Withdrawing From Paypal To Verified Scb Account

Hi,

I have a regular SCB account with debit card.

I have a Paypal account which I set up with it, and received the 2 small payments from Paypal to verify the account.

This suggested to me all was fine.

I then tried to withdraw a small amount (2000B) from the Paypal to the SCB. The transaction was reversed with Paypal saying that my bank info was not correct, although it has not been changed with Paypal or the bank.

I went to SCB, they didn't know what Paypal was, but said I can't use my debit card online and should talk to Paypal. I don't intend to use the card online, but because the SCB account is tied to a debit card could that be why the transaction was reversed?

I am posting here as it is obvious that nobody in any SCB in Thailand will be able to help. I am awaiting a response from Paypal.

I don't get why I received the 2 small verification payments but cannot withdraw money from Paypal to SCB.

Can anyone out there help?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. The name on my bank account is in Thai, but it is identical on my Paypal account (in Thai), however the SCB account name has the title 'nay' in front, and the Paypal doesn't. I thought this could be the reason, but then, like I said before, I did receive the verification payments fine...puzzling!

This probably doesn't help, since my bank account is with Kasikorn, but I've never had any trouble moving money from PayPal to my bank. I'd suggest you call PayPal, rather than waiting for them to answer an email (they're horrible).

Not 100% sure but it maybe because your SCB card is not compatible to work on the internet [ie do shopping online etc etc]] Normal Thai ATM cards do not work on the net the same as they do at home.

The 2 amounts you would have received would have been to confirm your bank account, the card also need to be confirmed in order for everything to be complete.

I can only suggest that you ask the SCB to give you a card which is user friendly on the net, not sure if the SCB have these although I have been led to beleive that you can ask them to activate your current card so it is net friendly, or set up a different paypal account using either the Bangkok Bank B1st account or the Kasikorn K-WEB account, you can use either of these to set up a paypal account with no problems.

You would need to deactivate your existing paypal account and also use a new email address before you start this process to avoid any problems.

Again I am not sure if this is indeed the solution but it very much sounds like it, I recently set up a paypal account using Bangkok Bank and it was hassle free.

P.S. The name on my bank account is in Thai, but it is identical on my Paypal account (in Thai), however the SCB account name has the title 'nay' in front, and the Paypal doesn't. I thought this could be the reason, but then, like I said before, I did receive the verification payments fine...puzzling!

I found that even a small deviation between the Paypal details and the bank can be an issue. I don't live in Thailand but this happened to me. It has to be absolutely identical. In my case, it was an abbreviation that caused a problem.

It is just SCB. I had the same problem. If you have K-bank, you can activate internet debit card through an ATM and it takes less than 1 minute. You can then withdrawal to your bank account direct with no problems. I even entered in to Paypal incorrect billing/home address as I could not recall what I used when I opened the account, so I used my current address which is definitely wrong and it still ant through. I would suggest taking the time to open a K-bank account if you plan on using PayPal, SCB is the worst for internet purchases and Credit Card inquiries.

I found that even a small deviation between the Paypal details and the bank can be an issue. I don't live in Thailand but this happened to me. It has to be absolutely identical. In my case, it was an abbreviation that caused a problem.

This probably doesn't help, since my bank account is with Kasikorn, but I've never had any trouble moving money from PayPal to my bank. I'd suggest you call PayPal, rather than waiting for them to answer an email (they're horrible).

Call !!!! :cheesy:

Just try and see what occurs !! If you think getting an email answered is difficult try ringing this wannabee bank !!

And they dont answer emails-they redirect a link to their website-they never individually answer mail.

Edited in K-bank holders-

What sort of exchange rate do you get when you transfer ?? My thoughts are immediately a very low one ??

Edited by Chivas

The name in your PayPal account, is it written in Thai characters or in English characters? For example, is it written as "Name" or as "ชื่อ"?

PayPal has at the beginning of the month changed something with their withdrawal system. It doesn't accept Thai characters anymore. The name in your PayPal account needs to be in English characters, not in Thai. On the bank account side in Thailand, it doesn't matter if it's in Thai or in English.

Call !!!! :cheesy:

Just try and see what occurs !! If you think getting an email answered is difficult try ringing this wannabee bank !!

And they dont answer emails-they redirect a link to their website-they never individually answer mail.

Edited in K-bank holders-

What sort of exchange rate do you get when you transfer ?? My thoughts are immediately a very low one ??

I meant call PayPal, not the bank. Yes, Paypal is horrible on the phone, but at least you get an answer (eventually). By email, they either don't write back for days or they give you an answer that has nothing to do with the original question!

You mean exchange rate for the money you get in PayPal? Paypal does the exchange, not the bank, so it really doesn't matter what bank you have. And yes, Paypal's exchange rate sucks (it was 29.01 for dollars yesterday)