Requirements To Open A Luxury Spa In Bkk

I have an idea to open a luxury spa in Bangkok. I know there are a lot of spa's in Bangkok but not like what i have in mind, my market research shows there is a lot of demand for it. So please save me the negative feedback.

Are there any requirements i have to meet besides the regular company formation, work permit etc.? Someone told me i need to be qualified first to open a spa because it's gov. regulated. Is that true? If so, can anyone point me in the right direction? I know there's some kind of spa organisation you can become a member of by taking some kind of exam, but so far i know that's not required.

I know you said that you did not want any "negative feedback" but the only thing I can offer up is 'be prepared to lose an arm and a leg'.

Nah, i know what i'm doing. I always do extensive research before investing a dime.

Why do people who are not business savvy enough always portray investing in Thailand as extremely risky? Because they don't understand the market doesn't mean everybody will fail. I've met a few of such losers in Thailand, always complaining and blaming the market while they are at fault.

I know you said that you did not want any "negative feedback" but the only thing I can offer up is 'be prepared to lose an arm and a leg'.

Nah, i know what i'm doing. I always do extensive research before investing a dime.

Why do people who are not business savvy enough always portray investing in Thailand as extremely risky? Because they don't understand the market doesn't mean everybody will fail. I've met a few of such losers in Thailand, always complaining and blaming the market while they are at fault.

You so obviously "know what you are doing" and "do extensive research before investing a dime" that you need to come to an open Forum like this to ask for the most basic information on your Spa, which, of the hundreds - thousands - (?) already existing here will "not be like what(you) have in mind".

DNFTL

Patrick

Edited by p_brownstone

You so obviously "know what you are doing" and "do extensive research before investing a dime" that you need to come to an open Forum like this to ask for the most basic information on your Spa, which, of the hundreds - thousands - (?) already existing here will "not be like what(you) have in mind".

DNFTL

Patrick

Touché :lol:

I have to say exactly the same thoughts went through my mind yesterday when I read the original post.