Ducati 1199S Spyshot

RusticCharm

Somebody told me that the Ducati 1198S replacement will not cost more than 1.6 million THB. So if the 1199S is that replacement I'm waiting for, you can buy can buy roughly six and a half Kawasaki ER6N for the same price.

The spy shots also announce that it's again time to sell my current Ducati, if anybody is interested in a 1198S with two sets of wheels one carbon fiber and the original ones with two different set of tires... And a lot of other goodies. The carbon fiber wheels cost new and without tires more than a Kawasaki Ninja 250R, they come free with the 1198S... (not wait to long, because maybe I find out that I can use them on my new bike also and hold on to them...)

Somebody told me that the Ducati 1198S replacement will not cost more than 1.6 million THB. So if the 1199S is that replacement I'm waiting for, you can buy can buy roughly six and a half Kawasaki ER6N for the same price.

The spy shots also announce that it's again time to sell my current Ducati, if anybody is interested in a 1198S with two sets of wheels one carbon fiber and the original ones with two different set of tires... And a lot of other goodies. The carbon fiber wheels cost new and without tires more than a Kawasaki Ninja 250R, they come free with the 1198S... (not wait to long, because maybe I find out that I can use them on my new bike also and hold on to them...)

Well, good luck on the upgrade but will the 1199s be so much better than your current outstanding bike? But then again, if you can afford to pay, why not play? The 1199s looks like a bastard offshoot of the RSV4 to me. Not sure about the exhausts but the rest of it looks nice. Will be interesting to see the performance numbers.

Carbon fiber wheels, huh? Mmmm....hopefully better than magnesium. :whistling:

BTW, the '25 and a half er6n's' quip was a joke. :unsure:

Edited by RusticCharm

Anyway, enough of the irritants polluting my thread.

Back on track. Here's another image in stunning Ducati red.

ducati1199s02.jpg

And those mirrors seem to be farther away from the body. Maybe they're actually usable without having to lift your elbows.

Here's some more info.

"Our sources close to the development of the Ducati Superbike 1199 Superquadrata have confirmed the rumors that the new Bologna bullet will do away with the tradition belt-driven camshaft and instead feature a gear-driven cam configuration. The same type of technology that Aprilia used to cheat win the 2010 World Superbike Championship title, a gear-driven camshaft configuration should help increase power by 3-5hp throughout the rev range on the Superquadrata motor, as compared to Ducati's traditional belt configuration.

Widely used in MotoGP, the 1199′s gear-driven camshaft will be a carryover from the Ducati Desmosedici (a point we're sure Ducati will include in its marketing material), which should help ease the transition for some hardcore enthusiasts who see Ducati's belt-driven camshaft as an iconic part of the Italian company's v-twin motor. With seemingly no sacred cows when it comes to the Superbike 1199's development, the highly over-square v-twin motor will be nestled in a "frameless" chassis, departing from Ducati's famous steel trellis designs of the past.

As the Ducati Superbike 1199 expected to lose about 20 lbs of weight with its new frame and other designs, the Superquadrata motor is rumored to be up 20hp over the 1198, reaching the 200hp mark in its highest trim form."

Source: Bothan Spies; Photo: Auto Cars Review via Ducati News Today

Edited by RusticCharm

ducati1199s02.jpg

And those mirrors seem to be farther away from the body. Maybe they're actually usable without having to lift your elbows.

Here's some more info.

"Our sources close to the development of the Ducati Superbike 1199 Superquadrata have confirmed the rumors that the new Bologna bullet will do away with the tradition belt-driven camshaft and instead feature a gear-driven cam configuration. The same type of technology that Aprilia used to cheat win the 2010 World Superbike Championship title, a gear-driven camshaft configuration should help increase power by 3-5hp throughout the rev range on the Superquadrata motor, as compared to Ducati's traditional belt configuration.

Widely used in MotoGP, the 1199′s gear-driven camshaft will be a carryover from the Ducati Desmosedici (a point we're sure Ducati will include in its marketing material), which should help ease the transition for some hardcore enthusiasts who see Ducati's belt-driven camshaft as an iconic part of the Italian company's v-twin motor. With seemingly no sacred cows when it comes to the Superbike 1199's development, the highly over-square v-twin motor will be nestled in a "frameless" chassis, departing from Ducati's famous steel trellis designs of the past.

As the Ducati Superbike 1199 expected to lose about 20 lbs of weight with its new frame and other designs, the Superquadrata motor is rumored to be up 20hp over the 1198, reaching the 200hp mark in its highest trim form."

Nice one RC,

I'd own one in a heart beat, much as I love my 999S, this I would imagine is going to be a very reliable, low maintenance engine. I hope the exhaust routing isn't the final blueprint. Still not a fan of the back pipe even though I understand the why.

ducati1199s02.jpg

Here's some more info.

Nice one RC,

I'd own one in a heart beat, much as I love my 999S, this I would imagine is going to be a very reliable, low maintenance engine. I hope the exhaust routing isn't the final blueprint. Still not a fan of the back pipe even though I understand the why.

I like the low slung pipe...looks way cooler than the underseat jobs

I love the small tailpiece...looks way cooler than the old one with the underseat pipes.

Okay. You don't like underseat pipes. We get it! :blink:

Edited by RusticCharm

I love the small tailpiece...looks way cooler than the old one with the underseat pipes.

Okay. You don't like underseat pipes. We get it! :blink:

Yep, don't knock it until you've tried it B) Also loud clutches save lives :lol: