Thaksin Offers To Be Trade Ambassador

Lite Beer

Thaksin offers to be trade Ambassador

BANGKOK, 14 August 2011 (MMT) - Ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has offered to help promote the country's economy as the trade ambassador according to a Pheu Thai Party MP.

Pheu Thai party list MP Thanik Masipitak said Mr.Thaksin had expressed his wish during their meeting in Dubai.

The MP claimed the former premier was very concerned over the plight of the Thai people and would like to utilize his business knowledge and his negotiating skill to help boost foreign investment in the country.

He added that Mr.Thaksin expects to encourage foreign investors to spend 250 billionTHB in the short term and one trillion within four years.

Mr.Thanik said Pheu Thai was ready to return justice to Mr.Thaksin and detained red shirt members. However, he denied that the party had planned to offer the former premier political privileges now that his sister Yingluck Shinawatra had become the premier.

The MP insisted that the party simply wanted to disclose the truth and to do away with unjust treatments which have brought difficulties to Thaksin and his supporters over the past years.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-08-14 footer_n.gif

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He added that Mr.Thaksin expects to encourage foreign investors to spend 250 billionTHB in the short term and one trillion within four years.

Ahhh... Elite Card, Ver. 2.0

afterall the first version garnered one trillion baht just as was planned by him.

Better if he was in the same post as he was for Cambodia.... Economic Adviser, as he turned their economy around and was a huge boon to their financial system.

The circus never stops with him.

Edited by Buchholz

At the normal prevailing commission rates of 30% as charged by the local "facilitators" on big ticket projects locally.whistling.gif

A very good offer.

Thaksin is a smart businessman. He has a real knowledge of the business world. He has all the connections, in Thailand and abroad.

How can you make the difference between a winner and a whiner ? A winner is always making plan for the future, a whiner knows only how to cry about the past.

On July 3rd, the Thai people have made their choice clear, they don't want to get stuck with a bunch of sore losers.

It won't stop the whiners, but for the rest of us there is hope for a better future. And we are more than confident with the people in charge

A very good offer.

Thaksin is a smart businessman. He has a real knowledge of the business world. He has all the connections, in Thailand and abroad.

How can you make the difference between a winner and a whiner ? A winner is always making plan for the future, a whiner knows only how to cry about the past.

On July 3rd, the Thai people have made their choice clear, they don't want to get stuck with a bunch of sore losers.

It won't stop the whiners, but for the rest of us there is hope for a better future. And we are more than confident with the people in charge

Not we, you.

As so plainly proved by the resounding success of the, "Elite Card"

"Now how much is that particular fiasco costing the country now" one asks ?

A very good offer.

just wondering as you are not Thai and you didn't vote then who are the ''we'' you are speaking on behalf of?

Seem to recall The Nation running this story a number of weeks ago and it being dismissed by PTP (and the red gang on here) as unfabricated nonsense designed to create trouble.

Shhhhh.... shhh-1.gif

That was the past... forget about it. They hate when you remind them of things.

Winners and whiners....this forum unfortunately is full of the latter. The armchair loser critics whose only objective in life is to jealosly knock the winners.

It is very plainly obvious the "we" consists of the vast majority of Thai voters.

Thailand desperately needs proactive progressive business minded leaders. Saying Thaksin is only in it for himself is forgetting the why he was charged with trumped up retrospectrive charges. The whiners single him out but forget the blatent back pocket stuffing bumbling Govt ministers that were so resoundly beaten at the polls. Seems the Thai population know more than the armchair whiners ..... And I am not saying what he stood accused of was right or wrong. Compared to some Thaksin is lily white. But charges aside .....where are the people who would make a better roving Trade Ambassador? Time to forget the past and get on with the future and bring a progressive future for Thailand

It is very plainly obvious the "we" consists of the vast majority of Thai voters.

Seeing as some people have even been known on here to describe a minority as being a vast majority, could you quantify with a rough percentage figure what it is you mean by the term?

Jurgen likes a good bedtime story.

Fairy-tale or nightmare, either way it's certainly fiction ! :lol:

But this surely implies that the new Cabinet-Ministers, picked at-best with DL's kind pro-bono advice, or at worst directly-appointed by him, aren't really up to the job of promoting the country and inward-investment, as they are responsible for doing ? That they need some sort of super-hero roving-trade-ambassador to become effective in their roles ?

Happily nobody is permitted to criticise them yet, for another several months, except by-implication Thaksin himself, or there might be a few unkind posts from 'whingers & winers', as armchair-Reds like to call them. <_<

Yay for Red Business-Promotion ! B)

Edited by Ricardo

Saying Thaksin is only in it for himself is forgetting the why he was charged with trumped up retrospectrive charges.

The charges were not retrospective. The law he broke was in place long before he broke it. Misleading red propaganda.

Trumped up? In what way? Please explain.

Seem to recall The Nation running this story a number of weeks ago and it being dismissed by PTP (and the red gang on here) as unfabricated nonsense designed to create trouble.

Here it is:

http://www.thaivisa....mbassador-role/

And some comments from it:

Thaksin as trade envoy rumour denied

By The Nation

The rumour about ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra tipped for the position of Thailand trade envoy was groundless, legal adviser Noppadon Pattama said on Wednesday.

"Rumour moungers wanted to cause confustion and divisiveness," he said, insisting Pheu Thai Party had not planned for a Thaksin appointment.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-07-06

Did anyone notice how often this article references 'a source', without naming them?

There are several different anonymous 'sources' quoted.. How often can you do that before you lose credibility as a newspaper?

I think I'll bookmark this article and then use it in the future when this newspapers goes off the edge like this.

RUMOUR DENIED

http://www.nationmul...d-30159625.html

This just shows how the INVISIBLE HANDS and LIARS are already trying to create division and detail the reconciliation process.

How can these lies make their way into National Newspapers ?

Yingluck should go straight on TV now and expose this and ask, on national tv, for the newspapers to reveal their sources to assist with reconciliation and expose who the liars are for the sake of the country. The country cannot move forward if the liars are going to get their stories into the papers when they have not a shred of proof.

This is the disgrace of a "propaganda" war - the only way to stop it is to shame the newspapers into revealing their liar sources to the Thai people, so the Thai people can know who are the liars trying to create trouble.

Winners and whiners....this forum unfortunately is full of the latter. The armchair loser critics whose only objective in life is to jealosly knock the winners.

Thailand desperately needs proactive progressive business minded leaders. Saying Thaksin is only in it for himself is forgetting the why he was charged with trumped up retrospectrive charges. The whiners single him out but forget the blatent back pocket stuffing bumbling Govt ministers that were so resoundly beaten at the polls. Seems the Thai population know more than the armchair whiners ..... And I am not saying what he stood accused of was right or wrong. Compared to some Thaksin is lily white. But charges aside .....where are the people who would make a better roving Trade Ambassador? Time to forget the past and get on with the future and bring a progressive future for Thailand

Seems to me the majority of the whining is coming from the PTP and their supporters. "Please give me 6 months"... "Please let me do the job I'm not qualified to do, but was given because I'm related to Thaksin, and wore his face at a red shirt rally, and have already shown I can lie for him almost as well as himself and his sister"... "Please forgive the man who single handedly stole more from the Thai nation than any one else in recent history, and was responsible, in one way or another, for the deaths of more Thai's in recent history than anyone else"... "Please let's forget all that"... Whine whine whine. Just because you have a warped moral code and you, and those you associate with, have no qualms about seeing a convicted thief get his hands on the controls again, doesn't mean that those of us who really care about this country, rather than being out for the crumbs from a criminal in order to enrich their sad little lives, will forget or lay down and let him screw us all.

And, by the way, 48% of 70% is a "vast majority"? It certainly helps to make sense of the poor educational results in the country. .

Seems to me the majority of the whining is coming from the PTP and their supporters. <snipped>

Lest we forget also all that whining and toys out of the pram nonsense they were guilty of when the Dems had the audacity to form a coalition government. Masters of the whine i would say.

This is perfect !!!!! Since Thailand is one of the most corrupt countries in SE Asia, what could possibly make more sense than to take a convicted criminal and put him in charge of creating more business for Thailand ? The Elite card worked out so well, I can hardly wait for more brilliant ideas.....

A very good offer.

Who is "we"??? I am not confident with the rabble in charge of the country one bit!!! The finance minister doesn't know what he is doing or talking about - I have seen just one 'single sentence' uttering from him and it was complete and utter nonsense that clearly shows that he is way, way out of his league. It was such a fundamental mistake that I was aghast at his incompetence and incredible ignorance!!!!:o Such an important portfolio as well as Yingluck will need to be a magician if she is to dig her way out of the hole that she has dug herself into with those pre-election promises!!!!

As for Thaksin - I wouldn't trust him with anything as ALL he is interested in is making more money for his empire in any way possible (includes tax dodges and removing any obstacles placed in his way through immoral and unethical means). He cares for NO-ONE but himself and is merely interested in expanding his bugeoning wealth!!! Not a savoury character at all and better kept out of Thailand and away from it's interests :ph34r:.

The new foreign minister's agenda is to look after Thaksin's affairs essentially. It will be an irritant to him in attempting to resolve the Cambodia border problem and he probably won't be bothered to try to get the 2 planes back as they don't belong to Thaksin. When I think how good a person Abhisit is and compare him to the 'Thaksin clone' then it fills me with despair to be honest. Still the people will come to learn of their mistake the hard way when they haven't got money to pay for the ever increasing prices of the necessities in life having lost their job to a Burmese migrant. Still, the kids will be alright as they can sit at home and play games on their tablet (until it stops working that is)!!!!:D

Lest we forget also all that whining and toys out of the pram nonsense they were guilty of when the Dems had the audacity to form a coalition government. Masters of the whine i would say.

The audacity to form a coalition government ?

cheesy.gif

You can't be serious ?

The democrats have lost every single election as far as I can remember.

The military junta arm twisted Newin (I'm sure he still hates that day) to change allegiance because the democrats were seen as completely harmless poodles.

And on top of being harmless, they're utterly incompetent.

Audacity and democrats ? My goodness, I've heard a lot of weird stuff, but this one beats them all cheesy.gif

Edited by JurgenG

cheesy.gif

You can't be serious ?

The military junta arm twisted Newin (I'm sure he still hates that day) to change allegiance because the democrats were seen as completely harmless poodles.

And on top of being armless, they're utterly incompetent.

Audacity and democrats ? My goodness, I've heard a lot of weird stuff, but this one beats them all cheesy.gif

I don't remember seeing any Democrats without arms!!! I'm afraid incompetence will become a by-word for THIS government, just you wait and see!!!

A very good offer.

Thaksin is a smart businessman.

No he isn't....... he is however a liar, a cheat, a thief and a mass murderer who has made his billions from all the other liars, cheats and thieves who have their tongues well and truly stuck to his backside and the poor innocents who really haven't got the faintest idea what is going on.

cheesy.gif

You can't be serious ?

It's called sarcasm. Look it up.

And on top of being armless, they're utterly incompetent.

And the whining continues...

As so plainly proved by the resounding success of the, "Elite Card"

"Now how much is that particular fiasco costing the country now" one asks ?

Since we're on the topic of Elite Cards, airports come to mind..... Which loss of revenue was higher? The Elite card or the (still ongoing) loss of confidence AND revenue during the Yellow shirt airports shutdown. I personally know someone who had lost revenue worth 10M baht - and that is just ONE person!!!

A very good offer.

No he isn't....... he is however a liar, a cheat, a thief and a mass murderer who has made his billions from all the other liars, cheats and thieves who have their tongues well and truly stuck to his backside and the poor innocents who really haven't got the faintest idea what is going on.

Couldn't have put it more succinctly - he is nothing but an obnoxious, murdering, money obsessed, self indulgent criminal and traitor to Thailand and it's hood-winked and manipulated people!!!! :annoyed: Nothing more, nothing less - sums him up in a nutshell I'm afraid and its about time that the Thai's realised it before it is too late!!

A very good offer.

Couldn't have put it more succinctly - he is nothing but an obnoxious, murdering, money obsessed, self indulgent criminal and traitor to Thailand and it's hood-winked and manipulated people!!!! :annoyed: Nothing more, nothing less - sums him up in a nutshell I'm afraid and its about time that the Thai's realised it before it is too late!!

The cost of containing and removing tyrants is very high. The longer you tolerate them the worse it is in the end.

A very good offer.

Blah, blah, blah ....

Your guru, Mr Sondhi, just had one of his conviction for defamation confirmed.

Thailand is moving forward. If you prefer to get stuck with the whiners, it's up to you.

A very good offer.

The "people" are in charge? Your average run of the day red shirt protester has something to do with the direction the country will go? Mr. Thaksin will be doing this out of the goodness of his heart ?, to help the country and the people he loves so much? If Thaksin was a man who actually cared about his country and its people he would have come back and served his 2 years(he would be out now)- that would have shown character -which the boy has none of . He has no way to relate to the average red shirt-or by that matter the average any color shirt, nor does he want to , as evidence by his lifestyle while out of the country. If you want the "people" in charge then choose one of the people to lead. Stop pretending that Thaksin represents the people-he no more represents the people then the last government did. I am more than confident Thaksin will come out of this deal a richer man , while helping the "people". I know alot of brothers and sisters that are lots different from each other-you would never know they had the same parents. I hope the sister will do a good job, why must the brother put himself into the equation if he wants whats best for the people?-can he not just shut up and lay low-show respect for his sister, and let her try and do her job. Just another example of his lack of character.

Edited by travelingmike