Visa For Marriage Extension: Rule Changed?

I wonder how some of the bitter and twisted in here survive - a lot of the time I read Thai Visa, frankly, I am in despair.

The OP asked for advice. He took the reasonable advice, applied his own common sense, took a little luck, and in the end it worked for him and he smoothed things with the requisite politeness to get the result.

I have only been in Thai for 6 years, my original visa was non O multiple entry issued (without any drama) in Hull UK. - this renewed for 4 years. I then got married in 2010 and last year presented my modest armed forces pension earnings as evidence of the 400k baht required. It was a major pain in the ass with UK tax - P60 and consulate verification bla bla bla.

This year (recently) I presented 400k cash on deposit in a fixed deposit account together with the appropriate letter from the Thai Bank - this worked perfectly - and I spent time in immigration less than an hour.

Advice for those wanting a simple life is - leave the funds on deposit and do not touch - DO NOT TOUCH - This approach demonstrates a credibility, i say again CREDIBILITY, that you are not kee nok. If you are kee nok then Cambodia are welcoming right now and we will be better off without you.

Note to self. If you cannot afford to deposit GBP £8000 to secure the right to live in this wonderful country then go and sell the Big Issue in Leicester Square.

I support Thai Immigration's attempts to irradiate the non desirables; a majority of which are either sad alcoholics, or are 'pretend' teachers with 'bent' degrees (or both), that do not meet the criterion to stay here virtually tax free. The majority of these individuals have little to offer in the way of local community investment and in my experience just stir the soup so the good guys get slated. I always remember my old boy's advice - "you will always be judged by the company you keep" - unfortunately that means one bad farang means many bad farangs.

Just look at the tone of the comments from many may posters in Thai Visa and you will 'get it' if you are sober of course.

I love Thailand - I am not rich - but I pay my way - I share the (little) wealth - and I am content. For those that cannot afford to offer something to this country I suggest, with respect, move East..... BUT your days are numbered Cambodia, Philippines and other countries are getting smarter. Good Luck!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic