Motorbike Repairing Scratched Panels

paulian

I have a relatively new Suzuki Hayate, about 2500km on it. I already have a series of scratches on the main right panel of the bike from a slight miscalculation in navigation and a few more on the left side. No cracks, just deep scratches through the surface of the paint. In Pattaya, does anyone know who would do paint work to repair the scratches ?

New panels? Shouldnt be more than 700 baht per side.

ok, Thanks KRSI, I had a feeling that was the way I had to do it. I just did not know because one panel has factory pinstripes on it and the side panel has a suzuki decal and the model name on it.

You can get them painted, but once everything is said and done new panels would only cost a little bit more. The stickers are available from the dealer and every single color of motorcycle paint is available by the Pylac brand. They are color matched spray can lacquers. A big motorcycle parts store will have a color chart, but it has to be a big shop that supplies parts to small repair shops.

You can get them painted, but once everything is said and done new panels would only cost a little bit more. The stickers are available from the dealer and every single color of motorcycle paint is available by the Pylac brand. They are color matched spray can lacquers. A big motorcycle parts store will have a color chart, but it has to be a big shop that supplies parts to small repair shops.

Thanks KRSI ! Just going to go down to my dealer tomorrow and order the panels and decals. Painting any of it doesn't make sense any longer. Installation should be hardly anything.