Thai Students Found 'Addicted' To Football Gambling

webfact

Wow what an intensive study, they chose 18 students and found large percentages! What kind of rubbish is this, I could find 30 students that all provide me with sex and for free (actually that sounds like a good study) does that mean that 100% of thai students are easy and loose.

I wish.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised he hasn't somehow blamed " farang" football teams for the problem. Usually someone somewhere drags us into it for corrupting Thai morals.

You just know what the solution to the problem is going to be.

Ban televised football matches being show on True!!!

Wow what an intensive study, they chose 18 students and found large percentages! What kind of rubbish is this, I could find 30 students that all provide me with sex and for free (actually that sounds like a good study) does that mean that 100% of thai students are easy and loose.

I wish.

Here here

18 student between 15 and 25. I'm sure that there are hundreds of thousands of students between 15 and 25. Just another headline for someone that like to get their name in the paper.

and the article also vaguely implies that they have been gambling for 8 years - so the 15 year olds started when they were 7? Hopefully they were not selling sexual favours from the age of 7.to pay off their gambling debts.... this article is not based on science - sounds more like a ministry agenda for Thainess restoration...

and another thing, isn't performing sexual favours for money just a euphemism for prostitution? Why doesnt the report just say girls are resorting to prostitution, I guess that will reflect badly :whistling:

There isn't any prostitution in Thailand, that's illegal. Those girls are just trading sexual favors to repay loans, a straight business transaction based on the age old honored barter system.

Where are these favours being offered and how can I partake?

Not an Urban Myth but a fact.

In our town it is common place and well known that any evening, in the main street, that College age Girls, in uniform, Are available for "Sex for Money". Going rate is 1500Baht. i.e. 500 for the young lady for her efforts and to enable her to regularly buy a new Phone and the latest make-up etc. 500 for the "Boyfriend" to pay his gambling debts or to at least meet the interest payments [ if not severe bodily harm will ensure, metered out by those black helmeted, black jacket thugs ] Also 500 for the hotel room and to ensure no report is made to "you-know-who" . They may want some of the action?

Sad but true!

18 students is not a significantly statistical sampling population.

Really!!!! That fact of yours amazes me :lol:. What such insight you have. I admire your commanding thoughts on the subject - I will go away now and think about your observations in total quiet whilst performing yoga in the forest as a ruesi in my sala!!!

In our town it is common place and well known that any evening, in the main street, that College age Girls, in uniform, Are available for "Sex for Money". Going rate is 1500Baht. i.e. 500 for the young lady for her efforts and to enable her to regularly buy a new Phone and the latest make-up etc. 500 for the "Boyfriend" to pay his gambling debts or to at least meet the interest payments [ if not severe bodily harm will ensure, metered out by those black helmeted, black jacket thugs ] Also 500 for the hotel room and to ensure no report is made to "you-know-who" . They may want some of the action?

Sad but true!

They must be some ugly college girls at them prices....:lol:

Really!!!! That fact of yours amazes me :lol:. What such insight you have. I admire your commanding thoughts on the subject - I will go away now and think about your observations in total quiet whilst performing yoga in the forest as a ruesi in my sala!!!

I think he made the post to try and sound intellectual, a quick look on Wiki and pulled out a buzz phrase....;)

Sad but true!

Sounds a tad expensive to me no matter how stunning they are. I thought the going rate was around 200 baht for a girl in Thailand.

Sad but true!

Sounds a tad expensive to me no matter how stunning they are. I thought the going rate was around 200 baht for a girl in Thailand.

If you are under the illusion the going rate was THB 200, can well understand why they call you Softgeorge...:rolleyes: ......:jerk: .....only joking........I dont want you to get a hard on for me

Edited by Soutpeel

I just asked Visa and Mastercard to spend the night with me to pay off my debts, no joy :annoyed:

it is this comment however

"It is the speculation by newspaper columnists that influences students' gambling habits,"

that pretty much sums up the intelligence levels here, this is from a professor, does he not think that people can speculate themselves, do people need a journalist to tell them who they think will win a game, can't these people decide for themselves?? I blame mark lawrenson if this is true.

And precisely what is it that sums up the intelligence levels in the USA, the worlds largest market for Afghanistan's drug produce. The money goes to fund the weapons that shoot Westerners, and US Republicans push for trillions to fund the wars. Hey, nothing like a bit of cash flow to keep the brothels of war flowing with blood. America can't f*** it's way out the current situation, so it exploits the resources of every country it can.

And just what percentage of farangs entering this country are here for anything other than exploitation? The attitudes of the majority of posters here, those who relish at the opportunity to wipe their backsides with someone else's problems is simply pathetic.

Where is the compassion for the addicted students? Where is the concern? Shame on you.

If you are under the illusion the going rate was THB 200, can well understand why they call you Softgeorge...:rolleyes: ......:jerk: .....only joking........I dont want you to get a hard on for me

This post has been edited by Soutpeel: 18 minutes ago

I don't really know as I have never hired one. Just going by what I have been told, $20 AUD gets you 1/2 dozen beers, a feed and a woman in a Thai bar. I am already married so don't need to buy it.

I think he made the post to try and sound intellectual, a quick look on Wiki and pulled out a buzz phrase....;)

Or in an attempt to include as many words beginning with S in a Short Sentence maybe!!!:D He could have put SCHOLARLY before students and SIZED in front of sampling if he really wanted to Suitably Show off his Scribing Skills!!!:o

though

Pleased to edify you :-)

Some female students do also pay their parents debts that way, nothing new under the sun. We all know why Truevisions flood us with nonsense games on a level that is so tragically bad that you can only gamble on the number of faulty passes, yellow cards of corrupted officials. But who cares, if the students do not gamble on football they play cards. If they cannot play cards, they go to the temple to figure out wining lottery numbers. Bottom line, it has nothing to do with football. Thaksin knew it and was the only wise man. Legalize the gambling shit and at least you can pay for the students education that way. Now the money gets lost in the pockets of the likes of Suthep and Sanan, their families and those of the men in uniform.

I just asked Visa and Mastercard to spend the night with me to pay off my debts, no joy :annoyed:

it is this comment however

"It is the speculation by newspaper columnists that influences students' gambling habits,"

that pretty much sums up the intelligence levels here, this is from a professor, does he not think that people can speculate themselves, do people need a journalist to tell them who they think will win a game, can't these people decide for themselves?? I blame mark lawrenson if this is true.

And precisely what is it that sums up the intelligence levels in the USA, the worlds largest market for Afghanistan's drug produce. The money goes to fund the weapons that shoot Westerners, and US Republicans push for trillions to fund the wars. Hey, nothing like a bit of cash flow to keep the brothels of war flowing with blood. America can't f*** it's way out the current situation, so it exploits the resources of every country it can.

And just what percentage of farangs entering this country are here for anything other than exploitation? The attitudes of the majority of posters here, those who relish at the opportunity to wipe their backsides with someone else's problems is simply pathetic.

Where is the compassion for the addicted students? Where is the concern? Shame on you.

I agree with you about america, I am not a yank so I am happy to put the boot into them :D

Do you know what percentage of farangs are here to exploit?? it seems funny if you ask a question that nobody could possibly answer,

Compassion for addicted students?? i guess you are confusing me with someone that give a dam_n. they have parents to deal with that B)

ps, if you know what I actually do for the under privileged in this country i guess you would have a different attitude, however you don't know so I forgive you, I don't see addicts as underprivileged, do you see them as underprivileged? If the child of hi so parents is addicted to something, is he under privileged? he isn't so therefore I don't concern myself with him.

I am confused, why are you having a go at the bloke for the above comment?

Surely he said nothing wrong... it is an absurd sampling population, he is perfectly right.

You seem pretty bitter, don't you?