New Report Chinese Food In Pattaya

DocW

What I ordered to take home was:

2 large spring rolls (Egg rolls presumably)

Chicken chow mien

Chicken Fried Rice

Sweet and sour chicken

What I got was:

2, grease ridden spring rolls that needed to be doused inEgg-roll sauce (if the only gave me enough for more then ½ of an egg-roll)

The most boring, grease ridden portion of chow mien noodleswith less chicken then I have ever seen and NOTHING more mixed in.

Fried rice that was also grease ridden but dry (if you canimagine) and also had not even enough chicken to feed a cockroach. Oh yeahsorry they also added a few frozen pees but NOTHING else mixed.

The most disgusting dried up pieces of chicken that wassupposed to be the “sweet & sour chicken” with absolutely NO taste and thatwas it. No sweet and sour sauce or anything. Totally horrible!!!

They did give me a bag of something that may have been sweet& sour sauce mixed with some vegetables (that should have been added to theother portions,) but this was so disgustingly sweet that I believe a humanbeing (that is still breathing) could NEVER eat.

Like I say, you would need to douse this food with saucesetc. but they only give you enough sauces to cover a few tablespoons of food.Either then that you would need to have your own if you were taking this mealhome.

Yes I admit I am an idiot because I have been here severaltimes however the:

First time I went on recommendations from Thai Visa.

Second time was because I always give a chance and thoughtthat maybe I went on an “off day.”

Third time was after the completion came into light justdown the road so I thought maybe they had changed?

This time (and my last time) was because I have not beenthere in maybe 6 months and thought maybe they changed cooks or SOMETHING.

Now as much as I LOVE Chinese food, I will now and in thefuture be keeping this desire as “just a dream,” and will NOT try any moreChinese food in Pattaya (unless another restaurant opens and people rave aboutit.)

I have been here for 11 years not and believe me when I saythat one of the reasons I now live in Pattaya is because I have had my fill ofThai food and I still love Thai food however I also like Farang food sometimestoo.

There are a lot of places with GREAT food here in Pattayahowever

I must say that the bill was only 385 baht (including asmall beer Leo,) or something and big portions BUT what good is that if it isun-eatable.

I will give the leftovers to the soi dogs because I justdon’t have any sauces to hide the boring taste of this food and hopefully theywill at least enjoy it but I doubt it.

PS: I am not normally a complainer and put up with a lot BUTthis one really peeved me off.

Edited by Rimmer
restaurant name

I was there.

Once.

'Nuff said.

I liked your rant though. I'm hungry now.

Hahahah. You are smarter then me my friend being "once" and I was also VERY hungry until I got my food home and started to eat it. :( Just ordered KFC.

PS: Isn't the owner faring or did he leave and leave his wife to do the dirty deed?

]Mmm I was under the impression that 'Chow Mein' ,( chicken or any other sort,) was, like Chop Suey, an American invention.Please correct me ( and I'm sure someone will ) if I'm wrong.

Edited by metisdead
Font.

on the other hand, i revisited the other chinese restaurant that was a big noise on here some months ago

i recall it went from hero to zero in about 10 minutes..........

however i thought i would give it another try

it has much imporoved since its worst (for me) point but not quite as good as its best

the much vaunted uk/hong kong/chinese chef appears to have left and its Thai chefs in the kitchen

between the two of us, we had set #1 selection of starters, chicken sweet corn soup, crab soup, half an aromatic duck

all were good and big portions

the bill seemed lower than last time

we will go again now its back on form .............

"2 large spring rolls (Egg rolls presumably)

Chicken chow mien

Chicken Fried Rice

Sweet and sour chicken"

Next time you should actually order some CHINESE food...you know, the stuff some 1.5 billion Chinese people in China actually eat and not some bastardized concoctions that people eat back in Blighty or the USA :lol:

In Pattaya, Nam Sing, next to Royal Garden Mall is a decent start.

on the other hand, i revisited the other chinese restaurant that was a big noise on here some months ago

i recall it went from hero to zero in about 10 minutes..........

Isn't this the same place? :unsure:

no, Ulysses, this one is near the Jolly Friar fish & chip shop

sorry i can't name it

"2 large spring rolls (Egg rolls presumably)

Chicken chow mien

Chicken Fried Rice

Sweet and sour chicken"

Next time you should actually order some CHINESE food...you know, the stuff some 1.5 billion Chinese people in China actually eat and not some bastardized concoctions that people eat back in Blighty or the USA :lol:

In Pattaya, Nam Sing, next to Royal Garden Mall is a decent start.

personally i wouldn't eat anywhere that serves Shark Fin soup........

Amusingly the western countries love "Chinese food" yet if presented with actual Chinese food the would refuse to eat it as its "not proper" chinese food !!!!

Posts have been removed giving the name of this establishment, also the name has been edited from the first post. See the following rule that everyone agrees to when they sign up to Thai Visa:

6) Not to post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.

Amusingly the western countries love "Chinese food" yet if presented with actual Chinese food the would refuse to eat it as its "not proper" chinese food !!!!

That is partially but not entirely true. There are many dishes in China that are very similar to what we (in my case Americans) love back home. There are, of course, other dishes that Americans probably would not eat or even try. The dishes we like came from, I think, provinces near Hong Kong (no map in front of me but I think Hunan/Guangzhou). What most of us learned to like are toned down versions of the original versions, typically not as hot or spicy. I love Chinese food and wish somebody would open a good Chinese buffet at a decent price and not alter the dishes to suit Thai tastes.

I love Chinese food and wish somebody would open a good Chinese buffet at a decent price and not alter the dishes to suit Thai tastes.

You would be their sole customer then, I don't know what the ratio of Brits to Americans to Australians here in Pattaya is but no way would a Brit or an Australian for that matter (I rarely see an American here so won't bother including them) go near authentic Chinese food.

I think there's a difference between a reasoned negative review and a crazed rant. When I review a place negatively, I can usually find at least one positive thing to say as well. But even if not, if you say something like I found the portions small or the food boring and bland, you are only expressing your subjective opinion. I don't see how that it is a legal issue, even in Thailand. Some things in reviews are just informational anyway, which might turn some people off and some people on. For example, if you say a place serves mostly Thai Chinese style food rather than more authentic Chinese food, for people who prefer Thai Chinese style will be attracted to that.

Edited by Jingthing

I wonder if some posters complain about the thai food here being not as authentic as what they used to get back home ;)

That's not as far fetched as it sounds on the surface. The best gai yang, green curry, spicy pork shoulder salad, grilled beef salad, coconut custard dessert I have ever had have been in the US, and they all had authentic Thai flavor, just better executed with better quality ingredients.

Edited by Jingthing

I think people are overstating this issue. Try posting a cooler toned review and mention what you didn't like in a specific matter of fact way (such as I found the cottage pie way too greasy), rather than an over the top rant, and I think you will find the name of the place will stand. That has been my experience here for years.

Edited by Jingthing

I wonder if some posters complain about the thai food here being not as authentic as what they used to get back home ;)

My wife did actual complain that the Thai food she had in Phuket was no good and not what she was used to.

Basically that's correct and has been the policy for some time now. So basically, if a place gets positive notices here it's worth a try and if you see that it is never mentioned, well, then draw your own conclusions.

Edited by Rimmer
quoted deleted posts

Basically that's correct and has been the policy for some time now. So basically, if a place gets positive notices here it's worth a try and if you see that it is never mentioned, well, then draw your own conclusions.

No, it's not really true. Just don't rant and be sincere and descriptive about it. Try it; you'll see. I don't even recall ever having one of my restaurant comments having the name removed. Maybe it has happened, but if it did it's very rare. We have also had entire threads discussing the pros and cons of specific NAMED restaurants. Sometimes they get closed because the emotions get out of hand, but the names of the places are not removed. In my view, the problems come when people post over the top RANTS. Also, sometimes people may post something like there were rats running all over the place. It is true in those cases, even if there WERE rats running all over the place you can't really post that and name a place. But you can say the lasagna didn't have enough cheese for your liking. OK?

Edited by Jingthing

Rimmer: I'm sorry I posted the name in my OP but thanks for editing it and being decent.

I have eaten authentic Chinese food but am more into the "Western" style. I should have mentioned in my OP that I wasn't looking for Authentic.

If you went to China and ordered Sweet & Sour Chicken balls they would die laughing at you. lol. But I think you all know what I am talking about, yes the same crap you get back in England, Canada or the USA etc. I miss it so much the same way I miss those greasy ole hamburgers we used to get after the bars closed at the late night burger joints back home. Of course they are horrible for you but thats what I miss.

P.S: I do agree with the mods here because ones opinion of a place could ruin a lot of business for someone and my opinion is not the same as the next persons.

For me, sitting at home with the BBQ roaring and some Chicken legs, spare ribs and baked potatoes on the go and a frosty and my guitar beside me is the way to go. If I have any complaints it's normally that I was into a song to deep and let the stuff burn. haha