nice pictures I took last time I was there.

normal_SV400006Rotated.jpg

normal_SV400004Rotated.jpg

normal_SV400010Rotated.jpg

normal_SV400008Rotated~0.jpg

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the car is a Hyundai Coupe. An excellent sports car for those on a budget.

Back on Topic: We visited the Sanctuary Of Truth when there in Sept. An amazing piece of architecture that is being built by traditional methods. It has been going on for 24 years and they expect it to be another 15 before its finished. Oh and theres a dolphin show after the tour (???)

Of course going in the opposite direction will take us to Sri Racha, here they have 2 zoos, the rip off two tier priced tiger zoo, or the other one called khoa khieo,(or something like that) anyway the khao khieo is well worth a visit, here's David as a nipper :o

normal_SV400139~0.JPG

Of course how can a day at the zoo be the most entertaining? many of the animals sleep all the time, this makes it very difficult to get interesting pictures, what you really need to do is to agitate the animals a bit and wake them up for those memorable pics, the best way I have found is either with stones or small rocks, this bear took a lot to wake up and used up half my bag of rocks, but you have to admit that the picture makes it well worth it.

normal_SV400218%20Rotated.JPG

IF I have friends coming into town that wont to see something apart from the bars - they usually have women folk with em!

I take them to Nong Nooch, do the 2 oclock show, let them walk around, then drive home via the "temples" cut accross to the Big Budha by the Chinese temple, I'm bored shitless by this time, but they seem to enjoy

Cheers