Working Online

finy

Thanks guys

I think I will give affiliate marketing a go.

Ive been reading up on it and I think i'll build a wordpress website and see what happens.

I will probably outsource my SEO until i study it. I will also outsource article writing as I cant spell lol

Where can I find a good copywriter that can write me a few articles about Thailand?

Nothing personal, but I think most any hard boiled businessmen would read that and basically not like your odds. Sometimes doing nothing is a better idea than a sure fire money pit.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will probably outsource my SEO until i study it. I will also outsource article writing as I cant spell lol

Where can I find a good copywriter that can write me a few articles about Thailand?

Good luck.

There are experienced affiliate marketers on this site that will tell you that you will lose money before making anything. I am looking at bum marketing (google it) myself to keep the costs down.

I'm a good copywriter and I could write you articles about anything under the sun. But I don't come cheap.....................

I dont understand

If I can set up a website and add good content and get in ranked high, why do you think it would be a money pit?

It was more in your tone. Your "plan" is weak and not even half-baked, more like raw. I would be surprised if most others don't agree with me, but actually I'm not looking to make you angry. Rather, give a reality check.

Edited by Jingthing

Thanks guys

I think I will give affiliate marketing a go.

Ive been reading up on it and I think i'll build a wordpress website and see what happens.

Nothing personal, but I think most any hard boiled businessmen would read that and basically not like your odds. Sometimes doing nothing is a better idea than a sure fire money pit.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you need a Work Permit for doing nothing, so you could find yourself in jail less often that way.

If you are serious about opportunities in Thailand, a little bit of research will have highlighted a gap in the market for a fish resuscitator

SC

How much does a 500 word article go for?

And basic SEO

I'll do you 500 words for $15-20. Depending on the subject. If you are looking for cheap copy then you should bear google panda in mind.

When it comes to SEO it depends on whether or not you are looking white hat or black hat techniques.

If you need to google what I have posted on bold, you need to think again.

I did the copywriting thing for a while and found it interesting, but sometimes very dull work depending on the topic and the research involved.

Yep

Some contracts give you 3D printers and quantum physics (thoroughly enjoyable for me), yet others give you inflation rates and house prices (I'd rather watch pain dry)

Horses for courses.

Can you learn to be a good copywriter?

Can you learn to paint pictures?

*edit

Forgive my arrogance.

If you can write already then you can improve upon that and learn new writing skills. The same with painting.

finy

If you want to try writing then give it a go. Send me a PM and I'll forward your work on to a potential employer. You might surprise yourself.

Edited by Moonrakers

Thanks but no thanks. Im really bad.

I suppose I might be good with creativity but I have bad spelling and grammer.

Maybe I should get better at that lol

I actually have a qualification in English haha

Thanks but no thanks. Im really bad.

I suppose I might be good with creativity but I have bad spelling and grammer.

Maybe I should get better at that lol

I actually have a qualification in English haha

So you given up before even trying then?

No, im going to go away and learn first.

How long do you think this internet marketing stuff can last before it comes to an end or the market is to saturated?

do I have time

The internet is the future of shopping, marketing, reading, entertainment etc. It will not come to an end any time soon and in a saturated market the best players, who offer the lowest cost service will stand out.

How long do you think this internet marketing stuff can last before it comes to an end or the market is to saturated?

do I have time

The internet is the future of shopping, marketing, reading, entertainment etc. It will not come to an end any time soon and in a saturated market the best players, who offer the lowest cost service will stand out.

Sorry J, I disagree

Individuals that try to compete for cost (peanuts) lose. The good jobs want quality and are prepared to pay for it.

do I have time

Sorry J, I disagree

Individuals that try to compete for cost (peanuts) lose. The good jobs want quality and are prepared to pay for it.

J, I know what your're saying but cost is still a factor. That and the quality ot the work. In fact it's all about cost and quality. The two forces that drive a sale.

Customers / advertisers / consumers / in any economic climate want the best quality at the lowest price. Western individuals or firms that relocate to the far east can compete with the likes of India for SEO and marketing products.

Look at China relocating her manufacturing plants to places like Vietnam. Why? It's cheaper to produce in S.E. Asia than it is in China. You need workers with skills and then relocate them to somewhere where its cheap to opperate and where there's an employable work force. Exactly what the UK SEO firms have done here in Bangkok. Some consumers might be put off by dealing with a firm based in Asia. They deal with a UK company and further down the line they discover all the work is done in Asia!

I certainly would never consider working in the UK as a copy-writer, or any kind of writer other than a fiction writer with massive sales or a print journalist!! It wouldn't pay the bills and the market would lose a good low cost service. We have to compete on price. The best way to do that is to work somewhere where its cheap to live.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

Is the online Forex market a way to make money online?

Do many people make a career out of this?

yes people make a fortune from this by charging you a spread and keeping your losses. :D

If you think pretty paterns will make you a fortune you are just asking for people to take your money.

The op's living in a fantasy world.

Time to move back home and get a real job. Sorry thats the brutal answer you dont want to hear.

Making money on the Internet is not easy...although once you are making money on the Internet, you do tend to say it is easier than it was to actually get there.

Those making money, like me, have found niches that worked for them - a little piece of Internet world where they have the knowledge, products, skills or interest to make it work over time - and time is the key variable. It takes time to make real money consistently on the Net. Years, not months.

My advice is to focus on what you know first. Think about how you can monetize it and then work hard to that goal. Your initial plan with morph and change as you see opportunities and ideas and what others are doing, to the point that your final business may have little in common with your initial plan. Build the best website you can. Look bigger and more professional than you actually are. Be responsive and timely.

Start it in your spare time, rather than rely on it.

Good Luck...

This is very good advice. It took me years of trial and error before I could earn a good living via the Internet. I too have my own little niche in one corner of the Internet, backed up by 30 years of knowledge and experience as an engineer. I don't believe there are any get rich quick schemes out there on the Internet.

The answer is clear as you have used the opperative word WORK.. Get it legal of face the music. A long asked and answered is that if you work in thailand but only over the net and send the stuff outside, get the funds deposited into and account that you can access etc... You are working and must have the proper papers or you may go home unhappy.

Yes you can make money trading FOREX, I do it, however it has taken me about 5 years to become a decent trader with consistent positive results...it is a true bitch, want to learn then be ready to lose money and lots of it....I have a website I set up a while back that has links to various sites that provide FOREX training free (check out babypips.com, great source for beginners and free)...I also have some ads on the pages for pay for lessons and whatnot, but I would recommend the free stuff first....Many times the only people in FOREX making money are the ones selling you the training program or the next holy grail in trading.

Good luck

Pipmaker.com

Yes you can make money trading FOREX, I do it, however it has taken me about 5 years to become a decent trader with consistent positive results...it is a true bitch, want to learn then be ready to lose money and lots of it....I have a website I set up a while back that has links to various sites that provide FOREX training free (check out babypips.com, great source for beginners and free)...I also have some ads on the pages for pay for lessons and whatnot, but I would recommend the free stuff first....Many times the only people in FOREX making money are the ones selling you the training program or the next holy grail in trading.

Good luck

Pipmaker.com

I have worked in a stock traders office in Holland as head of the back office and you would not believe how many times the pro's had it wrong. The whole market is just a big legalized gambling party IMHO.

If people really could make money they would not tell others they would just invest for themselves and live off it.

Good luck

Pipmaker.com

I have worked in a stock traders office in Holland as head of the back office and you would not believe how many times the pro's had it wrong. The whole market is just a big legalized gambling party IMHO.

If people really could make money they would not tell others they would just invest for themselves and live off it.

During the American gold rush in Colorado the guy that made the most money sold blue jeans to the miners. I think he went on to start May Co dept stores and Levi Strauss made a bundle too.

And basic SEO

I'll do you 500 words for $15-20. Depending on the subject. If you are looking for cheap copy then you should bear google panda in mind.

When it comes to SEO it depends on whether or not you are looking white hat or black hat techniques.

Why do you think there is a difference in price between white hat and black hat?

I don't see why one would cost more than the other.

Making money on the Internet is not easy...although once you are making money on the Internet, you do tend to say it is easier than it was to actually get there.

Those making money, like me, have found niches that worked for them - a little piece of Internet world where they have the knowledge, products, skills or interest to make it work over time - and time is the key variable. It takes time to make real money consistently on the Net. Years, not months.

My advice is to focus on what you know first. Think about how you can monetize it and then work hard to that goal. Your initial plan with morph and change as you see opportunities and ideas and what others are doing, to the point that your final business may have little in common with your initial plan. Build the best website you can. Look bigger and more professional than you actually are. Be responsive and timely.

Good Luck...

Good post.

I discovered that I can write, so I've made a career as a copywriter. Not sure exactly where that will take me yet because it has opened so many doors for me. How things turns out depend on how events develop and evolve.

Moonrakers, your posts have been very interesting.

If you don't mind, could you tell us how you got into copywriting?

Elwood

And basic SEO

Why do you think there is a difference in price between white hat and black hat?

I don't see why one would cost more than the other.

I was more trying to point out that there's a lot that the OP hasn't even heard about yet

Good Luck...

Good post.

I discovered that I can write, so I've made a career as a copywriter. Not sure exactly where that will take me yet because it has opened so many doors for me. How things turns out depend on how events develop and evolve.

Elwood

There's a company based in Thailand that are looking for copywriters from time to time. I went for the job knowing I had nothing to lose and haven't looked back since, although I don't work for the original company any more.

Good Luck...

Good post.

Elwood

There's a company based in Thailand that are looking for copywriters from time to time. I went for the job knowing I had nothing to lose and haven't looked back since, although I don't work for the original company any more.

Smart Traffic is one. But there are several others.