Central Bank B50Bn Bonds, Better Than Bank Deposit

and what about a risk premium for Krungsri?

Zero

Government guarantee for depositors.

And don't forget to claim your 15% withholding tax back.

TMB will give 2.5% on their "no fixed", but limited number of free monthly withdrawals, no withholding tax up to 10,000 Baht interest, but no ATM facility.

Edited by 12DrinkMore

and what about a risk premium for Krungsri?

Zero

Government guarantee for depositors.

TMB will give 2.5% on their "no fixed", but limited number of free monthly withdrawals, no withholding tax up to 10,000 Baht interest, but no ATM facility.

You are correct, it's B50m guaranteed until sometime mid next year, after that B1m per bak and depositor, ?

TMB =This opens interesting combination options.

Edited by THAIPHUKET

I wonder why the cashier in TMB offered me an ATM card when I opened my "no fixed" account the other day?

She was very keen about it being the only card that allows for free withdrawals from any bank's ATM machines.

I wonder why the cashier in TMB offered me an ATM card when I opened my "no fixed" account the other day?

She was very keen about it being the only card that allows for free withdrawals from any bank's ATM machines.

Did you take the card and does it work?

The website

http://www.tmbbank.com/personal/deposits/nofixed/tmb-no-fixed-account-en.php

says no

Transactions through TMB ATM and TMB Phone Banking is not allowed for TMB No Fixed Account

and my local bank told me no ATM card available for this account..

Please enlighten me a little more as this is the first time I heard about and it sounds interesting.

In which cases should it be possible to reclaim the witholding tax on interests and what is the procedure?

Did you take the card and does it work?

The website

says no

and my local bank told me no ATM card available for this account..

I didn't take the card and that is what I understood from the website also.

I may go in there next week and ask her about it.

just type 'withholding tax' into the forum search above ... here is one recent thread on the topic

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/489397-tax-withheld-on-interest/page__p__4613553

Please enlighten me a little more as this is the first time I heard about and it sounds interesting.

In which cases should it be possible to reclaim the witholding tax on interests and what is the procedure?

Not true - Citibank card allows free withdrawals in Thailand and overseas from PLUS and a couple of other ATMs