Tot And Adsl

Larryst

I live up north and TOT offers ADSL broadband. They offer 4 packages. Starting from 500 baht to 2,700 baht. TOT also offers free internet service, which I have been using. The speed varies but it is now 45.2 kbps. The only charge is 3 baht to connect and you can only stay online for 2 hours. Then you have to reconnect. Is the offer from TOT broadband any good or is it worth it? :o

I live up north and TOT offers ADSL broadband. They offer 4 packages. Starting from 500 baht to 2,700 baht. TOT also offers free internet service, which I have been using. The speed varies but it is now 45.2 kbps. The only charge is 3 baht to connect and you can only stay online for 2 hours. Then you have to reconnect. Is the offer from TOT broadband any good or is it worth it?  :D

Mine often sucks, but my computer guy told me that if I had a newer computer TOT's ADSL would be much better.

He also told me that if I had bought a router instead of the modem provided by TOT my ADSL would be much faster.

I wish that I knew that before signing a one year contract and installing the "free" modem! :o

• 11 months later...

I have Goldcyber 1024/256 for 1000 Baht per month. Last week TOT upgraded the connection to 1024/512 for free. Average d/u is 800/230 kbps. I'm happy with it consider the costs.

My friend lives in a adjacent district (same province) and he has a lot of shxxx with his connection. Every 30-60 minutes a disconnection. TOT can't find the source of the problems. That's going on for 6 weeks already.

Petch01

Edited by Petch01