Road That Connects Suthep Road At The Nimmanhaemin Junction To The Airport And Shopping Mall.

hc02sa

I have been struggling to find more information regarding the back road that connects Suthep Road at the Nimmanhaemin junction to the Airport and Shopping Mall.

There is a security checkpoint at either end and i've been down there a couple of times when there was no guard, not knowing that you need some special sticker to pass the checkpoint. On the one time I was stopped, they said I can apply and pay a fee for a sticker that lets you use the road but I haven't been able to find any further information on this.

The road is highly convenient for getting from Nimmanhaemin to the Shopping Plaza as it avoids the busy Suthep and Moat roads and also several u-turns.

Does anyone have any further information this, where to go, the process involved to get a sticker to use the road and how much it costs?

Thanks

No, the administrative office is a 1 story green building about 100 meters south of the Suthep Road entrance (the north entrance) on the left (east side of road).

Registration opens 1 November, stickers are mailed Jan/Feb (depending where you are in the queue) and validity runs from March to March (don't ask me why).

I don't know about the foreign/international driver license- perhaps someone has an answer?

You need the registration book for your vehicle, license, if farang copy of passport facepage (I include a copy of my current visa extension as well- not sure if required) and of course fill out the application form.

Costs 65 B per vehicle.

• 1 month later...

I was amazed to be stopped and turned back while riding a bicycle last week. That struck me as a bit over the top, but what can you do?

It's not a public road, it's an airforce base. How welcome are you at airforce bases in any other country? ;)

For a car (and maybe a motorcycle?) you can get the authorization tag, then you can use the road.

You don't need a Thai driver's license, but you do need all the other documents mentioned above.

As for getting through on a bicycle, my wife did that a couple of times. But she hasn't tried recently since she's been turned back too and she says it's not worth trying unless she's guaranteed to get thru.

You can get a sticker for a motorcycle as easily as for a car, but they won't give you one for a bicycle because you have no registration papers.

Edited by el jefe