Where Is The Best Sunday Roast In Pattaya?

english_farang_lady

Teenage son experiencing withdrawal symptoms and needs a good Sunday Roast, lots of well cooked meat, crispy roast potatoes etc and mum wants a day off SOOOOO

Anyone know where is the best Sunday Roast in Pattaya please?

Whilst on the subject, difficult to find a good roasting joint for a Sunday lunch. Any English style butchers here (apart from the one in Jomtien - went in there hoping to find some joints but none at all).

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote goes to the Pig and Whistle on Soi 7. but there are just so many pllaces offering a trad Sunday roast that there is bound to be agem amongst the dross.

Theres a few UK style butchers knocking around now who will do you a joint or you could always buy a chicken from the market and do it the 'traditional way' i.e. feed it up with corn for 6 weeks and then bung it in the oven (after you've killed it you understand as they play merry he11 in the oven if you forget to kill them first)

A little further out, but guarranteed to be delicious.

Succulent roasts any day of the week and home delivery too>

Pats Pies & Deli 313/238 3rd Road Pattaya ( at the southern end on the right about 100 yards before South Pattaya Road)

Tel (38) 723598.

Enjoy :o

Teenage son experiencing withdrawal symptoms and needs a good Sunday Roast, lots of well cooked meat, crispy roast potatoes etc and mum wants a day off SOOOOO

Whilst on the subject, difficult to find a good roasting joint for a Sunday lunch.  Any English style butchers here (apart from the one in Jomtien - went in there hoping to find some joints but none at all).

I think by some of your posts that you live near Mabprachan, so if you don't want to cross the Suk. Rd., try Sure Park. It's just off Soi Neun Pak Wan ( sorry about spelling )

If you start at temple/7-11 at bottom of Neun Pak Wan head towards Suk Rd. for about 1 kilometer. Soi 24, motorbike shop on corner. Turn left here and Sure Park is approx. 1 kilometer on right. They have car park in front. Sunday lunch ( not buffet or carvery ) is by booking at least day before ( 017420625 ) but they are open every day.

Also, The Fishermans, that overlooks the lake are now doing Sunday roasts, again, booking at least day before.

I am not involved with either location.

:o:D

Whilst on the subject, difficult to find a good roasting joint for a Sunday lunch.  Any English style butchers here (apart from the one in Jomtien - went in there hoping to find some joints but none at all).

The Queen Vic tops the lot!

We all have our personal favorites......

But kid, you seem to learn fast! :D

"The Sportsman on Soi 13 Between Beach road and Second Road "

Good food and a nice selection.

My only problem: I'm usually in there having breakfast with Miss Right-for-last-Night when they are serving! :o

~WISteve

Anyone tried Jamesons at Nova appartments?

Shennanigans did some of the best carveries but the wine was 200 baht a glass!!!

If you don't mind frozen you can get a leg of NZ lamb at Carrefour or Foodland and do it yourself...I like to BBQ a leg of lamb.

One problem I find at the QV is that the beef is not very rare (or the lamb) - but good value...

The Queen Vic tops the lot!

Queen Vic by a mile

The Sportsman has come to the end of its era i'm afraid. The food is crap. Used to be ok, sans Greg chef era, alas the old toad that runs the gaff thinks its an establishment that will continue with a washed out reputation.

Geggs stole his customers from day one, and rightly so. He cooked the stuff. Although i do not give him too much service, as he is up his own ass and expensive ta boot.

Shenanigans beats both by a mile. But do yourself a favour and miss the rest of the crap they have on offer during the week. Cheap curries, chillie,steaks etc. crap.

Pig & Whistle is good, as is the Ritz on Yamoto.

Winchester at Jomtien...free sunday lunch still ? :o

• 3 years later...
The Sportsman has come to the end of its era i'm afraid. The food is crap. Used to be ok, sans Greg chef era, alas the old toad that runs the gaff thinks its an establishment that will continue with a washed out reputation.

Geggs stole his customers from day one, and rightly so. He cooked the stuff. Although i do not give him too much service, as he is up his own ass and expensive ta boot.

Shenanigans beats both by a mile. But do yourself a favour and miss the rest of the crap they have on offer during the week. Cheap curries, chillie,steaks etc. crap.

Pig & Whistle is good, as is the Ritz on Yamoto.

Winchester at Jomtien...free sunday lunch still ? :o

Yes, I agree, time for a change for tomorrow lunch.

Where are the best 'Sunday Lunch' places now in Pattaya/Jomtien?

Any positive feedback?

Syd, there are just so many nowadays, difficult to recommend just one.

Depends on personal choice, but apart from those already mentioned in this post, then you could try Nicky's, Robin's Nest, Caddy Shack, Juice, Kiranee (not spelt correctly), Shenanigans Jomtien, the list goes on.........

The one thing that I personally find frustrating is the quality of the roast potatoes at most venues, they are generally soggy and not crisp as they should be, probably caused by pre-cooking and then microwaving them.

Otherwise from that all of the above have reasonably good roasts.

Shenanigans beats both by a mile. But do yourself a favour and miss the rest of the crap they have on offer during the week.

Im surprised they can make a decent roast, i ordered the Cheesburger and Chips coming in at a cool 350bht and i have to say it was the worst meal i had in a recent 2 month stay in Pattaya, the majority of it got left on the plate.

The burger was huge i almost put my back out lifting it, but it had so much needless salad shyt in it was just a complete stodgy mess, the bun just fell apart and the meat and i use that term loosely was the most cardboard like tasteless beef ever to have come out of a cow.

This was finished off with masses of disgusting great big frozen chips, cooked in some vile cooking fat that left a lingering taste for the night, why the <deleted> a company that charges a small fortune for its vile food cant buy some fresh potatoes and cut them into chips is beyond me, same applies to all restaurants.

It taught me a lesson though, never to break my rule of never venturing into Irish bars under any circumstances.

Youve more chance of finding a straight talking virgin in a soi 6 gogo bar then a decent English roast dinner in Pattaya.

Edited by sanmiguel

Been to try the queen Vic today for sunday lunch. It was ok but not as good as robins nest in my opinion.

It more pricey at 370 baht and I thought the choice and quality not quite as good as robins nest. They do "try'' with a yorkshire pudding though but as everyone knows they have to be eaten fresh from t'oven.

On a side note the girl promoting tetleys beer in the queen vic ...what a doll.

Whilst on the subject, difficult to find a good roasting joint for a Sunday lunch. Any English style butchers here (apart from the one in Jomtien - went in there hoping to find some joints but none at all).

robins nestaurant soi buakhao was the last place i had a sunday roast .. thort it was pretty dam good at 3 course buffet (240bt i think ),, lots of good meat to choose from and eat as much as you can. before i ate at thesportsman that also was very good.