Airport Shopping Plaza

Flatouthruthefog

AirportShopping Plaza…..As far as Malls go, its OK. As far as parking go’s just stoptrying to get a spot by the front door and there plenty of room.

I think youjust had a bad day! :)

I went there on Thursday and was inside the covered parking at 12:10, and all parking was taken up, with the exception of the V.I.P. parking areas, where they now charge 30 baht for 30 minutes parking. How long before it is all V.I.P. parking.

Will they drop the charge once the new shopping Malls come on line??

>>Chiang Mai has a population of 1,600,850 people <<

No way ,its more like 700,000 .Greater Dublin has a population just over one million and its about twice the size at least of Chiang Mai . :jap:

Chiang Mai province has 1,649,457 in 2005 (obviously will be more now), the city proper or Mueung Chiang Mai is 240,466. Putting the surrounding districts (suburbs or metropolitan areas) it is 970,479.

Metropolitan area

List of population by province . The link is confusing cities with provinces which is a common mistake.

FWIW Western Club was closed because there was a rent increase of about 100 - 200%. Just what I heard. It's re-opened somewhere else but don't remember where. Too bad - even though I was there maybe only 2 times I kind of liked the idea of having this sort of place inside Central Airport.

Also FWIW 2 new malls are being built & that will take some pressure off Airport...

As for KSK, I've never seen it in good shape to be honest. When I got here 8 years ago I was wondering why that building was still standing. I am still wondering that. The unused - and possibly haunted - rear area of KSK would make for a great movie or photo shoot set though.

Funny you should say that about the rear of KSK. A few days ago my daughter went there to take some 'fashion' pics of her mates done up in clothes she's trying to sell online. After a few snaps, security guards chased them away saying they need to pay some kind of fee for the honor of taking the pics!

AirportShopping Plaza…..As far as Malls go, its OK. As far as parking go's just stoptrying to get a spot by the front door and there plenty of room.

I went there on Thursday and was inside the covered parking at 12:10, and all parking was taken up, with the exception of the V.I.P. parking areas, where they now charge 30 baht for 30 minutes parking. How long before it is all V.I.P. parking.

Will they drop the charge once the new shopping Malls come on line??

"Drop the charge once the new shopping Malls come on line??" Who knows, I didn't know they had VIP parking.

You know, I've never had a problem parking, inside or out at Airport Shopping Plaza, but, I don't go inside if the place looks busy on arrival. If I go in, I go straight up, till a spot opens up, or outside I just head for the back.

I think a lot of people use the parking area at Airport Shopping Plaza as a 'park and ride', from what you say, maybe I've just been lucky so far.

Edited by Tonto21

lukeskywalker.

re ... Going up the escalator behind a pair of beautiful, long and I'm sure, soft as silk legs,

noooooooo cannot ........ dave2 doesnt want a holliday

just joshin .. dave2 : )

biggrin.gif Remember WTK - "if dave2 didn't photograph it, then it didn't happen"...........We want proof! ph34r.gif

shamed to be british at times.

Don't be ashamed to be British - there's still lots of good things.

Most people know why there is a 'massive culture change' and my guess is that the likes of you are not responsible, just like millions of others who are not.

AirportShopping Plaza…..As far as Malls go, its OK. As far as parking go’s just stoptrying to get a spot by the front door and there plenty of room.

I guess I have a lot of bad days. Motorcycle parking is always over crowded and with my car I always just head to the far out side parking and get something in the last row or so

lukeskywalker.

re ... Going up the escalator behind a pair of beautiful, long and I'm sure, soft as silk legs,

noooooooo cannot ........ dave2 doesnt want a holliday

just joshin .. dave2 : )

biggrin.gif Remember WTK - "if dave2 didn't photograph it, then it didn't happen"...........We want proof! ph34r.gif

Yes, though he mostly takes pictures of buildings and other static sites. Hopefully he will make an exception in this case? (It's 4pm, there's stil time Dave!)

must be the whining season in cnx at the moment,is it the weather or something,sat here in freezing uk in the middle of our summer lol,all im reading about on tv is complaints.honestly folks,you just dont no were youre bread is buttered.may be that post about expats in cnx has hit a nerve some were.please lighten up,your IN the los,for god sake.

Best solution: don't go there then :(

Wait around two more years and we'll have 3 new malls:

- Central Festival Chiang Mai (San Dek intersection) - under construction

- Promenada Chiang Mai - under construction

- a new mall on Nimmanhaemin Road right where the Amari hotel was with 4 cinemas.