Working Online

finy

:cheesy: ...Right...actually I have a real job, which pays real money so I dont need to find addtional income sources to finance my life in Thailand, but it appears based on your comments it is something you have to do.

;)

What a tosser! You think you deserve credit because you're a freakin' wage slave? Next, you'll start making statements like "I bet I pay more taxes then you do" biggrin.gif

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cheesy: ...Right...actually I have a real job, which pays real money so I dont need to find addtional income sources to finance my life in Thailand, but it appears based on your comments it is something you have to do.

;)

What a tosser! You think you deserve credit because you're a freakin' wage slave? Next, you'll start making statements like "I bet I pay more taxes then you do" biggrin.gif

Well actually its should be... I bet I pay less taxes than you......:P

My guess is that you have not figured out how to make money online and just being a dick to those that have.

;)

Next you'll be asking to compare monthly incomes or penis sizes.

Go play in a thread that you actually know what you are talking about. DMF.

:cheesy: .....naah dont want to embarrass you on either count

"DMF"...thats orginal...:thumbsup:

Is this a forum for adults or children?

My guess is that someone is envious of those who operate lucrative yet easy-to-manage online businesses.

My guess is that someone resents being a humble employee.

My guess is that you have not figured out how to make money online and just being a dick to those that have.

;)

Next you'll be asking to compare monthly incomes or penis sizes.

Go play in a thread that you actually know what you are talking about. DMF.

:cheesy: .....naah dont want to embarrass you on either count

"DMF"...thats orginal...:thumbsup:

You can embarrass me later with your prowess...

But for now, this is a thread about making money on the Internet.

So, I'm still interested in understanding the difference between "real money" and the money sitting in my offshore account. They seem to do the same thing.

And perhaps you can tell us about your "real job". Do you get up at 8am and drive to an office in your BMW Camry, have meetings in your power ties and discuss the stock market Soi Cowboy around the water cooler? Then, when the clock hits 5.30pm you get in your car and drive back home?

Actually, I think I just understood the difference.

Why on earth would anybody think that real money cannot be made working online? The internet is an enormous marketplace.

Not doing yourself any favours here Soutpeel

No-one is suggesting you cant make money on line,

My little friend seemed to get all fired up when I asked if he had a WP in Thailand, why was he doing things under the radar..which seemed a rather reasonable question based on the information given.

Rakers old chap you are proberly right......what did my old dad say.... dont mock the afflicted, it's not nice, so think I will bow out of this discussion, and leave all the internet "millionaires" discussing their marketing strategies and counting their cash....;)

Why on earth would anybody think that real money cannot be made working online? The internet is an enormous marketplace.

My little friend seemed to get all fired up when I asked if he had a WP in Thailand, why was he doing things under the radar..which seemed a rather reasonable question based on the information given.

Rakers old chap you are proberly right......what did my old dad say.... dont mock afflicted, it's not nice, so think I will bow out of this discussion, and leave all the internet "millionaires" discussing their marketing strategies and counting their cash....;)

My serious answer to the OP and other people considering living in Thailand is:

If the only way you are able to stay in Thailand is by trying to scratch out a living, either online or doing anything else, then it is in your best interests not to make plans for a long term stay and come over for a short holiday every year instead.

As for online businesses, it would be wise to start this in your own country first and see if it successful or not.

Best advice on the thread.

I remember after my first few trips to Thailand. I managed to land myself in a relationship and I wanted to get back there quickly.

Desperately looking at how I can support myself since getting a job in Thailand with no degree was not going to happen.

It took me 2 years to get my head straight and start my degree and I am so glad I did because now I have more opportunity to work and live in other countries.

You'll soon see all the talk about SEO and making millions from affiliate marketing blah blah blah. They're selling snake oil. What they don't tell you is they rank high because they pay people to spam links to their site, or write fake articles. Hell there's a post on the seedier Pattaya forum where the Admin is informing his members that he uses donations to pay 'Indians' to spam his site across the internet. One email from Google to that thread could see his entire site blacklisted, showing up in no results.

You can learn correct SEO directly from Google, they will tell you how to get your site ranking for good keywords, follow Matt Cutts on Google+ and Twitter. But if your site loads slow and is full of crappy articles written purely to hit keyword counts then SEO is a waste of time anyway.

If the only way you are able to stay in Thailand is by trying to scratch out a living, either online or doing anything else, then it is in your best interests not to make plans for a long term stay and come over for a short holiday every year instead.

As for online businesses, it would be wise to start this in your own country first and see if it successful or not.

I remember after my first few trips to Thailand. I managed to land myself in a relationship and I wanted to get back there quickly.

Desperately looking at how I can support myself since getting a job in Thailand with no degree was not going to happen.

It took me 2 years to get my head straight and start my degree and I am so glad I did because now I have more opportunity to work and live in other countries.

You'll soon see all the talk about SEO and making millions from affiliate marketing blah blah blah. They're selling snake oil. What they don't tell you is they rank high because they pay people to spam links to their site, or write fake articles. Hell there's a post on the seedier Pattaya forum where the Admin is informing his members that he uses donations to pay 'Indians' to spam his site across the internet. One email from Google to that thread could see his entire site blacklisted, showing up in no results.

You can learn correct SEO directly from Google, they will tell you how to get your site ranking for good keywords, follow Matt Cutts on Google+ and Twitter. But if your site loads slow and is full of crappy articles written purely to hit keyword counts then SEO is a waste of time anyway.

SEO is certainly not snake oil, i got plenty of clients who make good money of it (im an accountant i do their books). Thing is you have to be patient and know what your doing. You wont learn it fast. I don't know how to do it and i am not going to try as my other job pays good already.

Rakers old chap you are proberly right......what did my old dad say.... dont mock afflicted, it's not nice, so think I will bow out of this discussion, and leave all the internet "millionaires" discussing their marketing strategies and counting their cash....;)

Translation.

"I'm looking pretty stupid and arrogant about now, so best I get out while I still have some dignity....and I have to get up early for work tomorrow."

I'll throw in my 5 cents worth, should you have a work permit if you work as an Internet marketer in Thailand? Yes, what happens if you don't have one? nothing, because no one cares... the government, the police, your next door neighbour nobody gives a *&$" and nobody will know unless you go around boasting you are making x amount of dollars while playing with the computer in your apartment then the good chance is some petty minded jealous farang will probably shop you.

Agreed.

My first attempt I was impatient to get higher rankings on Google. Things were too slow.

I paid an SEO "expert" for link building, articles and whatever else he offered. It was not expensive, but a waste of money regardless.

Soon after I found an SEO guy in Thailand that taught me the error of my ways. So, combined with a new SEO friendly website design and ongoing SEO work, it took 6 months to show results and 12 months to start making reasonable money. 5 years later and I can be selective on the business I do online.

Just type "SEO" into Google. Everyone is suddenly an SEO expert, when no one had heard of the term 5 years (or less) ago.

My advice on SEO - read as much as you can to understand what Google look for, build an SEO friendly website, focus on keywords, articles, quality links and look to see what your higher ranking competitors are doing better than you and do it better than them.

I am not an SEO expert or Internet expert by any means. My advice is just what worked for me.

Translation.

"I'm looking pretty stupid and arrogant about now, so best I get out while I still have some dignity....and I have to get up early for work tomorrow."

haha I love this guy!

I'll throw in my 5 cents worth, should you have a work permit if you work as an Internet marketer in Thailand? Yes, what happens if you don't have one? nothing, because no one cares... the government, the police, your next door neighbour nobody gives a *&$" and nobody will know unless you go around boasting you are making x amount of dollars while playing with the computer in your apartment then the good chance is some petty minded jealous farang will probably shop you.

This could apply to a number of things that are considered off-limits, illegal, shadowy, etc.

A better chance that this is the consciousness of Farang community, less Thai - be it stem from officialdom or your neighbors.

SEO is certainly not snake oil, i got plenty of clients who make good money of it (im an accountant i do their books). Thing is you have to be patient and know what your doing. You wont learn it fast. I don't know how to do it and i am not going to try as my other job pays good already.

I meant blackhat SEO.

Thanks guys

I think I will give affiliate marketing a go.

Ive been reading up on it and I think i'll build a wordpress website and see what happens.

I will probably outsource my SEO until i study it. I will also outsource article writing as I cant spell lol

Where can I find a good copywriter that can write me a few articles about Thailand?

Nothing personal, but I think most any hard boiled businessmen would read that and basically not like your odds. Sometimes doing nothing is a better idea than a sure fire money pit.

What's wrong with wanting buckets of money without lifting a finger?

laugh.gif

Thanks guys

I think I will give affiliate marketing a go.

Ive been reading up on it and I think i'll build a wordpress website and see what happens.

I will probably outsource my SEO until i study it. I will also outsource article writing as I cant spell lol

Where can I find a good copywriter that can write me a few articles about Thailand?

Nothing personal, but I think most any hard boiled businessmen would read that and basically not like your odds. Sometimes doing nothing is a better idea than a sure fire money pit.

What's wrong with wanting buckets of money without lifting a finger?

laugh.gif

Yes, much truth spoken in jest! Sorry, Op it seems to me you are looking for a get-rich-quick-scheme (or at least get-a-viable-business-out-of-a-cornflake-packet-scheme). SEO or any skill can be learned given the right aptitude and comittment - but it is akin to learning any skill, say learning brick laying, so after your learning period you can make a fairly good garden wall or BBQ, but would anyone want to hire you to build their house? Could you (assuming no other experience than the course)?

I would ask what you currently do at home (i.e. your home country) for income or hobby even that could be used here in some way. What experience and expertise do you already possess? Using sites such as rentacoder, odesk, etc (TV classifieds even perhaps??) you can get someone to do the web site design/coding (preferably with a simple CMS system for you to use afterwards) for you and a decent SEO company to do the optomising and you just run the site day to day (whether it be product or service related) - less learning curve and you get the skills from people that already know what they are doing - a better investment than doing an endless list of courses yourelf and never getting off the ground.

I guess some uninformed people just associate Internet Marketing with get rich quick schemes.

I wasnt exactly honest in my opening post as I wanted to gauge a response about people making money online without coming across like I already did it.

Well Ive only been doing it about 3 weeks and have built up a few sites with good content, on page seo and im now slowly bringing them up the rankings with off page seo at the same time as building more websites.

I hope to have them monotized within 5 months when I come to Thailand.

I have ordered my 10,000 visitors for my website. Ill let you know wat happens next weekend. I'll be getting 2000 per day mon-fri.

Its been interessting to see what some people do, what methods they use and what others think.

Lots of people seem to assosiate black hat seo with multiple article submissions etc

inetressting

i would like to get some good articles written on thialand though for an authority site.

not one to make money per say but i want it as my hobby to build up as I love thailand

I guess some uninformed people just associate Internet Marketing with get rich quick schemes.

I wasnt exactly honest in my opening post as I wanted to gauge a response about people making money online without coming across like I already did it.

Well Ive only been doing it about 3 weeks and have built up a few sites with good content, on page seo and im now slowly bringing them up the rankings with off page seo at the same time as building more websites.

I have ordered my 10,000 visitors for my website. Ill let you know wat happens next weekend. I'll be getting 2000 per day mon-fri.

Its been interessting to see what some people do, what methods they use and what others think.

Lots of people seem to assosiate black hat seo with multiple article submissions etc

inetressting

i would like to get some good articles written on thialand though for an authority site.

not one to make money per say but i want it as my hobby to build up as I love thailand

I reckon if you want to make money on the internet, learning English would give you some unwarranted credibility

SC

inetressting

I reckon if you want to make money on the internet, learning English would give you some unwarranted credibility

SC

Thats what spell check and re-reading articles are for

inetressting

SC

Sometimes we lack the diligence and commitment to quality that is required to submit every piece of prose to the apostopher STOP.

As if anyone sees their own mistakes.

SC

inetressting

SC

Sometimes we lack the diligence and commitment to quality that is required to submit every piece of prose to the apostopher STOP.

As if anyone sees their own mistakes.

SC

SC

The day that George becomes a paying client of mine is the day that I will proofread my posts.

Until that day, It's just a doss

Not really, but when someone posts for advice on what to do online to earn a living in Thailand, then I would guess most people would associate that with some level of desperation - and honign in on 'what can I learn quickly and run with to do it' is associative with get-rich-quick-schemes. I would suggest that most people here that fell for your request for advice (which seems to be, in actuality, what? checking out the competition? market research?) where indeed giving you informed information.

So, what were you gauging in your plea for advice?

I can know up a little BOT that will give you a million hits a day (with probably as many paying customers - i.e.o

Maybe next time you word it in such a way that you show your true purpose - perhaps a poll would have been better. Using surreptitious means does little to earn friends - and it's a forum, people tend to be open anyway (and no more or less when giving advice than answering direct questions).

Do they? Personally I associate Black Hat with any under-handed method (e.g. hijacking, spamming, redirecting, spoofing, cloaking, doorways, hidden/invisible keywords, unwanted auto-page generation/popups, anything on blackhatworld.com pretty much) - however, more important is how Google determines it (and combats it), and they make that quite clear.

inetressting

Uhuh, well at least one copy writer here will do 500 words at $20 for you.

Yeah sorry

I just wanted to know what people did and if i mentioned affiliate marketing, I might have got replies that focused on that.

I wanted to see the different things people did.

Yeah sorry

I just wanted to know what people did and if i mentioned affiliate marketing, I might have got replies that focused on that.

I wanted to see the different things people did.

Maybe you could've asked what people did.

That might have sounded like an honest enquiry.

SC

Making money online is incredibly easy and with no need for any work permit either.

What is difficult is finding the best advice out there. If you google 'how to make money online' than 10 million affiliates will be happy to give you a pdf file of outdated techniques and laced with the affiliate's referral links. Really, all you are going to be doing is lining 'their' pockets while learning about a massively saturated market.

So how do you overcome all this??

Simple as anything, and something that most people don't think of... You walk into a saturated market in such a way that 'market saturation' works FOR YOU.

I have been making my living online for 15 years now, and I have had my share of highs and lows, luckily mostly highs as I am on at the moment. But the facts are.. There are not many of these techniques that are thrust at you that will work.. If a PDF guarantees you $56,000 a month on 'autopilot' You can pretty much expect to part with $450 and earn about $80 a month via Clickbank or Commission Junction. Usually if I read them CB and CJ words, I am gone... no more need to read.

At the moment I am doing very very nicely, and I also already run it past the immigration boys and it requires absolutely NO work permit, as it is NOT working.

Can't really go into it here in the open forum..lol it would take hours to type it all out :)

Sorry

Good Luck

Making money online is incredibly easy and with no need for any work permit either.

What is difficult is finding the best advice out there. If you google 'how to make money online' than 10 million affiliates will be happy to give you a pdf file of outdated techniques and laced with the affiliate's referral links. Really, all you are going to be doing is lining 'their' pockets while learning about a massively saturated market.

Simple as anything, and something that most people don't think of... You walk into a saturated market in such a way that 'market saturation' works FOR YOU.

I have been making my living online for 15 years now, and I have had my share of highs and lows, luckily mostly highs as I am on at the moment. But the facts are.. There are not many of these techniques that are thrust at you that will work.. If a PDF guarantees you $56,000 a month on 'autopilot' You can pretty much expect to part with $450 and earn about $80 a month via Clickbank or Commission Junction. Usually if I read them CB and CJ words, I am gone... no more need to read.

At the moment I am doing very very nicely, and I also already run it past the immigration boys and it requires absolutely NO work permit, as it is NOT working.

Can't really go into it here in the open forum..lol it would take hours to type it all out :)

Sorry

Good Luck

Just good to know its possible to do

I dont know if it can be classed as over saturated though

There is millions of ways to market each product/niche

I think the most important thing is having good ideas that will convert

I know I already have good domains with high searches/low comp

Just need to work on traffic and conversion.

If you have a product people want, traffic coming to your site and a site that will convert then you just wont fail. ofcourse its not that easy

I'll pick stuff up along the way in regards to backlinks

Sorry

Good Luck

Just good to know its possible to do

I dont know if it can be classed as over saturated though

There is millions of ways to market each product/niche

I think the most important thing is having good ideas that will convert

I know I already have good domains with high searches/low comp

Just need to work on traffic and conversion.

If you have a product people want, traffic coming to your site and a site that will convert then you just wont fail. ofcourse its not that easy

I'll pick stuff up along the way in regards to backlinks

Yep.... Sounds to me as though you read THAT pdf.... lol

I would not say that there are millions of way to make money online though??

I would say though that there are millions of people trying to make money online... 98 -99% fail.

I have also seen many many fantastic domains (with high searches/low comp) which are directed to by the remnants of someone's failed marketing left on the internet, which takes you to a 'hosting expired' page..

The moment you said clickbank product, I knew where you were headed.

Good Luck Though.

Out of interest, what do you think is better than Clickbank products?

I do want to do some small sniper sites with clickbank/CJ, a bit of launch jacking and a build a few authority sites and do some CPA from someone like maxbounty.

What ways do you use?