Need A Reliable Pharmacy And I Got A Few Q'S

gargoyle

2 weeks and im coming thailand and im staying in pattaya (1st time) , i need a reliable pharmacy for my medication, insulin and glucophage, i heard the one next to tim's bar could get me everything i need ?

i also wanted to know cost of meals at any fastfood joint (burgerking, kfc, macdonald, pizza). thnx

Are you for real

yes i can still eat fast food, just have to know what to order, pizza place = thin crust, little cheese and lots of veggies, macdonald = caesar salad with chicken, grilled chicken sandwich without mayo, kfc has nothing for me but my bro like it, and so on.

Fascino on Pattaya Nua Road is probably the largest pharmacy in Pattaya and the one many ex pats here use.

Agree.I am also insulin dependent Diabetic and I use Fascino also. They have the kind of syringes I use (BD-30g fine extra short) and these are not easy to find most other pharmacies in Thailand.

They also have every type of insulin including "Pen-fill" or vials. I use R & N, and one vial costs me 450 THB. Syringes are 5 THB each or a box of 100 for 350 THB. If you get a Fascino Memer card you get 5% discount on everything and it takes 2 minutes to fill out the form. Also you get stickers on your card that allows you to get free gifts when it's full.

If traveling outside the big cities (North Issan) etc. I recommend you shop at Fascino first and bring syringes with you or you will find yourself buying Horse needles about 7' long. lol

Private me if you need any more info or I will be checking your thread also.

BTW: I also eat fast food and have no problem. My Diabetes is never better when I'm in Thailand but I do eat a lot of spicy Thai food. Fast food expect to pay about the same as back home. Burger King Cheesburger, fries and coke about 110 THB ($3.50 Canadian.) so I guess it is cheaper. I wouldn't know the prices out of Thailand these days.

You could also try Boots in Walking Street, or the branch inside Royal Garden Plaza, if they were more convenient for wherever you will be staying.

boots as in boots ? they sell insulin ?

Fascino on Pattaya Nua Road is probably the largest pharmacy in Pattaya and the one many ex pats here use.

Agree.I am also insulin dependent Diabetic and I use Fascino also. They have the kind of syringes I use (BD-30g fine extra short) and these are not easy to find most other pharmacies in Thailand.

They also have every type of insulin including "Pen-fill" or vials. I use R & N, and one vial costs me 450 THB. Syringes are 5 THB each or a box of 100 for 350 THB. If you get a Fascino Memer card you get 5% discount on everything and it takes 2 minutes to fill out the form. Also you get stickers on your card that allows you to get free gifts when it's full.

If traveling outside the big cities (North Issan) etc. I recommend you shop at Fascino first and bring syringes with you or you will find yourself buying Horse needles about 7' long. lol

Private me if you need any more info or I will be checking your thread also.

BTW: I also eat fast food and have no problem. My Diabetes is never better when I'm in Thailand but I do eat a lot of spicy Thai food. Fast food expect to pay about the same as back home. Burger King Cheesburger, fries and coke about 110 THB ($3.50 Canadian.) so I guess it is cheaper. I wouldn't know the prices out of Thailand these days.

thanks you answerd everything i need.

I asked a nice young lady assistant at Fascino if they could provide me with quinine sulphate and alprazolam if I obtained a doctor's prescription. She went to some trouble to find if this was possible but alas they did not stock those medicines. She advised me to try the pharmacy at Foodland. They came through for me, at prices considerably lower than I have paid hitherto elsewhere.

Are you for real

yes i can still eat fast food, just have to know what to order, pizza place = thin crust, little cheese and lots of veggies, macdonald = caesar salad with chicken, grilled chicken sandwich without mayo, kfc has nothing for me but my bro like it, and so on.

You wont be liking McD's here then, no caesar salad with chicken or grilled chicken sandwich features on their menu.

I asked a nice young lady assistant at Fascino if they could provide me with quinine sulphate and alprazolam if I obtained a doctor's prescription. She went to some trouble to find if this was possible but alas they did not stock those medicines. She advised me to try the pharmacy at Foodland. They came through for me, at prices considerably lower than I have paid hitherto elsewhere.

thanks, did they ask for a prescription ?

Fascino also has a small outlet on Pattaya Tai between Second Road and Tukcom (much closer to Second Road, but Tukcom is the next landmark I could think of. I think it's across the street from Wat Chaimongkol, but maybe a bit farther up Pattaya Tai?

Their on site inventory is small, but if you request something they don't have, I think they'll ship it down from the Pattaya Nua store.