Snake In Bathroom

This was in our bathroom. Anyone know what kind of snake it is???

It was striking at the broom i was using to get it out of the house and had bight pink on the underside of his tail, he was flaring this up presumably as a kind of defensive maneuver, when he did this he curled it up and it looked rather like a second mouth.

Thanks in advance.

post-80347-0-55132400-1313889827_thumb.j

It's a non poisonous Striped Kukri Snake (oligodon taeniatus)

If attacked, the snake is usually defensive and displays the typical defensive behavior for an Oligodon

(rolling up to the side and lifting up the tail.)

If attacked, the snake is usually defensive and displays the typical defensive behavior for an Oligodon

Are you sure, i googled it and the photos of that snake look pretty different to this one, althought there is a shot of the tail coiling i was talking about. The colours and stripes seem much more defined on the striped kukri.

post-80347-0-34933100-1313910589_thumb.j

Striking a snake with a broom is not wise as you can easily flip the snake onto yourself.

If you're not experienced in dealing with snakes you're better off leaving well alone and getting someone in who is.

In Thailand you're seldom far away from someone who is an experienced snake wrangler. most villages have one.

Striking a snake with a broom is not wise as you can easily flip the snake onto yourself.

If you're not experienced in dealing with snakes you're better off leaving well alone and getting someone in who is.

In Thailand you're seldom far away from someone who is an experienced snake wrangler. most villages have one.

well all the thais who were present wanted me to cut it's head off so i thought it was best to just brush him outside and see him off down the end of the garden. He wasn't that big to be fair and with the broom i kept him far enough away to feel that i was safe enough. If i found a big boy i would leave it to the locals believe me! Thanks for the advice though!

Are you sure, i googled it and the photos of that snake look pretty different to this one, althought there is a shot of the tail coiling i was talking about. The colours and stripes seem much more defined on the striped kukri.

..he'd make a great belt!

I also looks to have recently eaten from the size of it's belly. If it is non poisonous then maybe it is good to have around to keep the rats down.