I Love This Forum - Helpful & Informative

english_farang_lady

Firstly, want to say that (unlike some other people) I think that this Forum - or more particularly the majority of people contributing to it - are brilliant.

We moved here recently not knowing anyone, and it has been really very helpful to have peoples opinions and replies to questions. And I love the news items too, very interesting, and of course, anyone who does not like it can just not read it! Or contribute something they do like.

Anyhow - worried at first that this should have gone on Thai Food Forum, but since it is about where to find breakfast sausages in Pattaya, hope I am right putting it here.

Foodland has good German ones, 'Swienworstel' or something similar. And these are the best so far for weekend breakfasts. They also have some rather nasty 'butter' sausages, the worst so far !

Anyone any tips on where to get 'real' sausages in Pattaya ?

Also - anyone know a good butcher - with weekend joints of meat ?

Hi,

I don't buy sausages except the cooked ones, but I've been told there's an English butcher in Soi Rungland, off Pattaya Tai. I was told he does good English bacon, so I'm presuming he also does sausages. There's also Yorkies and Simple Simons at Jomtien, although I have not bought anything at these places.

I/d agree with Yorkies.............save you the trip to Jomtien, Friendship on South Pattaya road stock his whole range of food.............list off the top of my head would be,

Sausage.......Pork :D , Beef :D , Garlic and Chive :o , Cumberland Ring :D and new out Chicken believe it or not...........all run about 155 baht/500gms.

Cornish Pasties , Steak Pie, Mince Pie.....all about 65 baht.

Pork pies small 65 baht? and large 180 baht...........smalls ample.

Scotch Eggs......60 baht i think.

Black Pudding Sliced........dont know price.

Bacon..........Loin, Rolled and Streaky again approx 65 baht/200 gms.

Gammon.............cant remember the price, but its thinly sliced as opposed to a gammon steak.

Dont think ive missed anything..........all Yorkies products are basically like what you would buy in the UK.

Enjoy! :D

Ive tried nearly every differant type of english style sausage available in Pattaya and by far the best is Yorkies.

With joints of meat for roasting, Foodland have Lamb in the frozen section and cuts of beef in the butchery section. The Lamb is either Oz or NZ and they have legs, and boned and rolled shoulder. If the shoulder is too big you can take it to the butchery section and they will gladly cut it to the size of portions you want.

• 3 years later...

I am always on the look out for some decent sausage in Pattaya, thanks for the above tips. I am not a huge fan of Yorkies sausages, better ones can be found in Friendship Supermarket on Pattaya Tai.

A recent post suggested making one's own sausages, obviously this takes some effort.

Does anyones here in Pattaya have any tasty sausage recommendations?

Thanks.

thai people call a sausage "Smoky Bite" , ....

just ask some thai people , "I like to eat smoky bite, where can I get smoky bite"

Thanks for that info, but I understood that Thai for sausage is 'hot dog'..?

Edited by syd barrett

Firstly, want to say that (unlike some other people) I think that this Forum - or more particularly the majority of people contributing to it - are brilliant.

We moved here recently not knowing anyone, and it has been really very helpful to have peoples opinions and replies to questions. And I love the news items too, very interesting, and of course, anyone who does not like it can just not read it! Or contribute something they do like.

Anyhow - worried at first that this should have gone on Thai Food Forum, but since it is about where to find breakfast sausages in Pattaya, hope I am right putting it here.

Foodland has good German ones, 'Swienworstel' or something similar. And these are the best so far for weekend breakfasts. They also have some rather nasty 'butter' sausages, the worst so far !

Anyone any tips on where to get 'real' sausages in Pattaya ?

Also - anyone know a good butcher - with weekend joints of meat ?

try the fairly new german/swiss butcher = see www.meat-stuff.com bet I have found thus far

What’s with the old thread resurrection, we all board or what?.

There have been so many threads, well past their "Sell by Date" recently resurrected on the subject of sausages and breakfasts by one person, I can only conclude he must be homesick for the "full English" (AKA; Full Monty, Builders Breakfast, Gut Buster, just to name a few) or he is on commission to plug certain supermarkets, hence me starting tread Just Who Is A Couple Of Bangers Short Of The The Full Monty?

The fact is you just can not get sausages, bacon, black pudding that looks or tastes like that in the UK, in Thailand.